jaques

Aug 11, 2016
They got the last scenes from the animator just before the weekend, and are now doing the last round of bugfixing. They fixed a lot of bugs over the weekend.

• Haha
Reactions: Gouki911

rockd

Jul 31, 2017
They got the last scenes from the animator just before the weekend, and are now doing the last round of bugfixing. They fixed a lot of bugs over the weekend.
It still doesn't make sense to me why they do not use place holders for the pictures and animations to use for coding and bug fixing. This project clearly needs better management and some kind of deadlines. Imo people need a little bit of pressure to work constantly and efficiently.

JKH18

Jan 16, 2018
Gotta love it, ppl staring at the damn progress bar like an install bar ffs. :D To everyone losing their shit, pulling patronage, or generally moaning: Go outside, get a girlfriend, or just strap on a pair and deal with the fact that things take time sometimes. :D

wizu

May 20, 2018
It still doesn't make sense to me why they do not use place holders for the pictures and animations to use for coding and bug fixing. This project clearly needs better management and some kind of deadlines. Imo people need a little bit of pressure to work constantly and effeciently.
The idea for next Patreon goal? When we hit $100k we'll hire a manager.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
It still doesn't make sense to me why they do not use place holders for the pictures and animations to use for coding and bug fixing. This project clearly needs better management and some kind of deadlines. Imo people need a little bit of pressure to work constantly and effeciently.
I'd say their point is that it doesn't matter when it comes to the overall schedule. DC isn't really involved in coding, posing etc. and as long as DC needs, let's say, 4 to 5 years to draw the art for the game, it doesn't really matter what happens in the meantime - the game will need 4 to 5 years to be finished. So in some way working with placeholders, optimising animation schedules, hiring more coding staff etc. are comfort features which do not really benefit the development of the game as a whole (at all) but are solely there to appease impatient players. So it would indeed look better if they'd optimize their pre release schedule but that's about all that would change. The question remains, if it's worth spending money on that. After all, we won't get the finished game earlier...

zeppelin

Aug 21, 2017
Go outside, get a girlfriend, or just strap on a pair
If people did that then DC would lose all patrons. Lmao!

I'd say their point is that it doesn't matter when it comes to the overall schedule. DC isn't really involved in coding, posing etc. and as long as DC needs, let's say, 4 to 5 years to draw the art for the game, it doesn't really matter what happens in the meantime - the game will need 4 to 5 years to be finished. So in some way working with placeholders, optimising animation schedules, hiring more coding staff etc. are comfort features which do not really benefit the development of the game as a whole (at all) but are solely there to appease impatient players. So it would indeed look better if they'd optimize their pre release schedule but that's about all that would change. The question remains, if it's worth spending money on that. After all, we won't get the finished game earlier...
But art is never the bottleneck. Every release has the art being finished weeks before everything else.

Reactions: polom

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
But art is never the bottleneck. Every release has the art being finished weeks before everything else.
That's only if you look at it update by update. If you look at the overall schedule, art is the absolute bottleneck. He can hire more coders, posers, animators, managers etc. but they'll obviously can't release an update faster than DC is able to produce the art. It's important to see that DC is working, all the time. Right now the art for 18.5 is already done and he's working on 0.19. So it's not like "we" are losing anything by animations/coding/posing/bugfixing lasting some weeks more. All of that doesn't change the big schedule one bit.

Some people seem to assume that he's doing nothing in those weeks between finishing the art and the release of that update...

zeppelin

Aug 21, 2017
That's only if you look at it update by update. If you look at the overall schedule, art is the absolute bottleneck.
I have no fucking clue what you mean by this. He works faster than his programmers is my point. I mean, fucking hell, he usually works on the next update halfway through the current update and still gets shit done faster like 3 weeks before his imbecile coders manage to set up his Ren'py VN.

Reactions: doshirak228

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I have no fucking clue what you mean by this. He works faster than his programmers is my point. I mean, fucking hell, he usually works on the next update halfway through the current update and still gets shit done faster like 3 weeks before his imbecile coders manage to set up his Ren'py VN.
Then you should maybe take some time to think it through?
If he had the best coders and they'd finish the day he'd finish the art, all you'd ever save are those 3 weeks. Once. After that we'd be on this same schedule again.

And I kind of refuse to believe that some people can go this nuts about 2 to 3 weeks.

f95zone

Jul 27, 2017
Whats the point of releasing now and then add more jenny scenes in 18.5 shortly after? Double the work that comes with a software release.

Reactions: BoykaBoykov

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Whats the point of releasing now and then add more jenny scenes in 18.5 shortly after? Double the work that comes with a software release.
Well, imagine what would happen if DC would delay the update by another 2 to 3 weeks to include those scenes into 0.18. It wouldn't be pretty. I'd say that's the only reason why we'll get two updates instead of one.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes