May 26, 2019
isn't he already? i mean i recently replayed the eve route and MC spends all this time with eve, telling her how beautiful and special she is, she falls in love with him and they start dating. then MC sees her hot sister getting a naked massage so he jumps in and impregnates her, then convinces grace to keep the baby and they keep it a secret from eve. then he repeats the same process about 10 times (at least that's how it was when i played the game, i have like a dozen kids with grace by now). MC has a friendly and pure exterior but i don't see how anyone can think he isn't morally completly corrupt.
Well, this all entirely depends on both you the player and the choices you make, doesn't it?

The game doesn't force you to have sex with Odette or Grace.
The game doesn't force you to impregnate them either.
You could just reject them and stick entirely to Eve.

At the end of the day, the MC is just a culmination of the choices you the player made for him.
You can't really complain about the MC feeling like an a-hole with multiple children from multiple women when you are the one making all those choices for him.

In addition, you can't really complain about the MC having multiple girlfriends/lovers when that is literally the purpose of this entire game.
The whole point of Summertime Saga is to acquire as many lovers/girlfriends/sex-friends as possible.
Taking issue with this is like taking issue with the fact that the MC in a Pokemon game has dozens of different Pokemon.

Well, that's true and such things do happen because there are no real choices in Eve's story. There's no choice between Grace and Eve, as there should be, and that's why we'll never have a nice and gratifying Grace subplot. It's really that simple. If there's no choice the only real options are to essentially make all girls the same (likely either the Roxxy cuckoldress type or the Odette easy going type) or to cheat behind their back, like in Eve's case.

But yes, I'd still say it's more an unavoidable consquence of the game design, rather than an actual character trait of MC.
I agree that it would be interesting to be able to choose between exclusively dating Eve, exclusively dating Grace, or just dating them both at the same time.
But we have to remember that neither Grace nor Odette were intended to be primary girls.
They are the secondary girls who are "accessed" ;) by completing Eve's storyline.

Also, it would make more sense for there to be some consequences that come with impregnating Grace and/or Odette.
But I'm sure the point of this game is to allow the MC to have all these sexual experiences free of any consequence.
That's the reason why when you finish both Eve and Roxxy's individual routes, you can go into French class in the morning, make out with Eve and then make out with Roxxy without any problems.

Lastly, in my humble opinion, all this isn't an unavoidable consequence of Summertime Saga's unique game design.
All of this is a consequence of the type of game Summertime Saga is - a soft-harem type sex game.

P.S. Hey j4yj4m, could you elaborate on what you mean when you say "the only real options are to essentially make all girls the same?" I personally am of the opinion that the many girls in this game vary impressively in terms of their personalities, backstories, and character traits.

May 26, 2019
Separating her from the principal is the best option, I really don't like her character. Some characters are annoying but at least they look good, Mrs Smith doesn't have any redeeming quality.
I don't know man. She has two VERY HUGE redeeming qualities right in front of her if you know what I mean. ;)

Yeah I would just expect to get dommed by Principal Smith for a while before getting a comeuppance, she doesn't seem like a character that realizes the error of their ways in the end.
We'll have to wait and see. Mrs. Smith route would be best if the MC has to be dommed/topped by her for a while before dominating her and turning her into his sex slave. I really don't see her becoming affectionate to the MC by any other way.

There could also be a chance that we'll get a Principal Smith/Annie route (like the Helen/Mia route) in which the MC will have to choose between the two at the end.

Mrs. Smith is interesting because she could also open up the game to some more magical/supernatural elements.
If you look closely when invading her house for the first time, I believe she has a Grimoire (a book which teaches the reader how to casts certain spells/curses and perform certain types of magic).

The MC showing off his magical powers to Erik could be a cool little scene.

Reactions: Ranma
May 26, 2019
DC said that when he reworks Erik's story he wants to make Erik more likeable and show how good of a friend he is.
In my humble opinion, Erik is already very likable and is already shown to be a good friend.

He is always chill, always nice, always helpful.
He constantly gives the MC alcohol when needed or assistance if the MC does something for him (usually buying stuff).
Hell, he even
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Erik is a great character already in my opinion but I won't argue if DarkCookie insists on a rework or redesign.

Last edited:

MasterQ

Nov 28, 2016
What speaks against bringing one but banging all the girls?
You didn't understand. Bringing the girl on the prom will unlock a h-scene with her and since you can bring just one girl to the prom, you can't get all the h-scene in a single playthrough.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Well, this all entirely depends on both you the player and the choices you make, doesn't it?

The game doesn't force you to have sex with Odette or Grace.
The game doesn't force you to impregnate them either.
You could just reject them and stick entirely to Eve.

At the end of the day, the MC is just a culmination of the choices you the player made for him.
You can't really complain about the MC feeling like an a-hole with multiple children from multiple women when you are the one making all those choices for him.

In addition, you can't really complain about the MC having multiple girlfriends/lovers when that is literally the purpose of this entire game.
The whole point of Summertime Saga is to acquire as many lovers/girlfriends/sex-friends as possible.
Taking issue with this is like taking issue with the fact that the MC in a Pokemon game has dozens of different Pokemon.
That is a very good point. I think it's better to have the freedom to pursue the all the girls if you want to, without having any of the content locked out. I mean even if you decide to not have sex with Grace and odette, at that point you're already having sex with a bunch of girls including your not-mom, not-sister and not-aunt. The only way the MC doesn't come off as an asshole is if you just complete eve's story and don't have sex with any other girl in game.

Reactions: TheGrandMasterCory
May 26, 2019
If you finish Tony's story, you cannot complete any other route needing pizza or lasagne takeout.
There should really be a formal warning for these kinds of things!

Edit: It seems that Geowraith may be incorrect about this. Even so, be careful with your playthroughs and keep multiple saves.

Last edited:

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
If you finish Tony's story, you cannot complete any other route needing pizza or lasagne takeout.
Not true, I played the whole game from the beginning and I finished the main story before finishing eve's story and I still was able to get the lasagna for Grace's dinner.

Dirty_Dan

Jun 16, 2017
Been playing though this after a year or so off. Love Eve's new story. New best girl (next to Sis and Missy). I'm seeing all of the content that I missed, so I'm two timing her on this playthrough, but when the game's complete or, at least, the prom portion, I'm going to do the gentleman route because, well, how can you not with her?

Looking forward to Anne's story. She's always interested me. Hope it's as good as Eve's.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
anyone can give me full save please!!
Lemme quote myself 10 posts above
There's 1 on the official page (without the Maria route done). Or just play the game like most of us
Been playing though this after a year or so off. Love Eve's new story. New best girl (next to Sis and Missy). I'm seeing all of the content that I missed, so I'm two timing her on this playthrough, but when the game's complete or, at least, the prom portion, I'm going to do the gentleman route because, well, how can you not with her?

Looking forward to Anne's story. She's always interested me. Hope it's as good as Eve's.
You'll have to keep in mind AnnIe's route will have the principal and the Bible Black junk under the school. Character development might come 2ndary to futa demons and hyper BDSM stuff

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Annie is definitely the route I've been looking forward to the most. I like 'em bossy, busty, and brunette. Not looking forward to Smith's part of it, but knocking her up will be satisfying.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
^ She's only bossy cause Smith holds her on a leash (literally). She's super sub when handled by the principal. Having her open up to MC and be a tiny bit friendlier will be the route's biggest achievement. Or MC dumps Smith into the dungeon and manhandles Annie himself. Or some other weirdly random stuff DC/Sploosh will come up with (including futademons and Bible Black-ish junk)

(Try to find all the puns in there)

Dirty_Dan

Jun 16, 2017
Yeah, Annie's most likely going to deal with the MC breaking her free from the Principles influence and opening up. The MC already said he doesn't think she's bad, just lost and a bit misguided. You'll probably also deal with her daddy issues her mom hinted at.

I imagine you'll also get a choice to make her your sub if you don't go with the romance route.

artyomrusty

Sep 10, 2019
Howdy yall. I keep getting this error any time I try to save or load. I tried deleting everthing including saves and nothing has worked. Google has failed me and I reall jus nee
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/script.rpy", line 41, in <module>
File "game/scripts/core/user_interface/menu/slots.rpy", line 7, in execute
File "game/scripts/core/user_interface/menu/slots.rpy", line 9, in execute
File "game/scripts/core/user_interface/menu/slots.rpy", line 13, in execute
File "game/scripts/core/user_interface/menu/slots.rpy", line 14, in execute
File "game/scripts/core/user_interface/menu/common.rpy", line 1, in execute
File "game/scripts/core/user_interface/menu/common.rpy", line 4, in execute
File "game/scripts/core/user_interface/menu/common.rpy", line 6, in execute
File "game/scripts/core/user_interface/menu/slots.rpy", line 17, in execute
File "game/scripts/core/user_interface/menu/slots.rpy", line 38, in execute
File "game/scripts/core/user_interface/menu/slots.rpy", line 41, in execute
File "game/scripts/core/user_interface/menu/slots.rpy", line 42, in execute
File "game/scripts/core/user_interface/menu/slots.rpy", line 61, in <module>
Exception: Expected an image, but got a general displayable.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "scripts/script.rpyc", line 41, in script
File "C:\\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/scripts/script.rpy", line 41, in <module>
File "C:\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "C:\\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "C:\\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "C:\\RPG\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
File "C:\\RPG\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
File "C:\\RPG\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "C:\\RPG\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "C:\\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
self.update()
File "C:\\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/scripts/core/user_interface/menu/slots.rpy", line 9, in execute
File "game/scripts/core/user_interface/menu/common.rpy", line 4, in execute
File "game/scripts/core/user_interface/menu/common.rpy", line 6, in execute
File "game/scripts/core/user_interface/menu/slots.rpy", line 17, in execute
File "game/scripts/core/user_interface/menu/slots.rpy", line 38, in execute
File "game/scripts/core/user_interface/menu/slots.rpy", line 41, in execute
File "game/scripts/core/user_interface/menu/slots.rpy", line 42, in execute
File "game/scripts/core/user_interface/menu/slots.rpy", line 61, in <module>
File "C:\\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 1579, in Grayscale
return MatrixColor(im, matrix.saturation(0.0, desat), **properties)
File "C:\\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 1243, in __init__
im = image(im)
File "C:\SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 1755, in image
raise Exception("Expected an image, but got a general displayable.")
Exception: Expected an image, but got a general displayable.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
^ What. The. Craptual. Buttfuck ...... Aside it saying it can't load a random image and a lot of junk, the complete F you doing with it ? Getting the download from OP and just unzipping it can't come up with that much failed junk. You gotta console crap/mod the beJeesus out of it to melt like that.

Go to /users/whatevername/appdata/roaming/renpy and look for summertimesaga > (copy for backup in case you wanna keep your jar scenes) delete that folder, download the game again, unzip, don't do anything else, start the .exe

If it still fucks up > format HDD/set fire to PC case/throw case out the window > not in any particular order

Reactions: DougTheC

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I agree that it would be interesting to be able to choose between exclusively dating Eve, exclusively dating Grace, or just dating them both at the same time.
But we have to remember that neither Grace nor Odette were intended to be primary girls.
They are the secondary girls who are "accessed" ;) by completing Eve's storyline.

Also, it would make more sense for there to be some consequences that come with impregnating Grace and/or Odette.
But I'm sure the point of this game is to allow the MC to have all these sexual experiences free of any consequence.
That's the reason why when you finish both Eve and Roxxy's individual routes, you can go into French class in the morning, make out with Eve and then make out with Roxxy without any problems.

Lastly, in my humble opinion, all this isn't an unavoidable consequence of Summertime Saga's unique game design.
All of this is a consequence of the type of game Summertime Saga is - a soft-harem type sex game.

P.S. Hey j4yj4m, could you elaborate on what you mean when you say "the only real options are to essentially make all girls the same?" I personally am of the opinion that the many girls in this game vary impressively in terms of their personalities, backstories, and character traits.
Well, I more or less wrote what I meant in the post you quoted. Characters who'd technically reqiure not having a harem are badly integrated, like Eve and Grace, and if you want to integrate them well, you'd have to limit their traits. There'll be 40+ girls in the game and all of them are polyamorous (even with girls they are supposed to dislike) or have some kind of sharing fetish? That's not what I'd call impressively diverse.
My point was that you could make it fit much better with having these choices. One can do each chracter justice way better and one could get every girl in different saves. Sure, if you'd argue that it's fine to only be able to get Grace by essentially "cheating" on Eve it's another topic. In that case I'd actually argue that the cheating part should be written properly, now it's neither really one nor the other.

Else one has to keep in mind that the game indeed was never really meant to be a real harem game and that DC had to be dragged to even promise a harem feature, while he sad for basically 2 years that there wouldn't be a harem at all. The whole thing was supposed to be a somewhat classical VN/dating sim where you'd chose a route at some point, so certainly not a pokemon like game as you'd suggest. Sure, DC can change the direction, but not without downsides.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrShadowDUH

JazzyRey

Aug 18, 2018
Nope, you can do every route in any order, even after Tony's. You gottta go all the way making Maria preg (and having the baby, then wait for them to come back to the pizzeria, then wait again for her to dump it at the daycare, can't remember if the night stuff happens after or during the baby weeks), after that everything works as normal

Stop saving in the middle of routes/dialogs, the game is playable and every route can be finished without any bugs. Also don't import anything before 0.19.5, and even then, you're always better just restarting. You keep the jar stuff and only need to waste a whopping 5 mins to skip the first ~3 days to unlock free roam and be on any route
Never do, and never did.. Saving on map screen always, and started over on 1.9.5, bugged. Started over on 20.1, bugged.

4.00 star(s) 358 Votes