j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Lmao.. wasn't Ronda teased in early 2020 or late 2019? I can remember myself backthen saying that I would wait for a Ronda update before downloading again.. It seems like that would happen in 2022. xD
Early 2020 or late 2019 were never a thing, to be honest. If everything would have happened as reasonably expected, the main story would have been finished in summer last year and Ronda would have had her update in late 2020 or early 2021. Now the main story took way longer and patrons voted for another update in between.
It's kind of crazy that the main story has taken more than a year to finish.

Edit: Fuck Eve's update was released on october 2019.
Yeah, the whole main story thing went totally out of control, and it really took ~16 months instead of 6 to 7. But then again, including 7 girls was never going to go well and Covid and DC's 3 kids probably did the rest.

timothybb69

Aug 12, 2020
Fuck me, "undesirable behaviour" and "DC getting away with doing nothing" :D People need to realize that DC doesn't HAVE to do shit, and owes zero to some random entitled cunt who's never put a cent into the game in donations.

We're 97 percent, so the update's due either in a couple of days, or in a week. :p
The argument I was making has nothing to do with me. It's easy to win with a straw-man fallacy.
This is why I didn't post for 7 months, I didn't want to cringe watching the SS "nice guys" bitterly defend DC. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

JKH18

Jan 16, 2018
The argument I was making has nothing to do with me. It's easy to win with a straw-man fallacy.
Using the same logic in the straw-man you set up, you can say that Biden doesn't HAVE to do shit, and owes zero to some random entitled cunt who's never put a cent into his campaign.
This is why I didn't post for 7 months, I didn't want to cringe watching the SS "nice guys" bitterly defend DC. :rolleyes:
Really? Biden comparison? :D Biden is holding a public office, thus being DIRECTLY ACCOUNTABLE to the people he serves. DC makes a game on his own terms, funded by VOULUNTARY DONATIONS. See the slight difference? :D

livano

Dec 6, 2017
Really? Biden comparison? :D Biden is holding a public office, thus being DIRECTLY ACCOUNTABLE to the people he serves. DC makes a game on his own terms, funded by VOULUNTARY DONATIONS. See the slight difference? :D
So 'voluntary donations' might be technically correct, but you have to understand that for a bulk of people Patreon donations appear as a way of enabling gifted content creators to actually focus on creating said content instead of considering them as tips. You also have to take into account that Summertime Saga's Patreon page implies very heavily that in return for reaching $6,000 goal DC would work "FULL TIME" (so >30 hours a week in US if quick Wikipedia check didn't mislead me) on Summertime Saga.

Last edited:

JKH18

Jan 16, 2018
So 'voluntary donations' might be technically correct, but you have to understand that for a bulk of people Patreon donations appear as a way of enabling gifted content creators to actually focus on creating said content instead of considering them as tips. You also have to take into account that Summertime Saga's Patreon page implies very heavily that in return for reaching $6,000 goal DC works "FULL TIME" (so >30 hours a week in US if quick Wikipedia check didn't mislead me) on Summertime Saga.
"Full time" is so ridiculously subjective, that you really can't start looking at averages from specific countries and actually expect a game dev to fill those average hours. Far as I can see, everything promised to the patrons by DC he's held up, and on top he's accessible and transparent with his development decisions as well as overall progress, and regularly sets up content polls allowing patrons to decide on which content or characters they want to see in the game.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Far as we know, DC isn't in Murica. So that whole point is out the window. Next, you're gonna come out with "but his goals stopped at 25k, he's now making 70k a month, let's reeeeeeeeeeeee cause reasons" or some other epic milker stuff

livano

Dec 6, 2017
Far as we know, DC isn't in Murica. So that whole point is out the window. Next, you're gonna come out with "but his goals stopped at 25k, he's now making 70k a month, let's reeeeeeeeeeeee cause reasons" or some other epic milker stuff
I was under the impression that he was since I recall him speaking native level English on streams, but I guess I was wrong. The 30-hour definition for full-time job in USA is actually quite loose compared to other countries:

Last edited:

JKH18

Jan 16, 2018
Exactly :D Was also about to say that I think DC is in Canada, so US average weekly work hours wouldn't apply anyways. :p

JKH18

Jan 16, 2018
I was under the impression that he was since I recall him speaking native level English on streams, but I guess I was wrong. The 30-hour definition for full-time job in USA is actually quite loose compared to other countries:
I think DC is Canadian. Either way, even if you were to expect DC to fill an average quota of hours per week, I wouldn't take that average from a 3rd world country like the US.

JKH18

Jan 16, 2018
He still streams most of the week for hours on end. With 3 kids around him. Try that yourself for ~2-3 years with dudes moaning on boards you're not working fast enough.
Add to that the fact that 9 out of 10 of these entitled moaners haven't been Patrons or part of the community around DC and the game ever, instead they're moaning about a game they get for free not being updated every other week like they'd want. :p

Reactions: Oghmios1337

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
^ Have you tried going up a few pages and read what people have already asked 4 times within a few days ? Or the ever so basic main page/Patreon ?
Add to that the fact that 9 out of 10 of these entitled moaners haven't been Patrons or part of the community around DC and the game ever, instead they're moaning about a game they get for free not being updated every other week like they'd want. :p
The real question is : if these gods of virtue find DC to be a filthy scammer that milks $, what do they call ICstor ? A good dev ?

JKH18

Jan 16, 2018
^ Have you tried going up a few pages and read what people have already asked 4 times within a few days ? Or the ever so basic main page/Patreon ?

The real question is : if these gods of virtue find DC to be a filthy scammer that milks $, what do they call ICstor ? A good dev ?
I think honestly that a big part of these whiners "calling DC out" is the simple fact that he makes a decent chunk of change from Patreon with this game. ICstor doesn't make as much, so doesn't trigger the gods of virtue :D

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Between DC that makes 70k a month but streams most of his weeks vs ICstor that doesn't do jacksquat for almost 2 years while still getting Patreon $ without any info/news, the choice is pretty easy to make (except if you wear a tinfoil hat and pretend water isn't wet)

Reactions: CptRexx

JKH18

Jan 16, 2018
Between DC that makes 70k a month but streams most of his weeks vs ICstor that doesn't do jacksquat for almost 2 years while still getting Patreon $ without any info/news, the choice is pretty easy to make (except if you wear a tinfoil hat and pretend water isn't wet)
Oh yeah, ICstor is the MilfyCity dev. :O Yeah, shouldn't be problem for anyone to realize who's in the milking boat and who's not. Then again most of these whiners seriously seem like they're jealous 'cause they know for a fact that they cant ever make as much money as DC does, especially since they sound like they live on allowance paid by their parents :p

4.10 star(s) 357 Votes