U

User_71462

It's hard to change ur thought if u really dont want to understand but just complain. After ur first post, ur cmt was repeatedly nonsense. As what u said recently, I can conclude that u have no idea about how renpy and coding work. And of course U said u have a patreon account but that doesnt prove u re supporting him.
Your right, I don't have a clue about coding; and the last I checked, I never claimed to either. The only work I've ever done on a game is as a writer, which still gives me more insider info than what you have. You clearly haven't read my last few post either. Please don't take a hint of what I said and misquote the heck out of it. When you do that, your not helping anyone or anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
U

User_71462

Too bad, the updates NEED to be done. Not only it is making the game faster, smoother, and more stable, but it is reducing the size and speed of the save files by about 90%. So, deal with it, that is the thing about a WiP, sometimes real work has to be done. It can't all be fun and games.
No one is disputing that fact, but thank you for the "candid" commentary. My original post was more about getting caught up in a spiral of trying to "improve" the art to the detriment of the game. It kind of got lost in all the noise. Not to mention, you can make it all about fun and games no matter how terrible the situation gets. You just need to live a little longer, and you'll get it one of these days.

Last edited by a moderator:

ssj4kakarott

Jun 1, 2018
How much has it expanded in the last 6 months? Because when I played it last, it wasn't anywhere near the size of SS.
its always being updated and at faster rate then SS too, granted they are small updates but they do add up though, its getting to be as big if not bigger then SS, and holy shit the cookie jar system is way better too. multiple different way to go about them, you can ask the npc's for more sex after the first sex act and get different dialog, or you can dream and revisit the whole entire original story sequence over again, or you can just go to the gallery and just see the still frames if that's all you want, it so quick and to the point too

Reactions: obiwan

ssj4kakarott

Jun 1, 2018
how to unlock these scenes?

use this mod and only use the non-insect patch version (incest version doesn't work), with this you can force all the cookie jar scenes open in v0.17, after you install it the mod should give conformation of working before the main menu, then go in to the attic and click on the rooster painting and select to open all scenes. this how i got to see the mom aunt threesome scene, as my game keep braking so i gave up trying to play it and just used the mod.

Last edited:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
i just really hope it doesn't take the year or 2 others are saying to make this game fully stable, by then people will probably have moved on unfortunately, i really don't think i can take 5-6 more updates being forced to replay endlessly with these game braking bugs, and like i said before it wasn't just this update, its been the last 3-4 for me, just finally decided to say something about it
Most of the bugs are usually fixed in the bug fix version, usually only takes about a week. Other than occasionally the stat grinding, or something the mom/sis route (which will be split up in the next update), you don't have to replay much of anything, I don't get why people keep saying that, but you don't. This one being the exception, because to get all of the scenes you need Debbie's route done, but you normally just need to do the new stuff.
No one is disputing that fact, but thank you for the "candid" commentary. My original post was more about getting caught up in a spiral of trying to "improve" the art to the detriment of the game. It kind of got lost in all the noise. Not to mention, you can make it all about fun and games no matter how terrible the situation gets. You just need to live a little longer, and you'll get it one of these days.
Well, the 'improved art' is almost done, and it had to be done to make it compatible with the new 'rigging' system, which makes everything more fluid, smooth, and compact. It works better, it looks better, and it takes less space for the game's size.
0.17.1 hotfix: how long we wait for this hope not as long as the game
Usually about a week or so. Should not be long.

FreelancerFL

Jul 23, 2017
games so broken i gave up playing it for now, maybe the hotfix update will fix somethings

funny how patrons are complaining the least to so they don't feel stupid giving DC $56k a month, patrons praising a bug ridden game seems to me your just trying to justify your investment.

I canceled my patron status months ago because of that exact issue. Honestly with how long they take to put out updates they could at least put out a more polished game version.

U

User_71462

Well, the 'improved art' is almost done, and it had to be done to make it compatible with the new 'rigging' system, which makes everything more fluid, smooth, and compact. It works better, it looks better, and it takes less space for the game's size.
I liked the old art better, but that's a matter of taste I suppose. Plus its pretty easy to reformat a JPEG, and I suck at coding. Just ask rongngoc123, but in all seriousness I do see where your coming from. It shows a lot of forethought on DC's part. I'm just worried, because trying to fix what isn't broken has been the death of many a good game. Heck, I know of two example, that were equally as popular as DC is right now, just off the top of my head. I watched them die, and I just don't want a repeat here.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I liked the old art better, but that's a matter of taste I suppose. Plus its pretty easy to reformat a JPEG, and I suck at coding. Just ask rongngoc123, but in all seriousness I do see where your coming from. It shows a lot of forethought on DC's part. I'm just worried, because trying to fix what isn't broken has been the death of many a good game. Heck, I know of two example, that were equally as popular as DC is right now, just off the top of my head. I watched them die, and I just don't want a repeat here.
I prefer it smoother, the lines on the cheeks always makes everyone look older than they should be, but that's me. I respect those of you who preferred the older ones, there were elements I liked better on some of the old ones too.

The problem is that this game started as a way for him, an artist, to learn Python. This was never intended to be an actual game, that is why it is 6x4, rather than 9x6, why it's got so many issues in some ways, and so on. But once it became popular, it was too late to change some of it, but he started hiring people to do the other things, like fixing his broken code, and focused on the art alone, and now he is contracting an animator as well. A lot of those old problems are still there, and take band-aids to keep them working until everything has caught up to the new system.

In this case they are fixing things that are very broken. When I started playing this game, by the time I was near the end of what there was, a save took like 30 to do, and were about 4-5meg, now they are pretty fast, and take up about half a meg each. That alone ought to tell you how much more efficient things are.

I wish they would just say screw it and do the Erik update and get it over with once Jenny is done (or Eve), but as they say, wish in this hand, and shit in the other one and see which one fills up first... :confused:

U

User_71462

I prefer it smoother, the lines on the cheeks always makes everyone look older than they should be, but that's me. I respect those of you who preferred the older ones, there were elements I liked better on some of the old ones too.

The problem is that this game started as a way for him, an artist, to learn Python. This was never intended to be an actual game, that is why it is 6x4, rather than 9x6, why it's got so many issues in some ways, and so on. But once it became popular, it was too late to change some of it, but he started hiring people to do the other things, like fixing his broken code, and focused on the art alone, and now he is contracting an animator as well. A lot of those old problems are still there, and take band-aids to keep them working until everything has caught up to the new system.

In this case they are fixing things that are very broken. When I started playing this game, by the time I was near the end of what there was, a save took like 30 to do, and were about 4-5meg, now they are pretty fast, and take up about half a meg each. That alone ought to tell you how much more efficient things are.

I wish they would just say screw it and do the Erik update and get it over with once Jenny is done (or Eve), but as they say, wish in this hand, and shit in the other one and see which one fills up first... :confused:
Hahahaha! So true. You see, I didn't know he had those kinds of aspirations towards coding. I just knew from games like UrbanXLife and Breeding Seasons that getting overly worried about the past updates is a quick way to kill the whole show. There are a few more modern ones I could name as well, but I'll stick with these two examples, because they are pretty much dead in the water - don't want to cast shade if I can help it. So I'm guessing your saying its a resolution issue? If that's the case, it makes since as to why he's getting rid of all the extra lines and smoothing everything out. I can stomach it if that's the case. I can't help it though, I like curves and different shapes in women. I'm a lover of all female forms, and that's what I loved the most about the old art. I don't mind a chick who isn't smoking hot. Nor do need one who is, not that the less attractive ones are any less needy. LOL! I feel the same way about the art I prefer.

ssj4kakarott

Jun 1, 2018
I can't help it though, I like curves and different shapes in women. I'm a lover of all female forms, and that's what I loved the most about the old art. I don't mind a chick who isn't smoking hot. Nor do need one who is, not that the less attractive ones are any less needy. LOL! I feel the same way about the art I prefer.
been trying to sayin the exact same thing with the Attractive Characters Mod, i'm not a big fan of it. i like all the face lines it gives the npc's personality and character and makes them more human and relatable.

Reactions: User_71462

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Hahahaha! So true. You see, I didn't know he had those kinds of aspirations towards coding. I just knew from games like UrbanXLife and Breeding Seasons that getting overly worried about the past updates is a quick way to kill the whole show. There are a few more modern ones I could name as well, but I'll stick with these two examples, because they are pretty much dead in the water - don't want to cast shade if I can help it. So I'm guessing your saying its a resolution issue? If that's the case, it makes since as to why he's getting rid of all the extra lines and smoothing everything out. I can stomach it if that's the case. I can't help it though, I like curves and different shapes in women. I'm a lover of all female forms, and that's what I loved the most about the old art. I don't mind a chick who isn't smoking hot. Nor do need one who is, not that the less attractive ones are any less needy. LOL! I feel the same way about the art I prefer.
The resolution is stuck as it is, or we really would be waiting on him to redo nothing but art (mostly backgrounds), so that's staying. In theory, Jenny and Mrs. Johnson are the last two holdouts on the old code, maybe a bit left with mom, but hers might be mostly done already other than some of the art and the pregnancy parts.
The art needed to be redone because of the new way he is animating everything, and working the sprites. It is now being moved over to what they are calling a 'rigging' system, I don't know all the details, not much of a coder either, but it makes things work better, and easier.

Don't worry, there will still be all sizes, shapes, and colors in this game, that won't change. He is just smoothing out the lines and trying to make them look more 'realistic' in a way, for example, the way Diane's breasts lay when she is on her back.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

U

User_71462

The resolution is stuck as it is, or we really would be waiting on him to redo nothing but art (mostly backgrounds), so that's staying. In theory, Jenny and Mrs. Johnson are the last two holdouts on the old code, maybe a bit left with mom, but hers might be mostly done already other than some of the art and the pregnancy parts.
The art needed to be redone because of the new way he is animating everything, and working the sprites. It is now being moved over to what they are calling a 'rigging' system, I don't know all the details, not much of a coder either, but it makes things work better, and easier.

Don't worry, there will still be all sizes, shapes, and colors in this game, that won't change. He is just smoothing out the lines and trying to make them look more 'realistic' in a way, for example, the way Diane's breasts lay when she is on her back.
I am a big fan of realism. :unsure: I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

4.00 star(s) 358 Votes