dark0s

Oct 11, 2019
I not sure about Western cartoons, but anime episodes are not produced weekly, most if not all of a season is made like 6 months before the first episode is aired.
That's not how it works, unfortunately. It heavily depends on the studio, and even then work usually continues until the night of the broadcast. Sure, initial work can begin anywhere between a year and six months before release, but it rarely, if ever, is completely done with a nice buffer (say 2 weeks) before the night of release. Anime production in japan is, in fact, notorious for its abuse of workers when it comes to crunch. Japan's work culture is, in general, like that - but anime production is infamous for this. Strange that people still choose to peddle this narrative that anime is done 6 months before release.

But that's off-topic, really. What I initially came back here for was to see if any progress was made on the game (last played it maybe a year ago). I understand that there is no update, but is work even being done? Either way I'm glad I never decided to financially support this author, it's very irresponsible and straight up deceptive to drag a project out this long considering how much money you have to allocate to complete it in a timely fashion. Hire more people to the team, cut down feature/character/story creep and just get it done.

Like recently I've revisited "Last Hope" and was pleasantly surprised that the game was finished, had a clear and succinct scope and the author was moving on to create another game. This endless milking of a lich-cow that seems to be both dead and alive at the same time is so pervasive in NSFW game industry it's sort of an expected outcome at this point. Same story as with "What a Legend" and so many others. Shame, really - especially since this game actually has decent art and quite a bit of content. I suppose it has to have that, as a foundation, if it wants to continue duping people into thinking that it will ever be completed.

Last edited:

Automata

Apr 10, 2017
I not sure about Western cartoons, but anime episodes are not produced weekly, most if not all of a season is made like 6 months before the first episode is aired.
I guess I phrased my statement oddly. I wasn't trying to imply studios complete a show from start to finish every week. Rather I was saying or least trying to say

1. DC's art style isn't impossible to replicate.
2. Art studios in shorter time frames than this patch window can and have produced hours of animated content.
3. If DC was willing to pay other artists, imagine what a team of people could have done by now.
4. We'd have a lot more content than what he's teased/shown since each "scene" is a static image or a short loop compared to a 30 min tv show.

Last edited:

X[]-[]X

Aug 28, 2021
Why? She's the only one who has the storyline to actually back that up. Adding a trans option to let's say Roxxy or Mia would be totally ridiculous.
You can't really appeal to those who like gay man content with just one character, as this game is aimed at those who like man x woman. So it's an appeal that's pointless as it gets you barely any more fans. He should have had at least 5 characters whose sex you can change, so it would not have been pointless.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
You can't really appeal to those who like gay man content with just one character, as this game is aimed at those who like man x woman. So it's an appeal that's pointless as it gets you barely any more fans. He should have had at least 5 characters who's sex you can change.
Eve's alternative isn't regular gay though, it's trans.
You can argue about where on the spectrum that fits but it's definitely not the same target audience that wants sweaty manlove with hairy bears or whatever. Seems more like an extra kink for people that prefer mostly straight pairings.

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
I guess I phrased my statement oddly. I wasn't trying to imply studios complete a show from start to finish every week. Rather I was saying or least trying to say

1. DC's art style isn't impossible to replicate.
2. Art studios in shorter time frames than this patch window can and have produced hours of animated content.
3. If DC was willing to pay other artists, imagine what a team of people could have done by now.
4. We'd have a lot more content than what he's teased/shown since each "scene" is a static image or a short loop compared to a 30 min tv show.
Art isn't really the bottleneck of this game though.

X[]-[]X

Aug 28, 2021
Eve's alternative isn't regular gay though, it's trans.
You can argue about where on the spectrum that fits but it's definitely not the same target audience that wants sweaty manlove with hairy bears or whatever. Seems more like an extra kink for people that prefer mostly straight pairings.
My point boils down to: It's wasted potential to not have more femboys (that is what male Eve is).

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
My point boils down to: It's wasted potential to not have more femboys (that is what male Eve is).
Too busty for a femboy.
Either way, it's just a bit of variety and clearly not meant to capture a large gay audience. A significant part of the game is about breeding fetish and pregnancy, so obviously not the kind of title that aims to appeal to the m/m crowd.

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
Kevin was supposedly for the m/m crowd, but I wonder if that got scrapped and the Trans!Eve is a bit of a remaining token option that's the closest to that initial idea.

4.20 star(s) 337 Votes