j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Jenny is actually an example of why I do not like the reworks because what ends up happening is a whole lot of content gets removed and she had some of the most fleshed out content at that point when it got a rework. This is not like Judith that has an easy to throwaway scene either, the original Jenny had a bunch of hours put into it

and with that said, there's a lot of perfectly good art that's gotten removed for other characters but basically the same situation.
Interesting, in my opinion her "story" wasn't even a real story but merely a collection horrible quests (earning money to either give her the money or to buy her stuff, both repeated several times to bloat the content) and completely random events, like joining her in the shower or sneaking into her bed for no given reason. Personally I'm not sad that it finally got replaced with something that's decent, given that it was probably the worst part of the game.
I wonder why some of this stuff isn't just thrown in as bonus content somewhere in the main menu. It really sucks that it all went poof
Because it just wasn't up to standard and it will stick out negatively at some point. That said, in Jenny's case basically everything got replaced anyway, so it's not like in Diane's case, where somewhat relevant content got "lost" (at least for now).

mrpopo69

Aug 10, 2019
Interesting, in my opinion her "story" wasn't even a real story but merely a collection horrible quests (earning money to either give her the money or to buy her stuff, both repeated several times to bloat the content) and completely random events, like joining her in the shower or sneaking into her bed for no given reason. Personally I'm not sad that it finally got replaced with something that's decent, given that it was probably the worst part of the game.

Because it just wasn't up to standard and it will stick out negatively at some point. That said, in Jenny's case basically everything got replaced anyway, so it's not like in Diane's case, where somewhat relevant content got "lost" (at least for now).
I think the only reason they don't put them in the game as bonus content is so the file download is smaller. Jenny's content did eventually get readded but she also got some different toy scenes that I think are gone for good. Diane's original milkings are the ones I was thinking of as well yeah. There are variations in the newest versions so there is a net gain overall with the reworks but I wouldn't mind being able to access since they exist out there. I might be in the minority but I would tolerate the old "choppy" sex animations mixed with the newer ones (which there still are in other stories) but I understand that DC does what he wants like we see with the character model changes or replacing/adding new ones which are trivial to the story but internet culture references etc

Zephrah

Jul 26, 2018
Please, does anyone know how Jenny can get pregnant when the MC used an infertility pill? I'm using a save from the previous version as it says on the OP's cover page. But I can't keep up with the story at the mayor's house (even using the walkthrough) and Jenny keeps getting pregnant ... To correct, should I start over from scratch? The game is great, but great ... it would be a pain in the balls ...
Have you tried NOT cumming inside of her for a while? Just a thought.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Not saying you have to make games to be allowed to criticise them, but yes, trying yourself in an amateurish way to make like 5% of the work and learning you have to do to make a game, might help to get a better understanding of the time and effort it takes. Most people talking shit about devs have low artistic and technical knowledge of the process. So they think you snap your finger and it's done.
As a Dev myself (Working on Taffy Tales and my own separate unannounced 2D project), I can say safely the work is never as fast as we hope/want, especially 2D.

Of course, careful management and having the manpower available to help with certain tasks obviously helps speed things up, but there's a difference between throwing together some trash and actually crafting something that's fun and engaging.

ManOfCulture88

Apr 8, 2020
hmm I've been playing this game recently, but hardly anything associated with the main story, just the henchmen showing up from time to time, think the author will circle back to it at some point?

suwanka

Dec 27, 2018
I'm not really complaining since I find the relationships kind of cute, but it seems odd to be dating a christian girl that barely knows what her vagina looks like and the most popular girl (I guess?) and there's no sneaking around or anything. They just exist in parallel dimensions or something. iirc Eve seems to know what goes on in the private tutoring sessions but is completely uninterested in the MC's participation.

I haven't played since 19.0 and that was just to play the Eve content so my memory may be incomplete. I just kind of got shocked at Eve's excited kiss when she met the MC for the first time after I finished 19.0 and I was like, are we dating?

It would be funny if what the MC's dad was into was some sort of parallel dimension thing and he got disappeared. but before this happens, he imbues his son with the power to travel interdimensionally in a way that isn't obvious to him.

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
I'm not really complaining since I find the relationships kind of cute, but it seems odd to be dating a christian girl that barely knows what her vagina looks like and the most popular girl (I guess?) and there's no sneaking around or anything. They just exist in parallel dimensions or something. iirc Eve seems to know what goes on in the private tutoring sessions but is completely uninterested in the MC's participation.

I haven't played since 19.0 and that was just to play the Eve content so my memory may be incomplete. I just kind of got shocked at Eve's excited kiss when she met the MC for the first time after I finished 19.0 and I was like, are we dating?

It would be funny if what the MC's dad was into was some sort of parallel dimension thing and he got disappeared. but before this happens, he imbues his son with the power to travel interdimensionally in a way that isn't obvious to him.
I agree with you that it's weird, but that's a consequence of this game being developed piece-meal and each individual character getting their own isolated storyline. At some point the plan is to combine everything together into a unified dating system that should reflect the fact that you can't reasonably sleep with 15 different women without at least one or two of them making some form of acknowledgement or getting angry, but trying to update such a system with each successive release would be maddening. The amount of bitching about bugs and the delays caused by the fixing thereof that we get around here is bad enough without adding another thing to break.

Something to look forward to whenever this game is finished, which at the current pace should be in about 4 years or so. :LOL:

Jim Webb

Jun 23, 2017
As a Dev myself (Working on Taffy Tales and my own separate unannounced 2D project), I can say safely the work is never as fast as we hope/want, especially 2D.

Of course, careful management and having the manpower available to help with certain tasks obviously helps speed things up, but there's a difference between throwing together some trash and actually crafting something that's fun and engaging.
Do you think this game is being worked on Properly? after reading back some pages on all the stuff DC has said and what seems to being delievered I can see why this thread has descened into anarchy

I mean when I compare it to Taffy Tales and what get's delivered there hard not to see an good development cycle and...... an middling one.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Do you think this game is being worked on Properly? after reading back some pages on all the stuff DC has said and what seems to being delievered I can see why this thread has descened into anarchy

I mean when I compare it to Taffy Tales and what get's delivered there hard not to see an good development cycle and...... an middling one.
I wouldn't really feel comfortable commenting on the goings on of the Summertime Saga team.

(Despite being one of the more 'vocal' dev critics, my Captains Log stuff is really just reserved for what I consider devs glaringly taking advantage of their user base)

Generally speaking, SS is slow but consistent and they do have a certain standard they maintain. What you see is what you get.

Would I personally manage things different? Yes, but that's me, and my style and approach is very different to a lot of devs anyway I feel. Take that for what you will.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Yes, also cumming out ... she got pregnant ... just the next day, she sends a message that we go to her room and informs us that she is pregnant.
Then your save is broken somehow. Does the pregnancy minigame trigger at all, or does she just keep getting pregnant, out of nowhere?

John18111a

Aug 6, 2018
Woohoo, anyone else excited to see that the next update is 99% done.

I held off on playing the last update, as I was busy at work, and trying other games, and then when I did get a couple days to play it the new update was over half done, so I decided to wait as saves are not usually compatible. So I am just a little excited. :)

Reactions: {0__0} and Buddeer

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Woohoo, anyone else excited to see that the next update is 99% done.

I held off on playing the last update, as I was busy at work, and trying other games, and then when I did get a couple days to play it the new update was over half done, so I decided to wait as saves are not usually compatible. So I am just a little excited. :)
Well, saves should be compatible now (at least those from version 0.19.x).

And if you waited so long already, you probably want to wait a week longer until I updated my mod ;)

Ruodger

Sep 20, 2018
Then your save is broken somehow. Does the pregnancy minigame trigger at all, or does she just keep getting pregnant, out of nowhere?
When finished inside, the mini-game of active pregnancy and even not fertilizing, she becomes pregnant ... And when finished outside, it happens as I described above, with her informing that she is pregnant again.

4.10 star(s) 357 Votes