srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
HairyLobster defender of Nergal's Pest & hater of free speech.

Stop following me dude, it becomes scary.

Monitoring every step that critics make like Communist China, Xi Jinping would be proud of you.
That from one who makes out-of-place Nazi comparisons and finds it "ironic"...

Reactions: Sync

cimibibapa2

Dec 15, 2018
That from one who makes out-of-place Nazi comparisons and finds it "ironic"...
You missed the context

Someone made a statement "If you don't support someone, you aren't able to critisice"
And i made a reply to that comment using hitler as an example like
"Are people that didn't support hitler allowed to critisize his actions ?"

This attitude: "Only able to critisice, if you support"
doesn't make any sense.
Especially on a pirate site.

For example people that didn't buy battlefield,
are they allowed to point out the flaws of the new battlefield & complain about EA ?

I would say, they have the possibility to do so.

Btw.
You made good work with your mods.

Last edited:

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I guess the problem is more that the vast majority doesn't actually criticize the actual content or the updates themselves. Most complain that DC makes too much money or that the updates takes too long, which, let's face it, doesn't really matter for the game itself.

I mean, there's a lot of things to criticize, like for example that the whole pregnancy thing isn't focussed enough and that he should have chosen 2 or 3 characters and really elaborate on their pregnancies, or that some minigames are still really annoying (strenght training), make little sense (milking) or are still somewhat bugged (pizza delivery). Next to that there's certainly quite a bit to argue about the way DC introduces choices into the game. I for example still hope that he'll keep Mia's and Erik's as they are and does more of those in the future, even though he said he likely wouldn't.

I'd say that's actual stuff to talk about, but this talk about money and update speed is beyond useless, given that it's been like this for more than 1.5 years by now and that it won't change.

cimibibapa2

Dec 15, 2018
You are right that with every relevant release the pledged amount rose, sometimes even dramatically:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But the amount of time between updates doesn't seem to influence that fact in a negative way. Considering the high jumps between 0.15, 0.16 and 0.17, the long wait seems to be better. I'd like to wait for 0.19 before judging the rather small increases between 0.17.0 and the most recent 0.18.6 because I think people are rather tired of replaying existing content (even with the expansions to their stories). If there is no jump I'd conclude that he reached the maximum people are willing to give him.

Also, don't forget that DarkCookie asked his Patrons if they wanted quicker & smaller or slower & bigger updates, and they chose the later. Everybody will agree that they are the ones DarkCookie has to please.

I completely understand people that want monthly updates comparable in qualitiy and quantity with, for example, Roxxy's or the teacher's. But I also understand that's not possible with how things are. And I am fine with that.
Why? Because I want DarkCookie to continue to make a game that I would want to play. I have seen enough Patreon funded games where the makers burnt out and just stopped and we now have unfinished games that never reached their full potential. So if my 10$/month help him and his team to work in a way that suits them and keeps the quality on a level I am satisfied with, then that is fine. If I become dissatisfied with it, I'll stop paying. And probably still play the new version as soon as it comes out.

You're post makes Sense.

You're right devs had burn outs creating games.
(Some of them lied like gumdrop, nergal, wootch etc, but DC isn't one of the bad devs he is the most transparent.)

My proposition isn't dc need to work more or harder but hire more artists to speed up development.

But i think j4yj4m train of thought is logic :
"DC simply doesn't want to grow his project at any cost"
This makes sense to me, devs are different some are eager to finish games in a short time frame and others are easy going.

All in all both of you made valid points.
You have responded to my proposal with reason...
And didn't reply with bs like "Can't critisice, if you don't support"

Im scared that i will be 30 when this game is finally finished....

We need to move to another planet, would be easier to wait over there:
iwx68ehtb.png

Last edited:

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
Nergal shouldn't be put in the same category as Wootch by any stretch of the imagination. N-dawg did well in completing two games, showing how to work with multiple artists, and keeping a track record of progress for what he did until he broke down. Wootch just had an idea, got some money and ran it into the ground as a predecessor before the Sim folks broke down and the adult niche market got more wild.

Still, hiring more artists comes with its own hurdles. DC has stated how if he did, he'd notice the inconsistencies with his own style and would be upset about having to redo the work. You also have a conflict with an artist not working on their own projects. With the time to "learn" DC's style and the cost of working for him, it's not viable for either party to do so.

Now in regards to not seeing the game till you're 30?

Bruh... Try being stuck in a frozen time capsule for a few millenials and having to fap to this thing called the internet... It took a while for me to wrap my head around the concept.

cimibibapa2

Dec 15, 2018
Nergal shouldn't be put in the same category as Wootch by any stretch of the imagination. N-dawg did well in completing two games, showing how to work with multiple artists, and keeping a track record of progress for what he did until he broke down. Wootch just had an idea, got some money and ran it into the ground as a predecessor before the Sim folks broke down and the adult niche market got more wild.

Still, hiring more artists comes with its own hurdles. DC has stated how if he did, he'd notice the inconsistencies with his own style and would be upset about having to redo the work. You also have a conflict with an artist not working on their own projects. With the time to "learn" DC's style and the cost of working for him, it's not viable for either party to do so.

Now in regards to not seeing the game till you're 30?

Bruh... Try being stuck in a frozen time capsule for a few millenials and having to fap to this thing called the internet... It took a while for me to wrap my head around the concept.

Maybe we need invest money for cloning dc than we will get finished product in 1 year ^^

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Necronlord2
4.10 star(s) 355 Votes