Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
One should add: we don't know how far the writing is. That might also be further along than the coding and posing. It's not like writing a story is dependent on how fast someone writes code.
This is true - however, in order to not build a false sense of hope, it would be best to think that none of the writing is done and so the update(s) should take longer. If a person entertains the idea that some/all of the writing is also done and therefore updates should be quicker - this sets up that person for a letdown if that is not the case.

Since we are not informed of the status of any of the aspects of of any updates after the tech update, it would be in the best interest of fans to consider nothing is done for any update after the tech update so as not to build one up with expectations that may be unreasonable. People should only make estimates based upon what is known.

Reactions: AkaiZero

Gizmogobum

Nov 11, 2020
The tech update might be a good business idea but it's gone sideways and the team isn't able to release it as a normal operation. I think it will finish sometime, probably before the end of 2023 but it has been the reason for a lack of progress til now.
More like mid to late 2024 or even early 2025. When it comes to this game and its release schedule never ever hope for a good outcome. That being said, keep on milking dev, you are making bank and people are still excusing this shite behaviour.

cloud77777

Jul 25, 2017
The developer is gonna give one update a month and no one should be happy with that. The updates themselves are just proof of working and give no context to the work or any expectation of how much is left. Him calling it the "first monthly update" implies there's going to be a lot more.

This entire tech update was a mistake. I don't think anyone would have wanted it if they knew how long it would take and no one is going to be satisfied with the result unless it is basically a whole new game's worth of content.

Last edited:

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
the status update makes it sound like the tech update is still months if not years away. i wonder if DC felt forced to release these status updates now because he lost another 500 patreons between april 1st and may 1st (correct me if i'm wrong) and it's starting to hurt his buttom line. could be that he is trying to prevent another drop, the timing of this update at the end of the month seems to indicate that. maybe him losing patreons is actually having an effect even though his defenders said otherwise
Honestly I also have some question marks as to the timing of his decision to do monthly updates after all this time. It could just be nothing, but it's not far fetched to think that he's finally feeling some pressure.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
Honestly, I was just catching up and I saw the whole pregnancy system discussion on the last page and I gotta say: This game (like a lot of the Patreon games here) has a massive scope creep problem. All this game needed to be was a "dating" sim with a bunch of school girls (and the three incest options) that culminated with the player picking an ending in who they take to prom, that's it. The mafia plotline didn't even need it's own cg, patrons did not care about it that much.

There's a version of this game that could have been much more streamlined with things like the monstergirls and pregnancy system being "DLC" after the game was done.
I've been saying this for years, this game would have only benefited from a smaller scope with more focus. That being said, a lot of the fetishes were established very early on, they still could've been implemented in a better way instead of adding way too many ground to cover tho.

RoonilWazlib

Jun 21, 2019
I've always wondered why the devs went with the whole "landlady" route instead of making them stepmom and stepsister. I'm not super into actual incest, so that would have been the ideal solution in my book. Is Patreon really that prudish?

Reactions: Gzowl_LiP

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
I've always wondered why the devs went with the whole "landlady" route instead of making them stepmom and stepsister. I'm not super into actual incest, so that would have been the ideal solution in my book. Is Patreon really that prudish?
They are. What they SHOULD have done is turn Debbie into Dad's girlfriend and Jenny into her daughter from a previous relationship, that way it makes more sense for MC to live with her after his father died and you get enough of an familial vibe while still skirting around Patreon policies by not having them be married. That small detail really makes a difference since the wouldn’t be "legal incest" (which is the entire issue with step-incest).

Sep 9, 2020
I would argue that for a game of this nature "almost everything is drawn by hand" after they get their shit together with the Tech update and all the code biz that is slowing them down the updates will take less time. Specially after their art is done. Call it wishful thinking or whatever, but a single route is not comparable to re-building most of the game.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I would argue that for a game of this nature "almost everything is drawn by hand" after they get their shit together with the Tech update and all the code biz that is slowing them down the updates will take less time. Specially after their art is done. Call it wishful thinking or whatever, but a single route is not comparable to re-building most of the game.
I agree with your last sentence, but that wasn't my argument. My argument is that people shouldn't expect any change in the development cycles from before the tech update timeframe. 2-4 updates per year, depending upon content, etc. The art for R(h)onda's update may almost be done - but the coding most likely hasn't even started, nor the posing, and we know nothing about the script. So maybe it's a 3 month update rather than a 6 month - but again, that's speculation and I am a firm believer in not raising false hopes. Those false hopes breed animosity that we see day in and day out in many game threads on here.

Reactions: Old Hroft

Username7

May 1, 2017
Honestly I also have some question marks as to the timing of his decision to do monthly updates after all this time. It could just be nothing, but it's not far fetched to think that he's finally feeling some pressure.
So end of last week on stream he was talking about how he gets a ton of messages asking about what the fuck is going on so he started toying with a "weekly" update on Patreon so he'd have something to point them at, the other day he said he settled on monthly because apparently taking an hour a week to write a post is to much of a waste of his time and he thinks it'd slow down development if he has to keep asking the team what they've done that week (His words not mine.). It's not like he's the lead dev who should know what his team's doing or that they have both daily morning meetings and a log for all the changes they make anything.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes