frank42

Donor
May 16, 2017
Going into tree house game breaking bug no fix I'll wait on fixes this is by far the worse update yet shame and it took forever. This seems like heavy milking the Patreon's dropped my sub this update
Same here just trap's you in treehouse. will give it a few days for DC to finish cleaning up

Strajder

Nov 26, 2018
Can someone tell me how to enable console, I set the console command to true in console.rpy file but it still wont open ingame??

May 21, 2018
Doesn't really seem practical at all, how many times has stuff been reworked in this game already? Makes way more sense to put endgame content at the end when everything else is finalized.
In a year or two watch him have to rework half this stuff and wonder why adding it now was worthwhile.
True. I think it's both the patreons and the devs fault why the game releases almost useless updates time to time. The main story should have been progressed and then the other characters affected by it gets included. Other games like a mother's love and back to the cabin seems better for me than this update.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
lol it's like fighting windmills! Trust me, every time there is a new update on every game... someone need to complain about the update! :ROFLMAO: I'm used to it by now. Is for that, that i generally ask only if the update is playable or not. DC do always a great work. If some time there is some error, surelly he fix it. Some ppl do not understand that we download for free here. The best thing we can do is just wait, play and help DC or other developer in beta testing thing. So they can create a better game for everyone.

Anyway for me this is a great update, more incest thing, more awesome thing for me. Also the 0.18.5 is great to know :love:
I just hope to see it very soon. Also because i need to wait for the incest patch. So for me... i need to wait a bit longer.
at difference that i dont fight them. i warn them.

i dont have power to fight. but i can report.
if i report alots, that will trigger moderators brain cell of madness, and in return, will make them come here and swipe the whole thing.

i'd never fight like this. its not my job. but nobody want to see a moderator pissed off by a chicken. trust me :p

Reactions: Bahamut Zero

ScottyLQ

Apr 28, 2017
So, in the new cheat mode you start with full stats? Doesn't that mess up the story progression?
I really wish they do away with the skill system at some point... It's just completely redundant and boring. At the VERY LEAST in this update they made it so that skill checks are always passed... Up until recently you still had to train for everything. It used to require like max charisma to get past the stupid shower scene with Roxy and her friends at school... That was terrible. You could race through the Roxy plot without a single charisma point, but to get through that scene you needed to spend god knows how many nights doing the stupid rap battle minigame, which was boring enough WITH the "skip minigame" option...

Not to mention that UNTIL YOU GRINDED ENOUGH, every single time you entered the school you'd get the "I stink I need a shower" cutscene.

ScottyLQ

Apr 28, 2017
i think the key difference between the roxxy update and the jenny update and why the former is more liked is because of character development. roxxy is a bitch at first but she warms up to you falls in love with you. her personality changes a lot during the story. jenny meanwhile starts of as a cunt and at the end she's still a cunt that has sex with you. i don't think every character should have the same arc, if every girl in SS starts of hating you and then falls in love with you that would be boring. but i hope at least for the eve update DC has some fresh ideas for the story and for eve as a character.
I think it's because one update had a good amount of content, and the other didn't.

lobotomist

Sep 4, 2017
im trapped at the treehouse, by a bug that says it cant find the closeup background. Can anybody help?

goodleystan

Sep 2, 2017
Since release, DC has gained 200 patrons and gone from a low of $48k back to $52k. I know it fluctuates - but that seems like a sign of approval from the overall fanbase... So maybe we're crazy... Maybe this is really what his patreons want, and we freeloaders are just ungrateful...

edit: 2 years ago before the patreon purge- this genre was so much better served. Brand new updates from SS, SU, DMD and BB every month - at least one of them being good... Now I wade through the same 4 Daz3D models in seemingly identical games...

booobka987

Jan 8, 2018
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/bedroom/bedroom.rpy", line 187, in <module>
File "game/scripts/core/core.rpy", line 140, in Sleep
File "game/scripts/core/systems/game.rpy", line 129, in sleep
File "game/scripts/core/systems/pregnancy.rpy", line 52, in increment_pregnancy
File "game/scripts/core/systems/pregnancy.rpy", line 78, in _increment_pregnancy
File "game/scripts/core/systems/pregnancy.rpy", line 88, in randomize_gender
TypeError: 'list' object is not callable

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/bedroom/dialogue.rpyc", line 2177, in script call
File "scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/hallway.rpyc", line 62, in script call
File "scripts/locations/map/map.rpyc", line 36, in script call
File "scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/bedroom/bedroom.rpyc", line 187, in script
File "D:\GAMES\Heroes 3 Gold\SummertimeSaga-0-18-0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "D:\GAMES\Heroes 3 Gold\SummertimeSaga-0-18-0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/bedroom/bedroom.rpy", line 187, in <module>
File "game/scripts/core/core.rpy", line 140, in Sleep
File "game/scripts/core/systems/game.rpy", line 129, in sleep
File "game/scripts/core/systems/pregnancy.rpy", line 52, in increment_pregnancy
File "game/scripts/core/systems/pregnancy.rpy", line 78, in _increment_pregnancy
File "game/scripts/core/systems/pregnancy.rpy", line 88, in randomize_gender
TypeError: 'list' object is not callable

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
SummertimeSaga 0.18.0
Fri May 03 02:36:00 2019

HELP!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: flanby

petur

Jul 29, 2017
anybody have cookie jar full save? reposit file?
The cookie jar doesn't have all the new scenes in the game. I keep telling you people every update that you are missing on content but nobody listens. Play the game properly and don't skip rush trough dialogue since some characters have minor erotic scenes that are only a few frames and by skipping fast ahead you will skip them and never see them.

Why is this thread filled with so many toxic trolls using multiple accounts and ignorant people talking about things they don't understand? If you don't like the game go and play something else. Toxic.

D3ssel

Nov 15, 2016
I see the thread is still on fire. Luckily I'm not into goths/emos, but I love pizza MILFs, so I'll see you all when 0.20 is on the way!

Remember boyos: whatever you think of the project's trajectory, it's been on this path for a long time now -- anyone who is a patron today is already okay with the current release schedule, and accepts it as a fact of life. Their minds won't change because of forum fury or because of the same trend (of release gaps increasing) continuing. Nobody will change anyone's mind here or on Patreon because humans are stubborn by nature; don't get too frustrated if the debate here seems to last forever!
Not necessarily true, actually.

I've been a patron for a considerably long time. Before he even had 1k in patronage. Became a mod of his stream when there were 20 peeps max there, usually.

All this time, I always had my patronage on the upper levels (10-20 US$). And now it's the first time ever I'm downgrading that to US$5, and seriously considering going to US$ 1.

I love his work, love his streams, and really think he's a pretty cool guy, but I personally cannot agree with how his project is going nowadays. 0.18 was the last drop for me.

Mind you: It wasn't like that in the beginning. DC would output quite a bit of content constantly.
Ironically, that's when he used to work alone, basically (he did add a coder pretty earlier, but that was it for a long time).

But 0.18? Almost half a year for that amount of content? With all that crew of animators, coders, writers, posers, etc? It feels like the more people he adds to the project, the slower it gets.

You know, I thought something was off when the first Patreon lockup hit him, a few months ago, concerning incest content.

For those that don't remember, incest was among the biggest thing in his project. Whenever he did a poll, anything incest related came first. Always. And he just utterly removed all of it after that episode. There were several other ways of doing it, as several other developers did/do (allow the player to set the relation, make a decent "unofficial" patch... heck even just not objectively saying the relation, but keeping the story so our brains connects the dots would do), but he chose to just completely remove it, and be done with it. "It will all be added back once the game is ready", he said.

Look, I get it. He has a family to take care of, and need the dough. And is just playing as safe as possible when it comes to that. I can understand his point of view. But I don't agree with it. 0.18 really pushed all the wrong buttons for me.

Thankfully, there are a plethora of wonderful new content creators nowadays where that extra US$ 10-15 would make a world of difference. So, although it does somewhat pains me a bit, that money will go their way for the time being.

I just can't justify to myself anymore that this project is going as I wish it were, nor as it used to be in the past.

But, who knows? Maybe 0.19 is the turning point? Sure wish so... Oh well...

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes