Rickster82

Sep 10, 2017
I saw the last post regarding STS on Patreon was in April? Shouldn't there also be a graphics update in the summer?

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I saw the last post regarding STS on Patreon was in April? Shouldn't there also be a graphics update in the summer?
Hm? The last post/poll happened about three weeks ago on june 2nd. Next to that the tech update will indeed add, among other things, a widescreen resolution. Right now it looks like we'll get one or two scene updates before, though.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Do we know what the next release date is?
We never know when the release is, mostly cause DC never puts dates around anything. Your best bet is to get ahold of the tracker and guesstimate a wild range of time. And as ^ dude said, it'll probably be 4+ months before anything happens. On top of it being "split" into ~2 art mini-updates and the tech build itself > we might still be on it for Xmas

Last edited:
Reactions: Henry73au

Torvo

Oct 26, 2017
Its actually crazy this game is now 5+ years old. I just checked this thread to see how far this game has come. I downloaded the game again and played and it really doesn't feel like 5+ years of content. The quality of the art is undeniable, even if its not your style of game. Just thinking about me downloading this game upon release to where it is know kind of disappoints.

jakek

Apr 1, 2018
Its actually crazy this game is now 5+ years old. I just checked this thread to see how far this game has come. I downloaded the game again and played and it really doesn't feel like 5+ years of content. The quality of the art is undeniable, even if its not your style of game. Just thinking about me downloading this game upon release to where it is know kind of disappoints.
I feel like the devs are essentially incentivized to not finish the game in like 2-4 years because the monthly earnings via Patreon are so high.

It's like with the federal government giving out contracts to companies, that are big enough, to keep asking for money and the government will pay and is ok with delay after delay. Lockheed Martin etc etc.

I wonder what kind of mechanic on Patreon or what an alternative game funding platform, one would have to come up with, is needed to discourage devs from keeping development going at an inappropriately slow pace only so that the gravy train never stops.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Most decent and successful devs will make just as much money with their next project as they did with their old, some actually earn quite a bit more. Given the millions of players and huge fanbase DC has by now, he'll probably always make a good amount of money - as long as he releases content. So it doesn't really matter whether he continues to work on SS or moves on to some other project.

The quality of the art is undeniable, even if its not your style of game.
Well, that's kinda the point why it took/takes this long. The art of game was actually quite badly done at first and only now that it's getting replaced, now that the game runs properly on mobile, etc. it became a really good game.

If DC had continued as things were at the start, we'd still be looking at...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

..., there'd still be two frame animations, there'd no cut scenes and we'd still be having nothing else but "earn money and buy item x" quests.

So it's certainly true that the development isn't fast, but it's not like one would expect a lot more, given the way they work.

Last edited:

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
...... stuff
I wonder what kind of mechanic on Patreon or what an alternative game funding platform, one would have to come up with, is needed to discourage devs from keeping development going at an inappropriately slow pace only so that the gravy train never stops.
Nothing will change until people unass their own heads and figure out that Patreon isn't "pay now and get the game done within X time" (aka Kickstarter). You're not paying DC to make the game for you, you're giving him a tip to tell him you like his stuff and to keep on doing what he wants/likes. Whiners gonna whine that he makes ~80k a month, fact remains Patreon doesn't change its formula if you make 10$ or 100k, it's still a tip jar to help devs do the stuff they want/like

Only alternative is Substar, which works the same way and DC won't go there cause Paypal is only on Patreon. So you'll have to wait and find ways to call him a milking scamlord like most of the dudes around here

PULALAU1

Oct 13, 2017
wow , to play finaly with it's such a new game , i discover new place that i will never find before

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
How ? The game is super linear and most of the routes are already playable from day 1, you just follow what the phone says. Only obscure stuff you might get stuck on is Aqua and Daisy, otherwise, just playing the game will fill the jar by itself

Oct 2, 2020
How the hell did a game this bad, get #3 in here ?
There are literally RPGM games that are miles ahead of this, not even considering Lust academy and ToN.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes