Nov 3, 2017
NO. He posted a poll asking if it would be OK to hire a coder to work on the next project "framework", so when SS was finished, he could start the new one with the basics already good to go.
He stated explicitly that he wouldn't start the new project himself untill SS was totally done.
This way, he'd have a new GUI, and code, before he went to the new project and started artwork/etc

Tigrão

Aug 26, 2017
NO. He posted a poll asking if it would be OK to hire a coder to work on the next project "framework", so when SS was finished, he could start the new one with the basics already good to go.
He stated explicitly that he wouldn't start the new project himself untill SS was totally done.
This way, he'd have a new GUI, and code, before he went to the new project and started artwork/etc
I want to believe.

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
The problem is these devs start one project then move onto something else, and it turns out to be the same thing!
Worry about one thing at a time, finish SS then go onto something else. You can work on different ideas for a new game but at least see the first one thru!

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
The problem is these devs start one project then move onto something else, and it turns out to be the same thing!
Worry about one thing at a time, finish SS then go onto something else. You can work on different ideas for a new game but at least see the first one thru!
DC is not starting a new project but he may hire a new coder to start the coding of a new game so when SS is completely done he can jump right into the new game, just remember SS is only about 14% done.

Reactions: Re-4Andrew
U

User_215882

From what I understand his next game is going to require a massive amount of coding which is why he wants to at least get the foundation set. He still plans on spending most, if not all, his time on SS until its done.

Reactions: Re-4Andrew

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
DC is not starting a new project but he may hire a new coder to start the coding of a new game so when SS is completely done he can jump right into the new game, just remember SS is only about 14% done.
I don't have any problem with that, he's been hiring people for the last 2-3 months. There were 2 people hired during 0.13.
One wanted to do hard coding I don't remember what the other was. Between these damn migraines and all the other games I'm trying out, its hard to keep track of every dev. :biggrin:

rle68

May 28, 2017
im just guessing here but i doubt hed do anything to hurt ss now thats his main cash cow.. if he did hed lose his income and all credibility.. thats not something id think hed dabble with

anonnom

Jul 7, 2017
im just guessing here but i doubt hed do anything to hurt ss now thats his main cash cow.. if he did hed lose his income and all credibility.. thats not something id think hed dabble with
i totally agree.

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
On patron the devs get a small percent of the money donated. If they got a larger percent let say 80% this game would be much further along. IE, you can hire on far more people to help :eek:

PJ95X

Jun 7, 2017
On patron the devs get a small percent of the money donated. If they got a larger percent let say 80% this game would be much further along. IE, you can hire on far more people to help :eek:
Patreon fee is 5% and typical credit card transaction fee is 5%, devs are getting 90%, that is not a "small percentage of the money donated".

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
You can check yourself on Patreon website:

90% author
5% Patreon
5% transaction fees

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
You can check yourself on Patreon website:

90% author
5% Patreon
5% transaction fees
Thats what they say but the devs are saying something else! I stay in contact with devs, (just so you know) they refuse to say, I'm geussing once they sign on with Patron there's a binding contract or Terms Of Agreement and they cannot discuss what the percentage is they actually receive.

Doesn't really matter a F95 member said DC doesnt give a shit about his patron account anyway, and DC hasn't changed the content of his game.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Thats what they say but the devs are saying something else! I stay in contact with devs, (just so you know) they refuse to say, I'm geussing once they sign on with Patron there's a binding contract or Terms Of Agreement and they cannot discuss what the percentage is they actually receive.
Honestly, I really can't understand your arguments.

Why dont'you see yourself?

Do you really want to know the TRUTH? just create your Patreon account and start your page:

4.10 star(s) 357 Votes