partial89

Jun 10, 2018
Are you able to hit ignore? Usually when I get these errors in renpy i just skip or ignore. But if the coding is really bad somethings you are stuck and will have to load a previous save.
The ignore or skip doesnot works, its the begining of day 1 at night. For going to sleep

partial89

Jun 10, 2018
When I try to load the game from the save file given in the site, These shows

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 441, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "game/scripts/core/systems/locations.rpy", line 146, in __setstate__
KeyError: u'popup'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "C:\Users\samrat\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\samrat\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\samrat\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\samrat\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2649, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\samrat\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3451, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "C:\Users\samrat\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 992, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "C:\Users\samrat\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 992, in event
  File "C:\Users\samrat\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 697, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "C:\Users\samrat\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 906, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "C:\Users\samrat\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 841, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "C:\Users\samrat\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 315, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 441, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "C:\Users\samrat\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 727, in load
    roots, log = loads(location.load(filename))
  File "C:\Users\samrat\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-18-2-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 62, in loads
    return pickle.loads(s)
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/pickle.py", line 1382, in loads
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/pickle.py", line 858, in load
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/pickle.py", line 1217, in load_build
  File "game/scripts/core/systems/locations.rpy", line 146, in __setstate__
KeyError: u'popup'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
SummertimeSaga 0.18.2
Sat May 04 13:15:16 2019

Francis8rock

Sep 8, 2017
Gentlemen, please. Keep it civilized. On a positive note, most if not all reported bugs from 18.0 got resolved in two days.
I don't know how may of you work in a IT related job where you create and design software but after years evolving a project redoing large parts of it always creates tremendous problems. And the argument "he gets x amount each month that should speed it up" is simply wrong. At a certain stage in development adding more people to a project just further delays it.
Also insulting does not help motivation. If you really want the project to prosper create structurized feedback.

On a personal note I like that old content got redone. After playing through SS so many times it's refreshing not to wade through 100% known content to get a few new scenes.
That might be a reasonable take if they had just finished the update and quickly released it but that is not what happened. They were bug testing the game for almost a month.

If you have that many people and that much time to QA and the game is released with the type of massive bugs we have seen with this release something is seriously wrong.

As for your comment on feedback he is making over 50k a month. He doesn't really care about peoples feedback. What he does care about is telling people that have been supporting him for years that if they want to get the wallpapers they have been getting as a reward for supporting him anymore they now have to give him more money. Funny how that works.

Heff_Wulf

Sep 30, 2017
That might be a reasonable take if they had just finished the update and quickly released it but that is not what happened. They were bug testing the game for almost a month.

If you have that many people and that much time to QA and the game is released with the type of massive bugs we have seen with this release something is seriously wrong.

As for your comment on feedback he is making over 50k a month. He doesn't really care about peoples feedback. What he does care about is telling people that have been supporting him for years that if they want to get the wallpapers they have been getting as a reward for supporting him anymore they now have to give him more money. Funny how that works.

I guess that resources for the development of SS is going to their other project, Other developers have done the same thing and many more have cancelled or (tied out a quick ending) of the old project to focus on their new one.

Reactions: TurtleKing9000

Thaeddus

Jun 20, 2017
Ok so their patch is out. I Have like 2 bug that stop my game and none are corrected. ok why not they may need more time and I still can play on other path. But come on this patch create new bugs that litteraly stop my every path my saves are broken.

bug list : -"coin 1" is missing when you go clean you aunt garden
- I play on cheat mode since I don't want to grind everything again and I'm stuck beacause I need to pay 500$ to have the roomate/sister teaching cheerleading to roxy but everytime he says I will come back when I have money (I have like almost 100 000) so roxy path blocked, brigett path blocked and siter path blocked

Code:
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'coins1'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/minigames/garden_minigame/garden_minigame.rpyc", line 347, in script call
  File "scripts/minigames/garden_minigame/garden_minigame.rpyc", line 288, in script
  File "C:\Users\Thomas\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-18-0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1337, in execute
    renpy.exports.with_statement(trans, paired)
  File "C:\Users\Thomas\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-18-0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1452, in with_statement
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
  File "C:\Users\Thomas\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-18-0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2207, in do_with
    clear=clear)
  File "C:\Users\Thomas\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-18-0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2649, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Thomas\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-18-0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3318, in interact_core
    renpy.audio.audio.periodic()
  File "C:\Users\Thomas\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-18-0-pc\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 988, in periodic_thread_main
    periodic_pass()
  File "C:\Users\Thomas\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-18-0-pc\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 932, in periodic_pass
    c.periodic()
  File "C:\Users\Thomas\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-18-0-pc\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 416, in periodic
    topf = load(self.file_prefix + filename + self.file_suffix)
  File "C:\Users\Thomas\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-18-0-pc\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 69, in load
    rv = renpy.loader.load(fn)
  File "C:\Users\Thomas\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-18-0-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 555, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'coins1'.

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
SummertimeSaga 0.16.0
Sat May 04 10:10:50 2019
[/CODE]

UBOLSOBS

Mar 12, 2019
I tried that but now its just restarting the day all over again after i sleep. Conversations don't change either.
Then try another save or you may have to get a fresh copy.
Here's a spoiler until then .
Roxxy lives in a trailer.
That's where I got up to just now. Good night.

Francis8rock

Sep 8, 2017
I guess that resources for the development of SS is going to their other project, Other developers have done the same thing and many more have cancelled or (tied out a quick ending) of the old project to focus on their new one.
What other project? At their release rate of one update every 5 months just the planned content in the pipe would take over a year. Another project at this time does not seem feasible nor profit worthy. What would they gain? They already have the top game on Patreon. The SS fans who are giving them 50K+ a month would not be happy them starting a new game when this one still has so far to go.

Ghostly Hale

Jan 26, 2018

Why (Edit from way.wow good going me. Grade a spelling.) not just not give him money? He's spiting in your faces. Pretty soon he'll pull out his dick piss on you and tell you it's raining. Hell as if he's not doing that already. But hell, what am I talking about? He's only making 50K.

Reactions: Arap12

brody990

Jun 11, 2017
So Jenny hint says i'll get a surprise in the night but nothing ever happens then after a few days I got her pregnant so I guess I'm just stuck because she's just constantly mad at me.

Ghostly Hale

Jan 26, 2018
I agree but as for why folks may still be supporting it I think it's because the characters are amazing and the art is perhaps the best art out there in my opinion and no other game is particularly close in that regard. I do agree with what you're saying though.
*Cough* Town of Passion, Milfy city, Zombie's Retreat. *Cough* This game is dead. *Cough* Can I get some water?

4.20 star(s) 341 Votes