j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
The thing for me is that, there is a harem feature planned for the future, so why lock out sex scenes if you're planning a feature in which the MC ends up with multiple girls anyway?
As far as I understood it the harem feature was never meant to be a "full harem" feature in that sense. As DC somewhat explained it, you are meant to buy certain furnitures for the beach house and can then invite schoolgirls over. If you combine the right girls and furnitures, you'll get a scene. I mean, the game remains extremely limited by time, so it's not like he would ever be able to create the scenes to mix x number of girls at the player's will. That is actually almost my biggest complaint, it'll just take soooooo much time that could be used to create scenes for actual branches.

The MC is even having sex with his aunt behinds his mom's back and when they get caught the game rewards you with a new sex scene.
To be fair, the dialogs when both are swimming in the pool indicate that Diane and Debbie had their fair share of fun before they somewhat settled down. To me it was pretty much in character for Debbie to give in and enjoy it. I mean, her fucking MC is taboo anyway and so adding a little extra isn't really that bad. I mean, he's her son and it's not like she plans to have a real relationship with him. At least that has always been my take of her motive. It's fun and a reminiscence of the old times.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
As far as I understood it the harem feature was never meant to be a "full harem" feature in that sense. As DC somewhat explained it, you are meant to buy certain furnitures for the beach house and can then invite schoolgirls over. If you combine the right girls and furnitures, you'll get a scene. I mean, the game remains extremely limited by time, so it's not like he would ever be able to create the scenes to mix x number of girls at the player's will. That is actually almost my biggest complaint, it'll just take soooooo much time that could be used to create scenes for actual branches.
Even if the harem feature is somewhat limited, MC will still end up with multiple girls. I don't even know why I'm defending the linear routes so much, I prefer being able to get all the girls, but I don't really mind the branching paths.

May 26, 2019
I wouldn't want this game to be this hyper realistic either. Too much realism makes games tedious, Red Dead Redemption 2 is a good example of this. However, I don't want every girl to ultimately boil down to the same exact thing. Its good that Jenny stays a selfish bitch and doesn't just love you at the end of her route. Its a colorful cast of wacky, but realistic characters that all serve their purpose, be that comedic, sexy or romantic. Boiling them down and making them just another pretty face that gets MCs dick wet makes it all feel a bit shallow. It just reeks of lost potential, especially since SS has pretty good writing for what it is.
I completely agree with everything you posted here. I am strongly in favor of there being a diverse array of characters, each with their own personality traits and relation to the MC.

I don't want the entire collection of girls to be a bag of m&ms, a vast array of diverse coatings but all possessing the same exact fundamental core.

In my original posts, all I am stating is that if you are looking for a game that severely punishes the MC whenever he "cheats" on a girl, well then this ain't it, chief.

I want there to be branching choices and consequences in the game. But I want these things to be limited and minimal.
I don't want these things defining the game and taking away the "being able to have sex with multiple girls without any real/major consequence" aspect.

Just because some parts of the game are silly and ridiculous doesn't mean that the entire game needs to follow this logic however. SS is a massive game, even in this alpha state. Make it a brilliant open world adventure that shows a little bit of everything, like Grand theft auto 5. It takes itself serious too, however also has sex jokes everywhere and constantly references aliens. Make it a healthy mix and don't focus on just one thing. Hell I won't even mind if the Harem aspect is in the game, I just don't want it to be the *only* endgame. Let there be an option to actually get a canon ending for every girl and everything afterwards is non canon towards that play through. Maybe I just care too much tho idk.
I strongly agree with what you're saying here as well.
The game should be a mix of silliness and seriousness.
The game should have a little bit of everything since variety is the spice of life.
And the game should have multiple endings, some of which won't and shouldn't be a harem ending.

But when we say Summertime Saga is a silly game, we don't mean to say that every aspect of the game is funny or ridiculous or outlandish. Nor do we mean every aspect of the game should be silly or outlandish.
Instead, we are implying that overall, the game is not to be taken too seriously (one shouldn't focus too heavily on the morality of the MC's "cheating" behavior) even though it will contain many serious elements.

No one is arguing that all serious aspects of the game should be removed or replaced with silly ones.
I mean, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who believes the serious aspects of Eve's storyline should be replaced with jokes.

Reactions: MrShadowDUH
May 26, 2019
Guys, help. Who is this 2 lock girls? And how can i get a second scene with Odette
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
1) You should really refer to the walkthrough on the first page of this thread. It'll most likely have all the answers you seek.

2) It seems the two girls you're missing are Daisy (the cow girl) and Grace (Eve's red-headed sister).
If you wish to learn how to access them, refer to the walkthrough I mentioned above.

3) The second scene with Odette is obtained by doing the Grace & Odette weekend evening massage for a second time.
The MC will then have the choice between Odette or Grace giving him his massage.
Since you haven't unlocked Grace, it seems that you haven't done the weekend evening massage even once.

Hope this helps!

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Even if the harem feature is somewhat limited, MC will still end up with multiple girls. I don't even know why I'm defending the linear routes so much, I prefer being able to get all the girls, but I don't really mind the branching paths.
Sure, I think few are really agaist multiple girls but more against completely random/unrefined outcomes. Of course not much is known about their stories, but even with this little content I could see a combinaton of Ronda/Eve or Mia/Judith if done well. Roxxy's sharing fetish is certainly fitting and if Mia really ends up being "the girl who wants to break out her shell and experience as much as possible" and if Annie (hopefully) gets a somewhat submissive trait, they'd be good parings for others, too. There's much you can do with good writing.

walkerjonny

Apr 22, 2019
That's quite normal, since the story and the game evolves. New variables get set and will be required for lots of stuff, you would miss in old saves.
In that game you can simply cheat in the dev phases, so you can mostly concentrate on parts you want to enjoy.
Well, the most developers manage to do that without requiring a new game start each time they release a major version, so I don't really buy that. Except he's still at the beginning phase of this game but I doubt this to be the case.
At least the developer should think about adding a kind of conversion option for the saves or he should think about restructuring the saves in a way that allows the newly added content to be saved on top of existing save data without crushing the whole structure each time.
But somehow I have the feeling that won't really be the case...

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Well, the most developers manage to do that without requiring a new game start each time they release a major version, so I don't really buy that. Except he's still at the beginning phase of this game but I doubt this to be the case.
At least the developer should think about adding a kind of conversion option for the saves or he should think about restructuring the saves in a way that allows the newly added content to be saved on top of existing save data without crushing the whole structure each time.
It's not so easy with this game. But anyway, since 0.19.5 you are able to load older saves in most cases.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hi folks,

version 0.20.1-2.11 of the is up with some new stuff:
  • You can now meditate with grace alone in the evening on weekdays, without Odette.
  • Made talking animations nicer in situations where the talking face is shown from the side.
  • Fixed a problem where Maria's storage room sex animation would hang sometimes when smoothing is disabled.
  • Fixed a small bug when a save slot containing a corrupted save would not show the red-cross-icon (vanilla game would simply crash in that case anyway).
In order to get the new solo scene with Grace, you will of course have to finish Eve's route first, and already have had the session together with Odette as well.

Enjoy!

Edit: Updated to 2.11b
  • Fixed a smaller bug with breating and talking animations.

Last edited:
Reactions: Giovany

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Apparently, re-coding the start in every update makes the engine not like your older save, who would have thunk that :unsure:

It's easy to add stuff on top of older code (what most devs do) and keep your save working since you just continue where you left off. It's way harder to go back, change a bunch of older junk, then try to load a save in the middle of that and hope your PC doesn't melt (what this game is doing)

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Apparently, re-coding the start in every update makes the engine not like your older save, who would have thunk that :unsure:

It's easy to add stuff on top of older code (what most devs do) and keep your save working since you just continue where you left off. It's way harder to go back, change a bunch of older junk, then try to load a save in the middle of that and hope your PC doesn't melt (what this game is doing)
Does he really have to rewrite the whole beginning every update?

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
^ As long as the routes being added happen in the 1st week, yes. Especially if they interact with other routes this early in game (Maria/Tony stuff happens within 3-4 days in Debbie's route). Rhonda's and Annie's should be spared that since both girls have no content yet and the school unlocks itself anyway. Unless DC goes mad and changes a bunch of crap at random that would warrant a restart (like Annie's mom being unlocked during Diane's route or whatever Rhonda's mom unlocking will interract with).

Only question remaining for a while : will both 0.20.5s crap out on 0.20.1 (probably not, but you never know with people bugging out on the 1st day) ?

May 26, 2019
My game keeps crashing after sometime any idea why?
You gotta provide more information than that, my dude. :confused:

What device are you playing on (Windows, Mac, Android, or Linux)?

What specific errors are you getting?
Can you upload a screenshot of the specific errors the game is giving you?

When exactly is the game crashing?
Are the crashes happening immediately after you load the game or after some specific activity during gameplay?

Are you playing the vanilla game or are you using mods?
If you are using mods, which ones are they?

The people of this forum are helpful, but they're not mind-reading, fortune-telling wizards.

P.S. It seems that you are a very new account and that this is your first post on this site and on this forum.
So to you I say, welcome! :)

<nan>

Jun 11, 2020
You gotta provide more information than that, my dude. :confused:

What device are you playing on (Windows, Mac, Android, or Linux)?

What specific errors are you getting?
Can you upload a screenshot of the specific errors the game is giving you?

When exactly is the game crashing?
Are the crashes happening immediately after you load the game or after some specific activity during gameplay?

Are you playing the vanilla game or are you using mods?
If you are using mods, which ones are they?

The people of this forum are helpful, but they're not mind-reading, fortune-telling wizards.

P.S. It seems that you are a very new account and that this is your first post on this site and on this forum.
So to you I say, welcome! :)
Sorry for the lack of info
Im usually one plus 5t android 9 (oxygen os beta 28)(rooted)
Im using vanilla and its not giving any error codes at all just hard crash and it happens like every 5-10mins and looses all unsaved progress.

May 26, 2019
Sorry for the lack of info
Im usually one plus 5t android 9 (oxygen os beta 28)(rooted)
Im using vanilla and its not giving any error codes at all just hard crash and it happens like every 5-10mins and looses all unsaved progress.
I should have guessed it was Android.
Unfortunately, I don't play this game on Android.

All I know is that the Android version is known to have a lot of unique issues and problems.
Your best bet is to use the search bar at the top right of this forum.
Enter the word "Android" into the search bar, keep the option "This thread" selected, press enter, and try to find if anyone else has reported/discussed your issue on this forum.

I regret not being of more help to you.

4.10 star(s) 356 Votes