Viressa

May 24, 2018
I REALLY,REALLY like this game but i most say that the period between the updates is absolutely ridicoulus,lately up to even 3 months and even after all of the waiting,very little,i repeat very little new content for the time taken to deliver...
It's what happens when you're redoing all the assets and scripting in an entire fleshed-out game.

Poringu

Feb 17, 2019
Hello, I have a serious problem with the game. Hope this is the place to ask for help.

Today after many hours of playing the game (just barely past threesome), I encountered a serious bug. I went to sleep, and then the scene with the thief sneaking into neighbour's house played out. My character automatically went outside and I opened the map by accident. I couldn't travel anywhere besides my own home, and I think that stopped me from going to the neighbour's house (It was too late at night to go anywhere). I felt like I missed the whole scenario, and I was waiting for the thief to show up ever since I read the newspaper at the beggining of the game. I decided to restart the game and load up a save I made just before the thief showed up. It didn't work. Every save I made until this point now takes me to the fountain at night. I seem to have the same amount of money in each save, so I'm pretty sure it's the same one. Even though on the main screen they all have proper time and icons. Some events seemed to move back in time. (I caught Erik breastfeeding again)

I'm very confused. Will I get another chance to catch the thief? Are my saves corrupted? Is there any fix for this?

To be clear, I have the most recent version of the game. (SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc)

Genji

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2017
Hello, I have a serious problem with the game. Hope this is the place to ask for help.

Today after many hours of playing the game (just barely past threesome), I encountered a serious bug. I went to sleep, and then the scene with the thief sneaking into neighbour's house played out. My character automatically went outside and I opened the map by accident. I couldn't travel anywhere besides my own home, and I think that stopped me from going to the neighbour's house (It was too late at night to go anywhere). I felt like I missed the whole scenario, and I was waiting for the thief to show up ever since I read the newspaper at the beggining of the game. I decided to restart the game and load up a save I made just before the thief showed up. It didn't work. Every save I made until this point now takes me to the fountain at night. I seem to have the same amount of money in each save, so I'm pretty sure it's the same one. Even though on the main screen they all have proper time and icons. Some events seemed to move back in time. (I caught Erik breastfeeding again)

I'm very confused. Will I get another chance to catch the thief? Are my saves corrupted? Is there any fix for this?

To be clear, I have the most recent version of the game. (SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc)
restart again and delete the current save

Poringu

Feb 17, 2019
restart again and delete the current save
It doesn't seem to work. I deleted the save both in the game and from the game/saves folder, but other saves were still 'corrupted'. I even deleted the entire saves folder, but those saves are still visible in the game and they still 'work'. I'm very confused about how this works.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
It doesn't seem to work. I deleted the save both in the game and from the game/saves folder, but other saves were still 'corrupted'. I even deleted the entire saves folder, but those saves are still visible in the game and they still 'work'. I'm very confused about how this works.
I guess you played Diane's story and looked at the mysterious statue in your backpack? That part is still bugged and makes every save made after that rolling back to the day you looked at the statue. Only solution is to load an older save and to never look at the statue.

My mod fixes that bug, but the saves that are already corrupted will not work anyway and stay corrupted. But you can look at the statue now.

Reactions: Cgt35 and Poringu

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Progress of 0.18 at 65%, roughly 2/3. At this pace, 0.20 will released at December...
I'd guess that's broadly accurate, though they are somewhat on schedule. They started working on 0.18 at the start of january and given that it was always going to be 3 to 4 months we may expect the next update somewhere in early april. Then DC possibly wants to add 0.18.5 for MC's art which would take ~another month, add ~3,5 months for 0.19 (~ mid august) and another 3,5 months and december/christmas sounds reasonable. That said, DC said that he's got quite a bit of secret content prepaired (still that succubus?) so I guess we may indeed see a real secret halloween update this year... who knows.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
I'd guess that's broadly accurate optimistic, though they are somewhat on their real schedule. They started working on 0.18 at the start of january in early december (DC started working on 0.18 ART in early december) and given that it was always going to be 3 to 4 months since 2018 (it was 1-2 months in the first 2 years of development) we may expect the next update somewhere in early late april/early may. Then DC possibly wants to add 0.18.5 for MC's art which would take ~another month 3 months, add ~3,5 months for 0.19 (~ mid august november) and another 3,5 months and december/christmas Easter 2020 sounds reasonable. That said, DC said that he's got quite a bit of secret content prepaired (still that succubus?) so I guess we may indeed see a real secret halloween update this year... who knows.
Closer to the truth, now. Definitely.

Genji

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2017
Well,never mind that,at least my favourite girl,Mia is a virgin..dun worry mia i will be your man:love:

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
(DC started working on 0.18 ART in early december)
Not really, yes he did some work on stream and they did some groundwork but he was mainly working on daisy's update. The real work started in january.

Else it's pretty certain that the updates will become a little bit quicker again, once everybody is on the rig system.

When it comes to the number of updates, DC could easily realease 7 or 8 updates a year and nothing would change. Split the teacher's update in 4 (1 monthly update for each teacher), split Crystal's content and the threesome from Roxxy and there we are back the to 8 updates, though nothing would have changed contentwise. I personally don't see that the work which has gone into the updates has decreased and I haven't seen any reasonable arguments for it.

(it was 1-2 months in the first 2 years of development)
Yes, because most updates in those 1,5 years were not as good compared to what we get now and DC did indeed likely care more about realeasing updates than about a good quality standard (as one probably should while growing a base). The shading for the most part was really bad, I mean, just look at the old and for example. Do you really want that back? I don't. Just as I don't want stories like Jenny's back where you'll basically repeat the same quest 3 times and all DC has to do is change the toy MC holds in his hands. Yes, that's very fast to do but in the end it's boring. Compare that to Diane's new delivery quests, where each has a small, individual story on different locations. I'm happy that this old quest design is gone now. Same goes for the animations. I don't want those old, fast, 2 frame animations back, do you? So if we may agree that the content gets better, we may also agree that producing that better content will broadly take more time.

Poringu

Feb 17, 2019
I guess you played Diane's story and looked at the mysterious statue in your backpack? That part is still bugged and makes every save made after that rolling back to the day you looked at the statue. Only solution is to load an older save and to never look at the statue.

My mod fixes that bug, but the saves that are already corrupted will not work anyway and stay corrupted. But you can look at the statue now.
Thank you for helping me, I guess I have no choice but to replay some of it.

4.10 star(s) 357 Votes