• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Tanliarian

May 3, 2017
I feel like these pre-tech releases are kind of fucking them a bit. Like yeah, its great that content has continued to trickle out, however, all of this content that is being released now has to be converted before the tech release can come out. Its like digging a hole and from time to time you throw a couple shovelfuls back in to show you're doing something. Also, its been an absolute ton of content released since the announcement, likely adding a good bit of time to the tech build.

Jan 14, 2018
Why can't he hire at least one full-timer? This is a genuine question, he has enough funds to do so after all. Maybe he would rather keep the money he would have to spend on a full-timer for himself and his family, understandable. Not only that but it gives the game's development extra longevity which means more money. Who knows if his next project after Summertime Saga will be successful or if even Summertime Saga will keep it's revenue over the years? Or maybe he just doesn't give a fuck.

Regardless for his reasons, I get why people are irritated with how things are going, crying whiners or not, especially with this tech-update shitshow going on. Regardless of Patreon TOS, DC not being obliged to fulfill people's entitlement, yadda yadda, it comes down to Patrons giving him money to support development of the game and DC refusing to use that money to it's potential.

I'm not saying he should invest every dime or that he should do everything he can to speed up his game that originally started with him dicking around but this isn't a small operation anymore, this is his job and a well paying one at that. He himself set up Kompas productions which means he's serious about this. No skin off my back, the guy could make a million and not update for 2 years it won't be the end of the world, but I can't help but see at least a little sense in people complaining about the way DC works. Unless someone can enlighten me of something I'm not aware about.

Yup pretty much. It's just disappointing to see all these funds go unused, most complaints are because of that. People wouldn't complain as much about it if they made 20k but they're making 90 and so there are expectations to perform accordingly It's like if you were rich and had an einstein level genius kid but he/she decided to work forever at McDonald's. Their choice but you can't genuinely not be disappointed by the wasted potential, especially given all the resources at their disposal and how lucky of a situation it is.

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
Can always retcon her to be another tenant, like how Debbie and Diane are "friends." (Despite looking practically like identical twins.)
She was another tenant for a while after the big switch, then they retconned her again to be Debbie's daughter. It better fits the story and dialogue changes they've made, and I think DC doesn't want to step in the Patreon incest muck again if he can help it.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
She was another tenant for a while after the big switch, then they retconned her again to be Debbie's daughter. It better fits the story and dialogue changes they've made, and I think DC doesn't want to step in the Patreon incest muck again if he can help it.
Gracias/thanks
Honestly, how many more of these pre tech is there?
See #9 and #10 here.

Aug 9, 2022
You asked why there's no more polls. I ask which kind of polls, since there were batch polls and then future char polls. And you didn't post 5+ times yourself, GJ judging others for what you do too

You didn't pay for the game. Patreon isn't Kickstarter. You donate to devs to tell them you like their games and to continue doing what they want/like. So yes, the game being free still makes sense. It would still be made even if the $/month dropped to almost nothing. It would take even longer too, so people could cry about it

That's not how abandoned tag works in here. And judging by that, the game will never have said tag

Pre-techs were made to have Patrons pass time with something to do while waiting. They also need completed routes. No point doing bonus scenes for girls who have nothing and are in the planned phase till Judith's update.
30+ posts on the day for you along with replying to 4 people at once. Always being so negative :geek: wannabe mod's like you make this thread so enjoyable

Kay_Kay

Aug 31, 2019
That's indeed true, I just wanted to point that it's always been like that once we are talking about the dialogs etc. for that kind of characters.

Is it really bad writing, though? The game has a huge global audience and this clearly is tailored towards those from russia/eastern europe (bad timing, for sure, but what can you do), just as Consuela, for example, is meant to be for those who speak spanish etc.

I've no idea where everybody here is coming from, but there may indeed be some characters which simply aren't written for everybody.
Nah, I speak spanish and Consuela's dialog was ass as well. You like the game? That's alright, but those russian girl dialogs are shit, crap, absolute doodoo. Dev isn't even trying to make decent dialog, which just makes the situation even worse.

4.20 star(s) 342 Votes