Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
I just hope there won't be too many problems with the save data
It'll either work as usual for bigbrain people (doubtful) or crap itself out for every1 involved (bigger chance). Nothing any of us can do, until ~0.18 when they took time off dev cycles to enable some sort of save comp, you did have to restart every new version > and they weren't re-coding the entire game back then. So, it really looks like our saves are dumpster trash by now

• Sad
Reactions: _Itachi_Uchiha_

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
It'll either work as usual for bigbrain people (doubtful) or crap itself out for every1 involved (bigger chance). Nothing any of us can do, until ~0.18 when they took time off dev cycles to enable some sort of save comp, you did have to restart every new version > and they weren't re-coding the entire game back then. So, it really looks like our saves are dumpster trash by now
I am currently in a complete play through from scratch, and even though you can trust that I know what I am doing and I only save in the bedroom and in the town map, I had two saves that would have been corrupted if the mod would not be able to repair them.

It seems to have to do with some rare conditions, e.g. when you are not allowed to go to A because you must go to B first. Nothing that a normal player can know. And once that happened you are screwed.

Last edited:

twichman

Dec 4, 2018
I am currently in a complete play through from scratch, and even though you can trust that I know what I am doing and I only save in the bedroom and in the town map, I had two saves that would have been corrupted if the mod would not be able to repair them.

It seems to have to do with some rare conditions, e.g. when you are not allowed to go to A because you must go to B first. Nothing that a normal player can know. And once that happened you are screwed.
I've always done saves in MC's bedroom. Your mod allows to make saves of different versions compatible, but the latest version of the game I had to start from scratch. Because when using the save from the previous version in the new one, half of all achievements were lost, and it is already impossible to get them again, and the progress of some characters has decreased. So it's better to either play from the very beginning, or choose to start with new content.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I've always done saves in MC's bedroom. Your mod allows to make saves of different versions compatible, but the latest version of the game I had to start from scratch. Because when using the save from the previous version in the new one, half of all achievements were lost, and it is already impossible to get them again, and the progress of some characters has decreased. So it's better to either play from the very beginning, or choose to start with new content.
Well I could not see how this should happen. If a save is good in the previous version, it should be good when loaded with the new version as well. However, due to story changes, some quests are being reset so that the new content can trigger correctly. This is intentional behavior, and this all works surprisingly well considering the complexity of the whole game.

And achievements have nothing to do with saves, they are stored in a different file called "persistent". They should not get lost unless you delete that file. In that case, loading the first save afterwards would restore the achievements according to what had been achieved in that save alone, which would restore some but not all that had been achieved earlier.

Last edited:

jestertlw

Nov 23, 2019
full save pls
If you're just wanting the full gallery unlocked without playing the game, there's a ... uh ... cheat debug menu built into the game that will unlock that for you.

Start game, load or new game, click phone, click wifi icon, wade through the 409157439865 pages of warnings that your game will blow itself and your PC will melt, find the "gallery unlock all", click that, go back main menu, enjoy

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018

Still dunno if I'm the luckiest Summertime player ever or some other weird voodoo magic happens for other dudes, but I'm still using the same save since 0.20 came out almost 2 years ago and I haven't encountered anything bug-worthy. Maybe the big-brain approach of loading into every new build and focusing 1 route at a time helped me ? :unsure:

Aside from that, it's weirder for me to see all the dudes crapping themselves every 2 days with bugged stuff (fail mods and skipping 6 builds excluded) than being alone with a clean save

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Still dunno if I'm the luckiest Summertime player ever or some other weird voodoo magic happens for other dudes, but I'm still using the same save since 0.20 came out almost 2 years ago and I haven't encountered anything bug-worthy. Maybe the big-brain approach of loading into every new build and focusing 1 route at a time helped me ? :unsure:

Aside from that, it's weirder for me to see all the dudes crapping themselves every 2 days with bugged stuff (fail mods and skipping 6 builds excluded) than being alone with a clean save
Yes you may well have been lucky. Just because you don't have that bug does not mean there is no bug. Some only occur when an event is triggered in the evening rather than the day, some others only when other quests are active. and if you don't save at those points but continue and save later, you may escape that problem as well.

The probability for such corrupt saves is low, but not zero. And the game won't tell you about if it happened.

Kred

Apr 12, 2018
I remembered that game today, played it when it was on 19.5, I can't believe it's still on 20.XX.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Save only doesn't do much, you get end game part with no scene unlocked
I remembered that game today, played it when it was on 19.5, I can't believe it's still on 20.XX.
Almost 4 years for your 1st post and it's this ? Great. Maybe check what happened since 0.19.5 came out and you'll find out why we're still on 0.20

• Haha
Reactions: PutaLocura60

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hi Guys,

I just uploaded version 0.20.12-1.10 of the .

This will probably the last content update before the tech upgrade and should be quite stable (I did a complete playthrough without any issues).

Have fun!

Edit: Small update to v1.10b

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 358 Votes