lalka

Jun 2, 2017
Looking at the bugs count it will take at least one week, ill expect release by the end of next week

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Yeah...i figured it out but still would've been great if actually the new update came these days.
Well, it'll almost certainly be out this week. But yes, there's never a set date. It'll simply happen at some point once they feel that the really bad bugs are found and fixed. After that it only seems to take them a few hours to release.

JKH18

Jan 16, 2018
162/199 bugs fixed. Is it just me, or has the bug fixing gone a lot quicker than with the last update? :O

BurnerIc

Jun 14, 2018
162/199 bugs fixed. Is it just me, or has the bug fixing gone a lot quicker than with the last update? :O
It certainly seems that way, it looks to be doing up by chunks of 15-20 bugs fixed per day, I was betting on 5 days until release but this is making it seem like it may be 2 or 3, which is nice

macca_joe

Feb 1, 2019
Seriously artwork of Any american comic is nowhere near most mangas. They are colorless, but they capture the beauty of the background and character's emotions much better than American Comics. Their is a reason that American Animation(CARTOONS) is for Kids or just filled with poor drawings and Animation, but Japanese Animations(Anime) are enjoyed by people of every age and majority of them have mind blowing animation.

BUt I agree, that their is no need to compare these game designs with Anime or Cartoons. They are different genre and are meant to entertain in totally different ways.
Lol wut you just completely washed everything as bad. Firstly you say that western cartoons are only for kids, completely ignoring the myriad of adult and teen cartoons/animation out these days. Secondly anything thats not for kids is bad. Yea man totally anything that isnt isakai or shonene anime is bad or its all loli and hentai, there is literally NOTHING in between (sarcasm).

arigatogyro

Jun 27, 2017
Why would 20.5 come in November/December? I thought these .5 updates would take 2-3 months not another full update cycle
they are moving goalposts

Most dev's of projects in go into one of two categories Passion or Business's.
Passion - Where the dev and team are willing to work so others will love the product they make (will naturally work more).
Business - Where the dev wants money and the team are just workers (will naturally work less or to point).

Not all cases but I have seen so many go down these routes.
this is why i think the update polls are a bad idea, updates could be faster if he was working on what he cares for more

Reactions: TurtleKing9000

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
they are moving goalposts
More like, some poeple have little idea what they are talking about. 0.5 numbers haven't really meant anything in the past, and we've had full 0.5 updates, like 12.5 and 14.5 (even a big 0.14.3 once). Just because the last 0.5 updates where smaller or surprise updates, doesn't mean that it's the default. The numbers are random after all. So yes, the guy you are quoting is indeed simply wrong and the answer to his question should be that 0.5 updates can indeed be full updates, as they have been before.

Edit: Just to clarify, DC said that 0.20.5 should be about as big as 0.20.0, so we are probably looking at another 4 to 5 months.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Necronlord3

satyer5

Nov 11, 2017
Seriously artwork of Any american comic is nowhere near most mangas. They are colorless, but they capture the beauty of the background and character's emotions much better than American Comics. Their is a reason that American Animation(CARTOONS) is for Kids or just filled with poor drawings and Animation, but Japanese Animations(Anime) are enjoyed by people of every age and majority of them have mind blowing animation.

BUt I agree, that their is no need to compare these game designs with Anime or Cartoons. They are different genre and are meant to entertain in totally different ways.
Actually, American cartoons have received something of a renaissance in recent years. Ever since Flapjack, cartoons have been more focused on being catchalls for every age. There's lots of good shit out there if you look for it; stuff like, The Owl House, The new Harley Quinne show, and Midnight Gospel. And while anime has been getting better in recent years, in terms of animation quality, I don't think I've ever seen anything as good as the best animated show I've ever seen, Edd, Ed, and Eddy.

Kenuichi

Aug 28, 2017
So does anyone here know how can I transfer my saves to another summertime saga update to another on android device cause i really don't want to start from scratch again. Thank you in advance.

Geowraith

Jan 28, 2020
So does anyone here know how can I transfer my saves to another summertime saga update to another on android device cause i really don't want to start from scratch again. Thank you in advance.
I use FX File Explorer with split window option in the program. In left window, I open up Main Storage > Android > Data > Summertime Saga folder (I forget its proper name ) > Files. Right window is opened to an SD card folder. Click on SS Files folder to select it, copy, then paste it into SD card folder.

After reinstall of SS, run program so it creates new and empty Files folder, then transfer fileset back from SD. You might need to restart SS before loading save, I don't recall.

Kenuichi

Aug 28, 2017
I use FX File Explorer with split window option in the program. In left window, I open up Main Storage > Android > Data > Summertime Saga folder (I forget its proper name ) > Files. Right window is opened to an SD card folder. Click on SS Files folder to select it, copy, then paste it into SD card folder.

After reinstall of SS, run program so it creates new and empty Files folder, then transfer fileset back from SD. You might need to restart SS before loading save, I don't recall.
Can't i do it with another app like RAR ?

Geowraith

Jan 28, 2020
Can't i do it with another app like RAR ?
I am not sure, but creating an archive to another folder location then extracting back might work. Never tried it, since it did not occur to me... different approaches, but I just think of basic file transfers first. I prefer not to compress/extract/recompress too many times due to possible error creation in files. Old habits.

WSmith

Jul 25, 2018
Yeah...i figured it out but still would've been great if actually the new update came these days.
I think the fact that it isn't even in proper English is also a hint. Plus it says "tomorrow" and not a date. "Tomorrow" is always a day away ; )

• Haha
Reactions: Kenuichi

Giseme2233

May 15, 2018
Haven't been following the post after the v0.19.5 update.
Seems i came back on the right time.. :)
and now we have to wait for the bug fixes

4.10 star(s) 357 Votes