Shaka788

Dec 25, 2019
Honestly I should throw a few bones, no pun intended I swear, at the devs. This game deserves it for the effort put in.
I've thought about doing that once the Tech update goes though depending on its quality (I prefer to pay for content rather than paying for the promise of content). That is a lot of work that they didn't really need to do if they were content to just keep milking their current patrons.

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
I've thought about doing that once the Tech update goes though depending on its quality (I prefer to pay for content rather than paying for the promise of content). That is a lot of work that they didn't really need to do if they were content to just keep milking their current patrons.
I wouldn't normally discourage supporting an author, but DC has enough money. Maybe support a project in an earlier stage of development to help out someone just getting started, or give the money to charity instead.

Shaka788

Dec 25, 2019
I wouldn't normally discourage supporting an author, but DC has enough money. Maybe support a project in an earlier stage of development to help out someone just getting started, or give the money to charity instead.
Most of the content creators that are worth supporting quickly develop supporters, and I would rather support a creator that I enjoy the most for a long period of time than support a creator that is new and likely to go MIA in a month. Like I said, I prefer to use my money to pay for content that I have already enjoyed rather than the promise of future content. New content creators rarely have enough content for me to rationalize paying for, and once they have the content, they have the support.

My support would not consist of subscribing to a patron indefinitely, only subscribing until I have supported the creator enough of what I feel they are owed.

Also, paying for personal entertainment and supporting charities are two entirely different avenues of spending.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Most people around here don't pay anything, even more so for a "milking" game in dev since 2016. Highly doubt a large # of duders on this game's Patreon came from here
I am the shining anti-thesis of your theory. I came here to find this world of game niche, and that was when I subscribed for Summertime Saga on Patreon. Since I am the center of the universe, you are clearly wrong.

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
Most of the content creators that are worth supporting quickly develop supporters, and I would rather support a creator that I enjoy the most for a long period of time than support a creator that is new and likely to go MIA in a month. Like I said, I prefer to use my money to pay for content that I have already enjoyed rather than the promise of future content. New content creators rarely have enough content for me to rationalize paying for, and once they have the content, they have the support.

My support would not consist of subscribing to a patron indefinitely, only subscribing until I have supported the creator enough of what I feel they are owed.

Also, paying for personal entertainment and supporting charities are two entirely different avenues of spending.
Yeah, that's not what I meant at all. Of course, support games that you enjoy. It's possible to enjoy a game that is only a year old, and only makes $100 or $1000 per month. Of course, support someone who has been around long enough that they aren't going to go MIA in a month. "New" content creators frequently have enough content in their games for a few hours of gameplay. When I say "new", I don't men "joined yesterday"! :LOL: I'm talking about people who have some support but aren't rich yet. Personally, I choose not to donate money to people who have more money than I do. You're welcome to make rich people even richer if you want, but I prefer that you support struggling artists.

And no, paying for personal entertainment and supporting charities aren't two entirely different avenues of spending. You have some disposable income that you want to give to someone deserving. Someone who made a game that you like is deserving (if they aren't already making more in a month than you make in a year). Charities are also deserving.

Shaka788

Dec 25, 2019
Yeah, that's not what I meant at all. Of course, support games that you enjoy. It's possible to enjoy a game that is only a year old, and only makes $100 or $1000 per month. Of course, support someone who has been around long enough that they aren't going to go MIA in a month. "New" content creators frequently have enough content in their games for a few hours of gameplay. When I say "new", I don't men "joined yesterday"! :LOL: I'm talking about people who have some support but aren't rich yet. Personally, I choose not to donate money to people who have more money than I do. You're welcome to make rich people even richer if you want, but I prefer that you support struggling artists.

And no, paying for personal entertainment and supporting charities aren't two entirely different avenues of spending. You have some disposable income that you want to give to someone deserving. Someone who made a game that you like is deserving (if they aren't already making more in a month than you make in a year). Charities are also deserving.
I am going to spend my money on the entertainment that I enjoy the most and would the most like to see continued. I do not consider my money or my support on Patreon to be a charitable. I am not going to pay for specific content simply because the creator needs it more. If a new artist appears that meets my criteria, then I will add my support all the same. This is why I do not consider paying for entertainment and charity to be in the same league. Money to charity should be based on need, but the money I spend on entertainment is not based on the creator's need, but in the quality of their work and the enjoyment I get from it.

If I was spending money based on need, then you're right, I would be better off spending it on charity. However, for me, this is not the case.

Also, I did not mean that a creator would be gone in a month from first publishing a game, I meant they could be gone in a month from the time of support. I would always prefer that I spend money on a project that will seemingly eventually reach completion, and those projects can be rare to find around here. The long delay between updates for this game is what has caused me so much hesitation until now, but I do believe that reasons behind this update shows a real dedication to making a complete game regardless of how long development is taking.

Last edited:

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
If by "new content" you want wider backgrounds and a few new grils you can't lewd, then enjoy. Been over 1.5 year and people still dunno what's happening. Better call it milking the entire time though
hopefully there's some content with the swimmer girl soon
Come back around April and she might have her route done
So, pre-tech 5 when?
Finally some good content after the last page of people debating whether or not DC makes enough $ per month to warrant going out of their way to donate to him instead of charities. A breath of fresh air sorely needed

• Angry
Reactions: wolfpackjac3

Shaka788

Dec 25, 2019
If by "new content" you want wider backgrounds and a few new grils you can't lewd, then enjoy. Been over 1.5 year and people still dunno what's happening. Better call it milking the entire time though
Spending all that work and time on making a better game (Widescreen ratio = better game) opposed to just cranking out new content kind of does show a commitment to the final project. If he spent that work on new content instead, he'd probably be making more money (pretty sure his Patreon has gone down since the tech work started). This tech update is basically a lot of work for little monetary payoff, because most people only care about the lewd scenes.

Though I did specify that I would need to make sure that the tech update is of quality, because there is always a chance that the tech update was just an excuse to slack off and the release will be shit. If it's a quality release however, I'm not sure how you can possibly accuse him of milking anything when he lost money doing work when he could have just kept releasing content as he was for more money.

I won't give him a dime until I see it though. I do believe that's the smart thing to do. I keep myself away from angst and disappointment that way.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Spending all that work and time on making a better game (Widescreen ratio = better game) opposed to just cranking out new content kind of does show a commitment to the final project. If he spent that work on new content instead, he'd probably be making more money (pretty sure his Patreon has gone down since the tech work started). This tech update is basically a lot of work for little monetary payoff, because most people only care about the lewd scenes.

Though I did specify that I would need to make sure that the tech update is of quality, because there is always a chance that the tech update was just an excuse to slack off and the release will be shit. If it's a quality release however, I'm not sure how you can possibly accuse him of milking anything when he lost money doing work when he could have just kept releasing content as he was for more money.

I won't give him a dime until I see it though. I do believe that's the smart thing to do. I keep myself away from angst and disappointment that way.
The bulk of the tech build (and the reason it takes 2 years) is the complete recoding. That's not content. Hence why people wetdreaming for new stuff will be disapointed

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I am the shining anti-thesis of your theory. I came here to find this world of game niche, and that was when I subscribed for Summertime Saga on Patreon. Since I am the center of the universe, you are clearly wrong.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

OZ2100

Apr 7, 2022
hey just started playing with all the mods and patches. just have a question and explain to me like I'm an unga bunga caveman cuz I suck with tech that much.

how do you add more music tracks to play ambiently? cuz I've seen some vids on hub where the lewd scenes have some jazz or eve party scene had some random music and when I reached there no music. would like to add custom tracks or hear peoples music choices. if its the mods causing any existing tracks to not play let me know. thanks in advances anons.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
hey just started playing with all the mods and patches. just have a question and explain to me like I'm an unga bunga caveman cuz I suck with tech that much.

how do you add more music tracks to play ambiently? cuz I've seen some vids on hub where the lewd scenes have some jazz or eve party scene had some random music and when I reached there no music. would like to add custom tracks or hear peoples music choices. if its the mods causing any existing tracks to not play let me know. thanks in advances anons.
All mods together = massive lol and game will crash soon™
"Patches" are the same, so no need to stack them
You know people can add music on top of their video when they upload them on Pronhub ? Aside not getting nuked by DMCAs for using copyrighted music from the game (yes yes, cry all you want, devs can still claim that)

For your wetdream of adding your own music : unren the archive and find a way to code them yourself. Ask around the mod threads (not here) how and if it's even possible

OZ2100

Apr 7, 2022
All mods together = massive lol and game will crash soon™
"Patches" are the same, so no need to stack them
You know people can add music on top of their video when they upload them on Pronhub ? Aside not getting nuked by DMCAs for using copyrighted music from the game (yes yes, cry all you want, devs can still claim that)

For your wetdream of adding your own music : unren the archive and find a way to code them yourself. Ask around the mod threads (not here) how and if it's even possible

fully aware it can be editing dude but when they dont exactly put info in the description besides tag kinda makes it hard to tell . thanks for the reply

affen123

Oct 6, 2017
Question out of interest.

The pre tech update 5 should now be the last update which content will still appear with ?

Will the Ronda update be ready faster because much has already been drawn?

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Question out of interest.

The pre tech update 5 should now be the last update which content will still appear with ?

Will the Ronda update be ready faster because much has already been drawn?
The stated plan is that pre-tech update 5 is the last before the tech update.
Months later will be the tech update, if all goes as planned.
While it is believed the art is basically completed for R(h)onda storyline update as it is expected to unfold at this time... there is the coding, posing, and anything else that pops up between now and then so don't get too anxious.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes