Ijustwanttoplay

Nov 23, 2017
I asked about that on Patron the same day as the Halloween Specials release. We will have to wait and see :smileskisses:
Ha, guess blood filled heads think alike. I hate the waiting but it usually feels worth it. It helps that there are so many other games to try out but a lot of them are also not finished.....So until summertimes next installment imma vum back later.

Reactions: Re-4Andrew

shark101

Nov 17, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Great Game!

I wonder if the developers realize that they can't keep stretching/expanding the story forever and eventually, like all good things, this too must come to an end.

Even though ending this story sounds negative, it doesn't have to be. Dark Cookie can start developing another game while this one is winding down, applying similar great graphics, story lines, and game play with the already established dev team of writers, posers...

Besides, a new set of characters and story line would be refreshing. This too, if popularized, which I'm sure would be, can provide lots of cookies for DC and his team to feast on and keep creating awesome game play material.

DC can even use the existing voting system so users can choose from a variety of popular stories.

Some examples;

Cheating Wife Saga - You play as a cheating wife... be careful not to get caught!

Father Daughter Saga - You're a dad that has an immense affection for your daughter and her friends ;)

Swinging Couple Saga - Share your wife with friends and in clubs but you first have to convince her, treat her right and she'll do anything :)

Anyway, I could go on... Kudos to Dark Cookie and his dev team, they have a real gem on their hands!

Thanks

U

User_215882

If you follow the streams he has another game planned after this one. If I remember right, I think its going to have a scifi element to it, but he isn't going to spend much time on it till summertime saga is done.

Also the game is going to be about 5g or more so it has a lot more to go before its close to finish.

Reactions: shark101

VinRiddle

Jun 30, 2017
I wonder if the developers realize that they can't keep stretching/expanding the story forever and eventually, like all good things, this too must come to an end.
You're literally talking about how all things must come to an end when the game your talking about is barely a 1/10 the way complete.
Even though ending this story sounds negative, it doesn't have to be. Dark Cookie can start developing another game while this one is winding down, applying similar great graphics, story lines, and game play with the already established dev team of writers, posers...
Ending the story now wouldn't just be negative, but asinine. The story has barely begun.
Besides, a new set of characters and story line would be refreshing. This too, if popularized, which I'm sure would be, can provide lots of cookies for DC and his team to feast on and keep creating awesome game play material.
These characters and story-lines are new and refreshing given that we don't even really know the storyline or much about most of the cast yet. Hell, the only major story arc even close to being done is the mother.
Cheating Wife Saga - You play as a cheating wife... be careful not to get caught!

Father Daughter Saga - You're a dad that has an immense affection for your daughter and her friends ;)

Swinging Couple Saga - Share your wife with friends and in clubs but you first have to convince her, treat her right and she'll do anything :)
Thanks
I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that the guy who wants a new story/game is suggesting a cuckold storyline over anything else by a 2 to 1 margin. I don't want to sound to harsh, but seriously what are you thinking?

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Great Game!

1) there will be a story for each character (so they said);
2) each update takes a couple of months;
3) take a look at the next updates: house story renew in december, teachers' update in... february?, Roxy&Dexter story in march...

1 + 2 + 3 + ... = game completed in 202X ?

Reactions: ThunderZoo

manneychin

May 8, 2017
How do you get the faintest idea on when the next release occurs with this game?

v0.14.1 was on 13.october. Then, out of the blue?, a poll was made on how to best move forward and v0.14.5 appeared on the roadmap. I loved that as I didn't found any of the other milestones exciting. The .5 suggested a minor release but now we see it actually takes ~2 months.

I really don't understand how the followers of this game should shape their expectations. Almost all the other developers of prominent games I follow - with the notable exception of icstor - either have fixed release dates or they keep in touch by posting every few days about progress. AFAIK, SS only has that progress image which really can't be used to determine how things are going except when the release gets really close to being completed.

So, please enlighten me. How do you shape your expectations about SS release dates?

Caligula

Donor
Aug 22, 2017
How do you get the faintest idea on when the next release occurs with this game?

v0.14.1 was on 13.october. Then, out of the blue?, a poll was made on how to best move forward and v0.14.5 appeared on the roadmap. I loved that as I didn't found any of the other milestones exciting. The .5 suggested a minor release but now we see it actually takes ~2 months.

I really don't understand how the followers of this game should shape their expectations. Almost all the other developers of prominent games I follow - with the notable exception of icstor - either have fixed release dates or they keep in touch by posting every few days about progress. AFAIK, SS only has that progress image which really can't be used to determine how things are going except when the release gets really close to being completed.

So, please enlighten me. How do you shape your expectations about SS release dates?
Don't have any expectations. Watch the progress bar and get excited when they're close to finishing the update.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Well there's never a set date but if you follow DC on stream you'll usually get a feeling of how things are going. At some point he'll be either done with his part of the art and starts drawing for the next update or streams less because he has to draw some final scenes. At that point it's usually more or less 2 weeks until the update follows.

Else there's of course always the progress bar to have a broad idea what's going on.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017

He's got a Picarto channel. Check his Patreon page and his website.

Reactions: aeonium
U

User_215882

With updates it all depends on the artwork. Once thats done everything else goes by rather quickly. I highly doubt DC hires an artist next, but I do hope he finds a 2d animator. That would be a great improvement.

Reactions: aeonium

VinRiddle

Jun 30, 2017
With updates it all depends on the artwork. Once thats done everything else goes by rather quickly. I highly doubt DC hires an artist next, but I do hope he finds a 2d animator. That would be a great improvement.
On that note wasn't he over $20,000 and going to hire more help? I just looked and it's only showing $18,635.

obibobi

May 10, 2017
I really don't understand how the followers of this game should shape their expectations. Almost all the other developers of prominent games I follow - with the notable exception of icstor - ?
I've dabbled with other sex games a few months ago but this is the only one I keep up to date with. Whatever other games you are referring to are a lot simpler. Take Dreams of Desire for instance, like most of these games it was 3D still images and the difference in content between it and Summer Time saga is mammoth.

One personal gripe I would have is that I would prefer dark cookie not worry so much about making the sex scenes properly animated, this of course is personal taste, I would prefer more happening but at a lower quality.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes