polom

Sep 14, 2017
I don't know why but seen this post remind me of an video I saw long time ago :

The guy is explaining how to do abriged series. At the end of the video (the sequence I choose in the link), he explain that after getting to celebrity, it's "time to get lazy" because the abridger won't be able to fullfill expectation.

The context here is different in many way (DC is paid and the Abridger isn't, the amount of work isn't the same, ...) but the sociale climate remind me of the one surround this abrigder ...

Reactions: BoykaBoykov

2xjj

Aug 5, 2016
I don't know why but seen this post remind me of an video I saw long time ago :

The guy is explaining how to do abriged series. At the end of the video (the sequence I choose in the link), he explain that after getting to celebrity, it's "time to get lazy" because the abridger won't be able to fullfill expectation.

The context here is different in many way (DC is paid and the Abridger isn't, the amount of work isn't the same, ...) but the sociale climate remind me of the one surround this abrigder ...
Please don’t me you think LK is being serious in this video.

Reactions: polom

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
Then you should maybe take some time to think it through?
If he had the best coders and they'd finish the day he'd finish the art, all you'd ever save are those 3 weeks. Once. After that we'd be on this same schedule again.

And I kind of refuse to believe that some people can go this nuts about 2 to 3 weeks.
when your nuts swell enough,even your brain has difficult to make his voice being heard....

zeppelin

Aug 21, 2017
Then you should maybe take some time to think it through?
If he had the best coders and they'd finish the day he'd finish the art, all you'd ever save are those 3 weeks. Once. After that we'd be on this same schedule again.

And I kind of refuse to believe that some people can go this nuts about 2 to 3 weeks.
Yes, he'd shave off 3 weeks out of his 5 months cycle. That's pretty good to me.

PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017
It still doesn't make sense to me why they do not use place holders for the pictures and animations to use for coding and bug fixing. This project clearly needs better management and some kind of deadlines. Imo people need a little bit of pressure to work constantly and effeciently.
I'm not sure the reasoning, but there is a post by Dogeek somewhere on Reddit saying they can't use place holders.

But art is never the bottleneck. Every release has the art being finished weeks before everything else.
The art is gets done, then they have to wait for the animations to be completed. This is probably my biggest issue with DC, he seems to leave the animation art until the end, then they are at the mercy of the animator. Not sure why he isn't working on the animation art at the beginning of the development cycle for each release.

exirock

Game Developer
May 4, 2018
so it seems that the art for 18.5 is not completed has DC stated on stream so the update 18.5 it will take more then 3 weeks and the 0.18 still is not ready to be release has the bugs keep increasing and the writing and code stopped due to bugs. So most likely dont except the update this week.

polom

Sep 14, 2017
Please don’t me you think LK is being serious in this video.
He were serious : his release were sometime more than 6 month (to let inspiration coming, because he were busy, ...)
It around this period he finally accept concurrences from other abridger (from what I heard)

Reactions: BoykaBoykov

2xjj

Aug 5, 2016
so it seems that the art for 18.5 is not completed has DC stated on stream so the update 18.5 it will take more then 3 weeks and the 0.18 still is not ready to be release has the bugs keep increasing and the writing and code stopped due to bugs. So most likely dont except the update this week.
The writing and coding are done all that is left is bug fixes.

Reactions: Laziness

PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017
Given the number of bugs left, I wouldn't be surprised to see it out tomorrow.

Reactions: polom
4.10 star(s) 357 Votes