Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Any leaks on scenes for the next update/preupdate?
Next pre-tech is supposedly the mafia girls. Next update is the proper tech, which won't have any lewds. And you got most of everything not lewd for R(h)onda in the streams.

Considering we got pre-tech #4 2 weeks ago, you're way too early for asking new stuff, unless you missed everything in the last 50 pages and ignored said update

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Is it normal for the game to take 2-3 minutes to start up with the Naughty mod installed?
Summertime Saga can take about that amount of time for the first start up of the day - it's not the naughty mod's doing.
Particularly if you have other programs/apps running (web browser, etc).
See #11 in my FAQ about 5 posts before yours: #64,756
It will take longer with Naughty Tribute installed. But that depends on your hardware of course. For me, it takes 45 seconds on PC and up to two minutes on a Galaxy S20 on first startup, and some seconds less on further starts. Well, it's a mod modding a lot of files, this cannot be done without a price.

Reactions: Count Morado

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
It will take longer with Naughty Tribute installed. But that depends on your hardware of course. For me, it takes 45 seconds on PC and up to two minutes on a Galaxy S20 on first startup, and some seconds less on further starts. Well, it's a mod modding a lot of files, this cannot be done without a price.
Thanks for the correction. I assumed it was negligible when compared to the time it takes for loading of the actual game without any mod, and therefore minimalized and generalized in my response.

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
I'd just like to explain why that's inevitable; it's not a failing on the part of the modder. The reason why we can release mods as patches, rather than recompile the whole game, is that Ren'Py looks through all of the assets in the game folder and loads the most recent version of each file. The more files are in the mod, the longer that will take. We can't write better code to speed up load time.

The only way to speed up mod load time would be to remove the modified scripts/images/audio/etc. from the original game and release a clean, mod-only, ready-to-play as-is archive... and then the mod download would be 1.1+ GB instead of the 130 MB that my mod currently is.

TL;DR: longer load times with a mod installed are inevitable because of the way Ren'Py works.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Looking forward to the wallpaper. I love Ronda's second hairstyle, so I hope we'll get to see a bit more of it.

Any leaks on scenes for the next update/preupdate?
Nothing 100% definitive I'd be aware of. It looks like the Mafia girls may get some action... then again, I hardly followed any streams recently.

Reactions: Omniel and owlking

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
how will i manage to not look at the rhonda wallpapers for a year? i don't want to get spoilered

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
Ah man! You could have hidden behind a spoiler tag that there will be rhonda wallpapers. DAMMIT. Ruined. :HideThePain:
consider it a service because now you can start to think about some strategy to avoid spoilers instead of just stumbling upon them unknowingly

rstlnmjr

Nov 7, 2020
Do i need to delete the 0-20-8 installed in order to play this new patch, because I cannot open the 0-20-14 I installed in any way?

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Do i need to delete the 0-20-8 installed in order to play this new patch, because I cannot open the 0-20-14 I installed in any way?
Yes. And this isn't a patch. And not being able to start the game has nothing to do with anything, aside everything being on you. Either your late 1999 toaster hates you now or your phone is giving you hints to stop trying to play games on it. Game works for every1 else and their mom.

rstlnmjr

Nov 7, 2020
Yes. And this isn't a patch. And not being able to start the game has nothing to do with anything, aside everything being on you. Either your late 1999 toaster hates you now or your phone is giving you hints to stop trying to play games on it. Game works for every1 else and their mom.
I understand, thank you, but i don't know why you got so angry, i just said i couldn't start the game, so thank you anyway.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Bud there are a lot of times you talk sense, and there are also a load of times I completely understand your anger, but sometimes you need to take a breath, maybe try meditation or something, your blood pressure must be through the roof.

Reactions: IronManFolgore

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Bud there are a lot of times you talk sense, and there are also a load of times I completely understand your anger, but sometimes you need to take a breath, maybe try meditation or something, your blood pressure must be through the roof.
There's no turning back from the madlad route

• Sad
Reactions: Count Morado
Sep 2, 2017
Info for people: This is just an introduction to the characters (basicly), you have 1 scene with nudity and one with partial. It's an Alpha version so you cant do much (3 minutes of gameplay at best). But the art is spot on and if the creator really grinds out updates and works seriously hard on this then it will be a great game.
Damn, it has been a long road getting from there to here. kind of crazy. At this point, I am kind of intimidated by all the content. XD

nebsama

Aug 10, 2017
Next pre-tech is supposedly the mafia girls. Next update is the proper tech, which won't have any lewds. And you got most of everything not lewd for R(h)onda in the streams.

Considering we got pre-tech #4 2 weeks ago, you're way too early for asking new stuff, unless you missed everything in the last 50 pages and ignored said update
I wasn't "asking for new stuff" I was just curious if he had let slip on stream like he did for the last pretech

4.10 star(s) 357 Votes