RT5X

Aug 15, 2021
gonna be positive for once:
I honestly love how this game (even with cheats) can take me days to completely finish everything.
When I'm 65 years old when the Judith update comes I'll definitely do the non cheating playthrough lol

Apr 22, 2019
because people can become lazy, this tech update probably could have been done a long time ago, but hey, if I was DC, and money was rolling in, my "coder" was taking their time, and all I had to do was release wallpapers of "possible" future content... yeah, I can see how that could quickly become the current show it is.

and now people are talking about "game being listed as abandoned soon, which is going to effect the bottom line" and suddenly... the fire is lit under a very painful area...

in other words, DC probably got lazy, after all, there was no rush to get a update out... until recently.
Adeptus Steve is not any better with his false advertising and he gets twice more with patreon.
Abandoned tag or not that won't sadly change a thing about DC and SS.

CUNTBLAZER420

Jan 24, 2020
I'm not sure why you're saying to take it with a heap of salt and say "apparently", when that's literally what he said. I went and found the part where he discussed it: It's around the 10 minute mark.

DC responds to a chatter, saying that they (developers) usually work parallel to each other but that they're now all working together to get out a playable test version of the tech-update, supposedly getting "close".

He's also saying he's working on Jenny a lot because she'll be one of the first stories to experience with the tech-update, and wants people to enjoy all the things they add and improve for her story. At this point its all pretty vague and we don't know what he actually means by this.

But to me it kind of sounds like some content packages (mainly storylines) will be re-released AFTER the tech-update instead of the tech-update being a whole packaged revamp of the game and scheduled updates going further as usual, like we thought. That's just my speculation from what DC said, but I see it happening. Releasing the tech-update in playable chunks instead of waiting another year or more for the whole thing seems to be the best call, even though it's not perfect.

I just hope that they rework all the content they plan on re-implementing, because why the fuck wouldn't you? If at that point they haven't reworked the art and scenes, then what the fuck are we doing?
I kinda had my suspicions before that the tech update would include some or all of the needed storyline reworks. It really wouldn't have made much sense to code in and repose all the old content only to replace it all later. But, then again I could just be misinterpreting his words. Would help to explain the wait though.

Reactions: itsyeboii

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
I mean DC finally releasing something is good news,even if the timing is suspicious and is going to be a scuffed version of the tech update,not the full thing like they promised so long ago.

Glorious Cat

Jul 25, 2017
I'm not sure why you're saying to take it with a heap of salt and say "apparently", when that's literally what he said. I went and found the part where he discussed it: It's around the 10 minute mark.

DC responds to a chatter, saying that they (developers) usually work parallel to each other but that they're now all working together to get out a playable test version of the tech-update, supposedly getting "close".

He's also saying he's working on Jenny a lot because she'll be one of the first stories to experience with the tech-update, and wants people to enjoy all the things they add and improve for her story. At this point its all pretty vague and we don't know what he actually means by this.

But to me it kind of sounds like some content packages (mainly storylines) will be re-released AFTER the tech-update instead of the tech-update being a whole packaged revamp of the game and scheduled updates going further as usual, like we thought. That's just my speculation from what DC said, but I see it happening. Releasing the tech-update in playable chunks instead of waiting another year or more for the whole thing seems to be the best call, even though it's not perfect.

I just hope that they rework all the content they plan on re-implementing, because why the fuck wouldn't you? If at that point they haven't reworked the art and scenes, then what the fuck are we doing?
So some kind of early access for the tech update.
At this point, I'll believe it when I see it.

Reactions: Throwawayxyz

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
early access tech update means he can add another year or two for the final version no problem so i'll believe it. he can say he released something that's not a wallpaper which is enough copium for his patreons to last a couple more years

disagree though that it has anything to do with the abandoned tag, that's literally just for fun here to make the DC dickrider squad posting here mad, DC does not give a fuck as long as the money rolls ins. he does not give a fuck.

MisterMeh

Nov 3, 2020

Me saying to take it with a heap of salt is to imply that "soon" for this game can mean a release in a week from now, to several months from now. It could even be a year from now, for that matter.

And the things he says aren't always going to be guaranteed, because he also said that the tech update would only take a few months to complete. How did that work out, exactly?

And because it's taking as long as it has, look at the people who endlessly post about him "milking", and the nonstop complaints about where the game is? That again, is why I say to temper any expectation.

I try as hard as I can to be polite in this thread but lets be honest here, some of the biggest babies inhabit this thread, constantly complaining about not getting their free stuff when they want it...

I couldn't care less one way or another, as I never paid for the game and as evidenced by my posts in this thread, I think he should just do whatever he's doing at his own pace, and leave it at that. Quality over quantity for me always. And quality takes time.

Reactions: affen123

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
Adeptus Steve is not any better with his false advertising and he gets twice more with patreon.
Adeptus Steve makes more than DC?
early access tech update means he can add another year or two for the final version no problem so i'll believe it. he can say he released something that's not a wallpaper which is enough copium for his patreons to last a couple more years

disagree though that it has anything to do with the abandoned tag, that's literally just for fun here to make the DC dickrider squad posting here mad, DC does not give a fuck as long as the money rolls ins. he does not give a fuck.
Well well, look who stumbled in here from the Aurelia thread ;)

Be that is it may, if they release some early test version we can at least see some progress first hand.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Adeptus Steve makes more than DC?
There were times when he made almost twice as much compared to DC (120k+ a month) - the difference may have gotten a bit smaller but it's still stubstancial. Unlike most other games SS provides most patreon benefits at the $1 tier and as such DC may have more patrons, but he's earning a lot less per person. For games like Wild Life on the other hand you have to pay a lot to get anything substancial.

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
I'm completely out of the loop with no horse in this race, but how the fuck has this dodged an abandoned tag?

Doesn't a game get the tag after 6 months of no updates?
This game is getting the abandoned tag the 31 of this month.
Come that day and join the abandoned party:whistle:

whitecode

Nov 1, 2017
I just came back periodically for funsies, but wow, are we finally gonna put the abandoned tag up now? I wonder where this decision came from after all these times
And also they are gonna release some kind of test build, you would imagine 2 years into development of a free roam dating sim VN they should at least have a stable build or something. I would rather see this gets tagged abandoned then seeing some half finished sloppy mess come out.
BTW how much are they making now, patreon doesn't seem to show amount anymore. I wonder if there is a drop

Reactions: Throwawayxyz
4.20 star(s) 338 Votes