godman59

Nov 25, 2017
I just got a nice gamebreaking bug where I can't make a pinacolada for Diane. It just randomly makes wrong drink. Funny, beacuse I had to reload the save where I was able to make the drink, but now its not posssible. Sheesh

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Can someone explain why people say that dc will finish at the start of May to wait for cash?

I thought whether dc finish it today, the start of May, or even 2 months down the road, DC will still get paid.
Since years some people have the weird assumption, that the next update will be so bad that patreons will leave in droves. Thus, they think, devs try to get addtional money by getting them to stay those few days longer to renew their patreon membership one more month. In reality the opposite seems true though. Given that devs like DC gain quite a few additional patreons every major update, it would be way better for them to release the update at the end of the months. Like that people become patreons and pay the full amount for the current month, just to be charged again at the 1st of the next month.

In end neither will matter for DC, though, and it's just a stupid thing people talk about. After all, the game is free and you can play it anyway, no matter whether u are a patreon or not.

D

Deleted member 484637

i don't care about milking the patrons, all about i care is, when i can milk myself to summertime saga.
you can complain furthermore, but it doesn't change anything.
don't act like a cuck, who is cockblocked by a fucking game... that's fucking hilarious... :KEK:
you know, there is so much high quality stuff on f95...

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Since years some people have the weird assumption, that the next update will be so bad that patreons will leave in droves. Thus, they think, devs try to get addtional money by getting them to stay those few days longer to renew their patreon membership one more month. In reality the opposite seems true though. Given that devs like DC gain quite a few additional patreons every major update, it would be way better for them to release the update at the end of the months. Like that people become patreons and pay the full amount for the current month, just to be charged again at the 1st of the next month.

In end neither will matter for DC, though, and it's just a stupid thing people talk about. After all, the game is free and you can play it anyway, no matter whether u are a patreon or not.
If ICSTOR can hang onto as many patreons as he did releasing one update in a 12 month period and admitting to doing nothing for five months of it, then I don't see why DC should be expected to lose patreons if this update is "bad". People have the weirdest expectations around here.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
and what else do you play for? PLOT? WHAT?
Different games simply have a different focus. There are games out there which have almost no plot or only a simple main plot and lots of lewd stuff, and there are games out there with almost no sex and a focus on story and gameplay. SS has always been a compromise in the middle. That's neither good or bad, it's just how the game is set up. So yeah, those who only want scenes will certainly find games which are better suited for them.

Reactions: DannyhelMont

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
DC has been pretty consistent with his releases, if you've been following the game for a while you already know what to expect. You will get 2 big updates and 1 or maybe 2 smaller ones per year. Could he find ways to increase the developing speed? Probably but he hasn't lost patrons and I don't think he will lose them in the future. People already know what they're getting into when they decide to support him.

Reactions: 401Grem

Kenuichi

Aug 28, 2017
Even though the bugs/fixes tasks are faster than they were before i think the code will take much longer, so with that said i think DC will drop the update in the first days of May or maybe 1 or 2 weeks after.

Hero1

"I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time."
Donor
Sep 20, 2017
Even though the bugs/fixes tasks are faster than they were before i think the code will take much longer, [...]
Well, the only code task not done is "Qa & Bugfixing". Which means as soon as all the bugs are resolved the progess reaches 100%.
As far as I remember this was introduced because of all the people flipping out when the tracker reached 100% and it wasn't immediately released.

otranu

Dec 4, 2018

I dont think darkCookie is milking us for money. I think he is a excellent game developer and artist.

Having said that, although it is true that Dc gain additional patreons every update, there´s a big drop of patreons after the update too, as you can see in the image.
Right now he is gaining a lot of patreons , and many of them will mantain their patreon membership after 0.20, but, he will lost a some of them too.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyway , i dont think he is delaying the update on porpouse or something like that , but he will get more money if he releases in may.

Hero1

"I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time."
Donor
Sep 20, 2017
Having said that, although it is true that Dc gain additional patreons every update, there´s a big drop of patreons after the update too, as you can see in the image.
Right now he is gaining a lot of patreons , and many of them will mantain their patreon membership after 0.20, but, he will lost a some of them too.
The drops in Patrons happen mostly at the first of the month because of denied payments or other problems with payment providers. If you check the daily number of Patrons you can see that it is always exactly the first day of the month that's the lowest. But he also almost always gains them back until the end of the month.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Granted, some can of course be Patrons that cancelled because they were charged and thus reminded that they still actively supported DarkCookie. But even if they leave and don't come back, he seems to gain almost as many new supporters.

Reactions: KillerKlown
4.10 star(s) 357 Votes