tankdick

Dec 21, 2017
So the final TECH update is coming. Good to know.
There isn't a "final" tech update. Right now DC is working on a HD update to meet 1920x1080 display, that could be followed by a 21:9 widescreen update, the 4k update, and ultimately the 8k god tier update. I wouldn't say this is the final tech update.

Glorious Cat

Jul 25, 2017
There isn't a "final" tech update. Right now DC is working on a HD update to meet 1920x1080 display, that could be followed by a 21:9 widescreen update, the 4k update, and ultimately the 8k god tier update. I wouldn't say this is the final tech update.
Don't forget the 3D update/remake and then the VR version.
Can't wait :Kappa:

• Haha
Reactions: tankdick

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Don't forget the 3D update/remake and then the VR version.
Can't wait :Kappa:
There is a meme that DC wanted to make the 360 panorama from the lighthouse a VR thing
the only way they finish this game is if everyone bails out of their patreon and they have no more 'safety' net. lol
I guess by "finish", you mean "abandon" if support goes away? Yea, that would work.
DC said he'd continue to make the game alone if the income would drop to 0$/month, so the milkers will never win, nor have a point

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
I wonder if there will be another minor update before doing the final TECH update or DC will go directly for the final TECH update.
the tech update might very well still be ~1-2 years away from now. i really don't think that's an unrealistic estimation if you also consider that there will probably be a huge bug fixing phase once the tracker reaches 99%. i don't think even the DC patreons can swallow such a long wait without getting anything but then again, if you would have told me that the tech update for a freaking ren'py visual novel with some mini games would take 2-4 years back when it was first announced and that the patreons would just take it and there would be people defending this situation in forums i would have never believed you, yet here we are.

Reactions: CoolHandChewie

exirock

Game Developer
May 4, 2018
Explain to us mere mortals how you can split widening backgrounds and recoding the entire game into parts and not have it fuck itself with people having 3+ versions at once

Also, what other animation batch ? DC said with 0.20.16 that it'd be last thing before the tech build. Unless he's backtacking for the 438157634956th time in those 3 months, I call BS on that
First of all we had not too long ago a update for the new coding which was cleaning other peoples mess, now we doing everything again to make it Full HD, so that being sayed, you can indeed split into parts, first coding the minigames into full hd, then handle the backgrounds which is the longest process one and so on, it would be split by sections sorta say then making x content into Full hd then other content, cause that would only fck up everything, right its not even worth trying to make into parts cause we close to the end of it, but wouldnt be surprised after it in 2 or 3 years having another coding update.

Now has for the animation batch or tiny content, you really think the Tech update will be finished in the next 2-3 months when the progress barely moves?, only with good pace and luck they will be able to finish it, believe it or not if in 2 months there is no tech update end yet you will have another batch or tiny content story, cause they have to present something to keep the patreons happy.

Marphey

May 13, 2019
Patreons were really duped by the tech update. At this point i don't think it is really worth it maybe they should have just labeled the current version of the game as completed part 1 and then realse the rest as part 2.

Reactions: GaRbS

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
First of all we had not too long ago a update for the new coding which was cleaning other peoples mess, now we doing everything again to make it Full HD, so that being sayed, you can indeed split into parts, first coding the minigames into full hd, then handle the backgrounds which is the longest process one and so on, it would be split by sections sorta say then making x content into Full hd then other content, cause that would only fck up everything, right its not even worth trying to make into parts cause we close to the end of it, but wouldnt be surprised after it in 2 or 3 years having another coding update.

Now has for the animation batch or tiny content, you really think the Tech update will be finished in the next 2-3 months when the progress barely moves?, only with good pace and luck they will be able to finish it, believe it or not if in 2 months there is no tech update end yet you will have another batch or tiny content story, cause they have to present something to keep the patreons happy.
A what now ? An update for new coding ? The F ? Most of that paragraph is barely readable anyway. So you want base game+HD backgrounds+HD minigames+new code+updates+bugfix+new content+whatever all split into floating parts that don't work alone and you'd need all of them together, in the right order, without missing any, install them correctly and then pray everything above was done by people who can't be bothered to hit ok on the warning when loading a save between builds ? And think that's a better idea than having 1 massive update that does all of that at once without any risk of failing (unless coder dude fucks up) ?

I don't need to think nor believe the tech build will be done in 2 months, cause it won't happen. They don't have to release anything every 3 months (check the FAQ, there's times it took 4+), it just happens to average around 3 months. They can wait past June to drop something, milkers will go batshit crazy about it, and still not be done with the tech (doubtful).

Last edited:

exirock

Game Developer
May 4, 2018
A what now ? An update for new coding ? The F ? Most of that paragraph is barely readable anyway. So you want base game+HD backgrounds+HD minigames+new code+updates+bugfix+new content+whatever all split into floating parts that don't work alone and you'd need all of them together, in the right order, without missing any, install them correctly and then pray everything above was done by people who can't be bothered to hit ok on the warning when loading a save between builds ? And think that's a better idea than having 1 massive update that does all of that at once without any risk of failing (unless coder dude fucks up) ?

I don't need to think nor believe the tech build will be done in 2 months, cause it won't happen. They don't have to release anything every 3 months (check the FAQ, there's times it took 4+), it just happens to average around 3 months. They can wait past June to drop something, milkers will go batshit crazy about it, and still not be done with the tech (doubtful).
For what i read cause im doing same has you barely readable, its possible, the way you painting it feels like a mess cause you clearly dont know how to organize and dont know exactly what works with what, cause you have no clue how coding works, but right now for them its not worth doing by parts, since the close to the end, in a couple months.

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
For what i read cause im doing same has you barely readable, its possible, the way you painting it feels like a mess cause you clearly dont know how to organize and dont know exactly what works with what, cause you have no clue how coding works, but right now for them its not worth doing by parts, since the close to the end, in a couple months.
You've mostly got the hang of commas. If you can learn when to use periods, you'll be able to organize your thoughts into sentences so that other people will be able to make sense of them.

Sgrodolo

Sep 1, 2017
Apparently there were 6 changes in the last 24hr (tm) to the progress bar but both the total tasks and completed ones stayed the same, so what happened exactly?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: StreamSteam
4.00 star(s) 358 Votes