Sceyro

Sep 21, 2016
why does he owe them anything are you that dense? they have basically paid for him to develop the damn game.. try pulling your head out of where you sit. my comment wasnt intended to stir the asshole quotient out of you but i guess it happened anyway
They aren't paying him, they're donating to his project. To be a patron is to sponsor a project; to be a patron does not mean to be: a client; an employer; a creditor. Everyone already told you that everyone gets the game at the same time. If you can't answer a simple question without behaving like a spoiled brat I advise you from refraining to post anything else. This is my final post to you. Farewell.

Slicks

Aug 15, 2017
will be ready tomorrow? and the wait 3 days more for the bugs that always are a bunch in every release of this game

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
Lets stop the arguments and name calling.

TLDR:
0.13 will not be released tonight.
DC is away for a few days, but that won't delay the release if it's ready before he gets back.
Once 0.13 is released, everyone gets it at the same time, both patrons and the public.

Darkaura

Jun 24, 2017
I sure hope they do a few play-throughs of both cheat mode and normal, before the full release, instead of the 12.5 debacle. The excessively grindy Panty-quest, and it's excessively convoluted code, tied to both STR and DEX, will almost certainly be broken, in a game-breaking way, requiring an additional download and breaking all saves, otherwise.

jaques

Aug 11, 2016
I sure hope they do a few play-throughs of both cheat mode and normal, before the full release, instead of the 12.5 debacle. The excessively grindy Panty-quest, and it's excessively convoluted code, tied to both STR and DEX, will almost certainly be broken, in a game-breaking way, requiring an additional download and breaking all saves, otherwise.
Well, it is still in alpha stage, so the players are the extended testers. Panty-quest isn't grindy at all, the code is expected to become more complex as the game grows, stats-based quests and triggers are to be expected (what else would they be used for?). As for the additional download, wait until the "final" of that release is made available. Saves are not broken, per se, but hardcoded to be tied to a particular version to prevent broken saves as triggers, storylines and variables change and moveabout. While this thread nowadays consists of asking the same questions every. single. page. It used to be about whining about broken saves.

Darkaura

Jun 24, 2017
Panty-quest isn't grindy at all
I can finish All Mom and Aunt content in half the time. It's a shit-show of triggers and repeatedly having to hit TV, Shower peep, sleep-creep, and kitchen every day, looking blindly for the next trigger. You have to MAX STR and DEX, prollly CHA too, but that is easy to knock out by week 2. It's a fucking chore. Plus, it's still possible to break Panty Quest, if you do certain actions, out of order. One hopes that the new release does not require having to complete it, to get to the new content in 13, but if there are checks on STR or DEX you kind of have to. Bad code, bad game design, bad dependencies, and bad programming that will lead to future bugs with all new releases. I guarantee it.

And the 12.5 PC, with the Broken STR key mashing, and broken cheat mode, was unplayable showed that NO ONE had done a playthrough on that version prior to release. You know who releases code to test with out doing unit test? A shitty dev.

Reactions: Sceyro

tza

Jun 24, 2017
Btw i dont remember milk-ink auntie , no ideea why ive skipped that

Last edited:

Darkhomb

Jun 10, 2017
It's a shit-show of triggers and repeatedly having to hit TV, Shower peep, sleep-creep, and kitchen every day, looking blindly for the next trigger.
I will agree, I think it took like 2 weeks to finally get the next sister unlock. going to master just says you're not ready yet. Going to sister to ask for panties he just says nothing right now. Should least be some dialog that would help. I though it was stuck/broken.

Sceyro

Sep 21, 2016
You know who releases code to test with out doing unit test? A shitty dev.
He knows that the code team is absolute shit, but he prefers to employ people on a basis of "who am I friendly with" rather than who has merit or skills. This is why this small-time industry has so little investment: no one has professional standards. There's no such thing as a legal or even moral obligation in this situation. You throw money at him hoping he will do his part.

Darkaura

Jun 24, 2017
going to master
Oh, yeah. Good point. I forgot that one. And prior to 12.5, at 12, it would not notify you to peep on web cam, or telescope so you had to hit those too.

If it had not been for the insanely OUTSTANDING final content, I would have dropped my patronage.

You throw money at him hoping he will do his part.
He desperately needs a PjM and a structured, weekly art/pose/dev/test waterfall.

Other dev teams do seem better structured, and able to figure out multi release saves, e.g. DarkSilver, Night City, Vren, MrDots etc.

But his art, the fun humorous story-lines and him scratching my personal itch (CP, X-Ray, Impreg) is worth the grief to me ATM.

Reactions: Sceyro

GoldenGateSon

Jun 24, 2017
He knows that the code team is absolute shit, but he prefers to employ people on a basis of "who am I friendly with" rather than who has merit or skills. This is why this small-time industry has so little investment: no one has professional standards. There's no such thing as a legal or even moral obligation in this situation. You throw money at him hoping he will do his part.
Wow, finally someone who also finally agrees that the dev team (in terms of coding at least) is abysmal. Every time I've brought up the coding bottleneck so far, people throw a hissy fit.

Jed

Feb 28, 2017
To be fair, it's not much of a bottleneck if coding gets finished two days after everything else - it's *always* going to be the last thing to be finished, because you still need some bits and pieces from the other people in order to finish up the coding (yes, you can put in placeholders, but to finish the actual coding task you need to switch the placeholder out with the final requirements and then test to make sure it works).

Also, unless you actually examine how much time on task everyone gets (and how much they can *give*, which isn't always the same), you can't really say what the true bottleneck is. If the coder only actually works for five days out of a release cycle and is available for ten days out of a release cycle, then the coder isn't what's driving the release timing.

Reactions: Darkaura

dunhill

May 3, 2017
Wow, finally someone who also finally agrees that the dev team (in terms of coding at least) is abysmal. Every time I've brought up the coding bottleneck so far, people throw a hissy fit.
i think what people was soo edgy about the update before the current one is that there was no way to know the actual dev progress of the game with each team or job and most people don't understand that some jobs take longer than others.. but the new update bar seems to have people a little more relaxed, well that and people now see that DC is genuinely trying to give it his best and not milk it... :pancakeMix::pancakeMix:

anyways its currently at 97% (90% of code done) so maybe tomorrow or Friday V0.13 will be released... :eazyHype::eazyHype::eazyHype:

4.10 star(s) 357 Votes