j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I know for me, the Jenny patch getting pushed back after the patreon mess soured the roxy update. Not trashing that update. It was well done, I was just hyped about Jenny.
I'm pretty sure DC simply hadn't decided at that point how he wants to move on with those new patreon rules. His first impulse was to stop everything incest related and create other content until he finds an alternative to patreon. As there's really no viable alternative available he went back to his old plans and went along with those changes.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
In the end he changes his mind about those things over time. About a year ago for example he was talking about hiring an assistant who would then cut and adapt those old sprites for a potential new rig system. Now he decided to redraw and actually improve those characters himself. That's of course a nice improvement for the game's quality but a substancial loss of time.
Substancial loss of time in SS's development = more cash in his pocket without releasing any update. Easy and simple.

Beatrix Kiddo

Donor
Aug 25, 2016
Substancial loss of time in SS's development = more cash in his pocket without releasing any update. Easy and simple.
I really don't understand the logic behind this specific argument. This isn't a temporary occupation that needs to be stalled to get to live out of it for longer. This is his only an actual job right now, he has made his own firm, Kompas Productions, and he already has a new game planned for after SS. This is a live long occupation plan, not some side money grabbing project like many other games.

Last edited:

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
No shit :O Going to have to start hanging around in the streams more, only caught two so far and both were quick visits. :)
I do like that DC is very interactive with his patrons though, a lot of devs interact with their patrons but can't think of any who'll do it on a level like DC. :) That being said, SS is only my second game that I've become a patron to, so can't claim much direct experience with many other devs. :p
Everyone learns at different times so you'll see resistance to that as you enter more communities.

Still, the bottleneck of this project is the fact that DC doesn't have anyone artist to do his style of art, very distinctive from others and we're experiencing a VN game in essence being done in real time. What Japan does in a few years and with a team, DC is doing by building from the community itself which has its own history and failures.

We'll just have to see how this goes. Will No Nut November continue?

Find out next time on Summertime Z---

Wait, wrong outro...

Mjaiil

Jul 12, 2018
Edition of console,doesn't work anymore
Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "renpy/common/00console.rpy", line 108: invalid syntax
    config.console = True    config.console_history_size = 100
                                   ^

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Thu Nov 22 17:14:56 2018

Jun 14, 2018
Let's all take a second to breAthE and cAlm DowN.

Take five nice deep breaths. Count them, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. This is nice. This is easy.

Go pet your cat or dog or anime pillow.

Sit down with a glass of warm milk.

Ignore the irritation of online arguments.

Ignore your computer for a moment.

Ignore the cum spilling out of your ears from being backed up waiting for this update.

Mmm, this is nice.

Instead of refreshing this page, we have refreshed our souls.

What a delight.

saya

Apr 24, 2017
it was 99 % on patreon now it is 98 % how come ?? at first the progres in 1 % each day usualy it stops on weekend but now there is no progres for a week and more than that 1 % less today

Reactions: BoykaBoykov

grimsaint

Aug 7, 2016

Take five nice deep breaths. Count them, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. This is nice. This is easy.

Ignore the cum spilling out of your ears from being backed up waiting for this update.

Mmm, this is nice.

What a delight.

if cum is spilling out of your ears please see a doctor or a school teacher you might not know where your ears are

Last edited:

JKH18

Jan 16, 2018

Mmm, this is nice.

What a delight.
Gotta say. I'm sorry for the friction in the thread, what little I've contributed to it. :)

I've only got two pet dogs, and they are a male APBT and a female Amstaff, female being in heat, so no petting really.

I've sat down with a proper drink though, and still can't ignore my computer because my computer is mainly my income :p

And I'm an eqalitarian to the core, so will defend good wholesome familyprojects like SS ;)

Reactions: TheDevian

Erudito

Mar 10, 2018
well buddy I am doing this for a long time and I usually try to avoid conversations like this but I have few hours free time so let's chat and have a friendly argue a bit shall we ? :)

it really does not matter how long you are working per day but what matters is that how much impact and progress you are making .

one day at work we were at lunch break time and we were chatting about stuff and I told my art artists that I really like someone draw a picture of me and one of my drawing artists drew my sketch in 3.5 min and colored it the entire process of making my ugly face and body for her was around 15 min

I am not really checking his stream or anything but when you see the outcome which is usually 1 hour play time and comparing to the time that he was making it you can estimated it

dc can make art in a day or an hour or in 10 min but at the end when I see the game and amount of content I can tell you how many hours he works (how do you say it English is not my main language sorry for miss spelling and grammars issues ) positively

right now it is around 2 hours for me per a day , I am surfing on this site for quite some time to see what people like and what they don't and see if I can bring some ideas to our games or even hire few good people to work with but as I said DC game is good but somehow in my mind and logic the amount of time that he puts on updates and contents are somehow not matching :)
wot :v

kneel

Apr 12, 2018
Goddamnit, I'm losing my mind! I'm constantly checking the website for updates. I need to turn off my internet

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
This is one of the reasons, I play other games instead of hyperfocusing on one when it's time for completion.

No Nut November and getting blue balled right at the finish line can really do something to you and your perception of events....

4.00 star(s) 359 Votes