V&M

Donor
Feb 10, 2020
For this reason, I disagree with the abandoned games rule. Spending three months (I think that's it), without communication on the platforms, receives the label, but spending almost two years posting shit (pardon the word) on the platforms, but without delivering anything about the game, does not receive the label.
I come here once or twice a year, only to see that nothing has changed.

Catkong80

Jan 18, 2018
Another jealous guy, talking about money...

Money, money, money...
Yeah that's kind of what the thread is currently talking about right now, good for you for catching up with the conversation.
And turns out the other guy just posts all his updates on Twitter instead of Patreon.

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
There were times when he made almost twice as much compared to DC (120k+ a month) - the difference may have gotten a bit smaller but it's still stubstancial. Unlike most other games SS provides most patreon benefits at the $1 tier and as such DC may have more patrons, but he's earning a lot less per person. For games like Wild Life on the other hand you have to pay a lot to get anything substancial.
Jeeeeezus. The money people invest in wank material.

Damn, I thought it was really coming out in March too. Well shit... Next March, maybe.
Can't you steal a build, since you're Carmen Sandiego and all?

MonsterV

Jun 23, 2019
Take this with a MASSIVE heaping of salt.

Apparently today in his stream, Dc and whomever is working on the game, said he's working on releasing a build in the not too distant future, that will be more of a test of the tech update.

Again, this will NOT be the finished version of the over haul, but will be playable.
"He lied as easily as he breathed"

MonsterV

Jun 23, 2019
He's also saying he's working on Jenny a lot because she'll be one of the first stories to experience with the tech-update, and wants people to enjoy all the things they add and improve for her story.
oh i fucking wish it this was the case, because her route sucks, the choices suck and her ending sucks and the reasoning behind it sucks too.

Reactions: Ifllslonly

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
Me saying to take it with a heap of salt is to imply that "soon" for this game can mean a release in a week from now, to several months from now. It could even be a year from now, for that matter.

And the things he says aren't always going to be guaranteed, because he also said that the tech update would only take a few months to complete. How did that work out, exactly?

And because it's taking as long as it has, look at the people who endlessly post about him "milking", and the nonstop complaints about where the game is? That again, is why I say to temper any expectation.

I try as hard as I can to be polite in this thread but lets be honest here, some of the biggest babies inhabit this thread, constantly complaining about not getting their free stuff when they want it...

I couldn't care less one way or another, as I never paid for the game and as evidenced by my posts in this thread, I think he should just do whatever he's doing at his own pace, and leave it at that. Quality over quantity for me always. And quality takes time.
Gotcha. I thought you were talking about the fact that DC said it, rather than surrounding circumstances. In that case I fully agree.

SemenDaemon

Nov 4, 2023
- Things escalate to the point where people start spamming the "Report" function on Patreon, which attracts the attention of their Gestapo moderator team and maybe reminds them that the NSFW game hasn't had a good hard look in a while and needs to be taken down for a few weeks for "review".

I'm not intimately familiar with Patreon's rules, but I'm guessing that pages under review don't charge patrons. DC might be lazy and/or incompetent, but if you fuck with the money it's definitely going to get his attention.
The only rules I see Patreon enforce here would be their "authenticity" rule in community guidelines and "abusive conduct" in TOS which are both up to Patreon's discretion. Ultimately if Patreon thinks DC is misusing their platform, not being genuine or making them look bad in any way they'll do something about it. If enough people complain maybe they'll take a look? I don't know. Even then at best they'll make DC change his methods/be more honest.

Tbh I just wanna see what would happen if the auto-renewals stopped. How many people would actually go out of their way to restart the payments?

4.20 star(s) 338 Votes