srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
How would you know what the vast majority wants? We were talking about the people who actually commented because no one knows if those who did not comment are satisfied.
Are you expecting that all the satisfied people come here and post in this thread how satisfied they are? And because no one does, there must be no satisfied people? That's what I call logic. Not.

Reactions: jestertlw

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
Edit: What I want to say is, that DC never had some kind of classic-ICSTOR-like plot in mind and then suddenly switched to the current scenario. At first he just started and when he made up his mind, what we are getting now was more or less the result.
Yeah I get that and I never disagreed with that. The game features a lot of different kind of sexual interests and I think that was indeed the plan DC had in mind after making up his mind. But I kinda misread your post, I thought you said that SS started out as a dating sim/VN for mainly the schoolgirls, my bad.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Yeah I get that and I never disagreed with that. The game features a lot of different kind of sexual interests and I think that was indeed the plan DC had in mind after making up his mind. But I kinda misread your post, I thought you said that SS started out as a dating sim/VN for mainly the schoolgirls, my bad.
Yeah, I certainly could have phrased it better, too. As you say, the incest in SS just started to happen because DC worked on "something" which then became the game as it is. I just wanted to push back against the notion that SS was on its way to become a great incest game until patreon and DC's patrons ruined it all, which some seem to think is true.

Then again, I do indeed hope that they'll flesh out Debbie's part a bit better once she gets her update. There's certainly room for improvement, even though she's just the "father's friend" right now.

Reactions: itsyeboii

Hero1

"I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time."
Donor
Sep 20, 2017
How would you know what the vast majority wants? We were talking about the people who actually commented because no one knows if those who did not comment are satisfied.
The Pope Boniface VIII is supposed to have said "Qui tacet, consentire videtur.", which translates to "Who is silent seems to agree."
How often do you enter a thread to comment on a game where everything is just how you like it?

Reactions: pebuma

ericcha

Jun 21, 2021
Are you expecting that all the satisfied people come here and post in this thread how satisfied they are? And because no one does, there must be no satisfied people? That's what I call logic. Not.
Again you are completely missing what we are talking about which is what the people who commented are saying. If you could read the actual comments we made you could understand what we were talking about. Now if you want to talk logic then that also means not everyone who was not satisfied commented as well. Not to mention once again if you don't read that the people are satisfied how would you know that they are? Use some logic there please.

ericcha

Jun 21, 2021
The Pope Boniface VIII is supposed to have said "Qui tacet, consentire videtur.", which translates to "Who is silent seems to agree."
How often do you enter a thread to comment on a game where everything is just how you like it?
If you take any business course you will learn quick that around 20% of dissatisfied customers actually complain making. This is why there has been a rise in customer satisfaction surveys over the last 15 years. They are designed to solicit more complaints so companies can fix them.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
@ericcha:
I think it's pretty much self evident, that the NSFW gaming community is for the most part very undemanding when it comes to plots. Of course we'll never know for sure, but there's a high chance that the vast majority of players won't care at all about that specific issue, some will like the game(s) as they are, some will say that there's too much story in any case and only some will agree with your point.

Will people appreciate a good plot? Most of the time, sure. Will they reject a game because the incest isn't as on point as you say it should be? Very likely not. In fact one could even argue that incest is a topic where it's not the worst idea to stay a bit superficial, because like that you'll like keep those playing, who don't really like incest and who else may quit.

In the end the topic is misplaced here anyway, given that SS doesn't even offcially support incest and given that there won't be real/detailed incest content until they may bother once the game is take off patreon. We may have that discussion here hopefully a few years time...

Last edited:

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Well, yes, that's basically what I said. Once he had the plan to actually make the game (not looking at those first bi-weekly updates until 0.5 or so where he just messed around), it was always meant to be a visual VN/dating sim and that's literally the first sentence on his patreon page since almost the start when he started to take it a bit more serious. But since you have to start the day and the game somewhere, the house was the first thing that was there and Jenny was the first one who got show her boobs. Not really because there was a great plan to it, but just because it made and still makes sense.

I think you are mixing two things here. Yes, the game started at home and with a family because it makes sense for the plot, because it's convient and because easy to implement, but not because it was meant to be a game where it's about the incest (like let's say DMD, Light of my life or such).
Yes, the family is important and yes, incest was supposed to be part of it, but the game was never meant to be mostly about it.

It's mainly a problem of patreon development. Characters which already have content will amost always be more popular than those who don't. To me that's one of the reasons why the family characters were so much more popular at first and why they have lost so much support over time.

Edit: What I want to say is, that DC never had some kind of classic-ICSTOR-like plot in mind and then suddenly switched to the current scenario. At first he just started and when he made up his mind, what we are getting now was more or less the result.
A visual visual novel, now that's visual

ericcha

Jun 21, 2021
@ericcha:
I think it's pretty much self evident, that the NSFW gaming community is for the most part very undemanding when it comes to plots. Of course we'll never know for sure, but there's a high chance that the vast majority of players won't care at all about that specific issue, some will like the game(s) as they are, some will say that there's too much story in any case and only some will agree with your point.

Will people appreciate a good plot? Most of the time, sure. Will they reject a game because the incest isn't as on point as you say it should be? Very likely not. In fact one could even argue that incest is a topic where it's not the worst idea to stay a bit superficial, because like that you'll like keep those playing, who don't really like incest and who else may quit.

In the end the topic is misplaced here anyway, given that SS doesn't even offcially support incest and given that there won't be real/detailed incest content until they may bother once the game is take off patreon. We may have that discussion here hopefully a few years time...
I'm just complaining to just get my opinion out there. I will still play the games. I still like them I just wish they were better.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
And if one does make glowing comments on the forum, there weill be those claiming they are "simps" and "fanboys" because it is so much edgier to dislike something. As it appears, the complainers make up a fair percentage in the forums, while the reviews often tell a much different story. This game has 4-1/2 stars. Sounds like a lot of people actually like it.
A visual visual novel, now that's visual
Like a Personal Identification Number Number or an Automated Teller Machine Machine?

GeneGodHand

Sep 8, 2018
There's people out there who don't play VNs for the plot? Wild.

Ma used to order sushi back in the day, except she'd throw away the rice 'cause of the carbs. It's as counter-productive as it sounds, and since then I've just accepted that some folks are born chaotic.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
And if one does make glowing comments on the forum, there weill be those claiming they are "simps" and "fanboys" because it is so much edgier to dislike something. As it appears, the complainers make up a fair percentage in the forums, while the reviews often tell a much different story. This game has 4-1/2 stars. Sounds like a lot of people actually like it.
People dislike things because they dislike things, not because it's edgy or a bandwagon. Just because someone has criticism on the game doesn't necessarily mean they dislike the game, I like the game but I have a lot of criticism for it and each update I care less about it. And honestly I see more people calling "complainers" names like whiners and crybabies than seeing people go after fanboys like you say.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
i just took a look at the progress bar, how is the code still at 19/90? i thought that was the main thing they are working on with the tech update

• Angry
Reactions: noobmaster69lol

Energetic

Jun 8, 2019
i just took a look at the progress bar, how is the code still at 19/90? i thought that was the main thing they are working on with the tech update
The Tech update is about making the game widescreen, so it involves widening every background of the game. Therefore, the art is actually a lot more work. But that's what I think. Coding shouldn't be too much of an issue, I think.

SSBBSNAKE

Jul 27, 2017
I think the Omnikuken Police Department, should be aware that recently a high rate of new accounts have been committing crimes of moaning, scam and milking scamlord too frequently...and now those include, game marketing...

jbomb

Dec 28, 2017
I think on my playthrough I must have disabled the futa/trans content, and was wondering if there is a way to enable it without starting new?

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
One should keep in mind that the tasks don't really reflect the actual workload. I haven't seen the most recent patron task overview, but I'm pretty sure that most of the tech tasks are indeed just rewiring the old backgrounds to the new ones. As such they'll probably be finished rather quickly once the art is done. The same will probably be true for the posing tasks, too.

Marphey

May 13, 2019
I think on my playthrough I must have disabled the futa/trans content, and was wondering if there is a way to enable it without starting new?
I don't think so but in cookie jar you can rewatch the scenes with trans enabled.

Marphey

May 13, 2019
Thanks. I will check out that site. Yeah I realize we won't get it because I believe most these devs do not understand the fantasy.
Be advised with "Literotica" that it's on level of fanfic sites and it's amature writes posting stories there and some stories are rubbish.

4.00 star(s) 358 Votes