sirviper235

Apr 21, 2017
Honestly, this recent post is… interesting to say the least. There’s definitely feels like a reaction to DC noticing his number are dropping, due to a simple lack of progress for months, and no small number of patrons getting tired of it, and deciding to drop it, and simply wait for it to come out.

We have no idea what’s going on behind the scenes, but we can all agree, whether we are defenders or not, that this is simply taking too long, and even if it’s not, it feels to more than a few deliberately drawn out and they’re starting to speak with their wallets.

The monthly updates , kind of come off like a stopgap solution, rather than something good for the game. At this point, I think some people would just prefer if we just dropped the entire tech update. And moved onto the update’s behind it,

Simply, because even when the wait is over, and it’s finally out, it’s probably not even gonna be worth it in plenty of people’s eyes. It has taken frankly way too long and I think all of us can agree with that. DC needs to do more otherwise the number will just keep dropping.

Apr 22, 2019
the status update makes it sound like the tech update is still months if not years away. i wonder if DC felt forced to release these status updates now because he lost another 500 patreons between april 1st and may 1st (correct me if i'm wrong) and it's starting to hurt his buttom line. could be that he is trying to prevent another drop, the timing of this update at the end of the month seems to indicate that. maybe him losing patreons is actually having an effect even though his defenders said otherwise
The last time I checked was around 50000$, now back to almost 60k, so I highly doubt he cares about a 500-drop. As long as people wait without questions, because inquiries here and on his patreon get mocked by the same ones, nothing will speed up or change and on that side I agree with some of them, that is just go checking something else meantime.
However I'm curious about these "planned" status updates as to me it seems they're indirectly admitting they did nothing over the latest 2+ years, apart tossing some x-wallpapers/meager scenes every now and then. And I agree the tech update isn't coming soon.

Kaiki-tan

Nov 3, 2022
That's gonna hurt! A LOT! You thought passing a kidney stone through the urethra was painful...
I don't know why, but you reminded me of a hyena's life in a nutshell. Either ends up splitting the peen when giving birth, killing the gal or suffocating the cub death... The more you know :HideThePain:.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Dragon59

enfuego

Feb 10, 2018
Honestly, this recent post is… interesting to say the least. There’s definitely feels like a reaction to DC noticing his number are dropping, due to a simple lack of progress for months, and no small number of patrons getting tired of it, and deciding to drop it, and simply wait for it to come out.

We have no idea what’s going on behind the scenes, but we can all agree, whether we are defenders or not, that this is simply taking too long, and even if it’s not, it feels to more than a few deliberately drawn out and they’re starting to speak with their wallets.

The monthly updates , kind of come off like a stopgap solution, rather than something good for the game. At this point, I think some people would just prefer if we just dropped the entire tech update. And moved onto the update’s behind it,

Simply, because even when the wait is over, and it’s finally out, it’s probably not even gonna be worth it in plenty of people’s eyes. It has taken frankly way too long and I think all of us can agree with that. DC needs to do more otherwise the number will just keep dropping.
Honestly, I was just catching up and I saw the whole pregnancy system discussion on the last page and I gotta say: This game (like a lot of the Patreon games here) has a massive scope creep problem. All this game needed to be was a "dating" sim with a bunch of school girls (and the three incest options) that culminated with the player picking an ending in who they take to prom, that's it. The mafia plotline didn't even need it's own cg, patrons did not care about it that much.

There's a version of this game that could have been much more streamlined with things like the monstergirls and pregnancy system being "DLC" after the game was done.

sirviper235

Apr 21, 2017
Honestly, I was just catching up and I saw the whole pregnancy system discussion on the last page and I gotta say: This game (like a lot of the Patreon games here) has a massive scope creep problem. All this game needed to be was a "dating" sim with a bunch of school girls (and the three incest options) that culminated with the player picking an ending in who they take to prom, that's it. The mafia plotline didn't even need it's own cg, patrons did not care about it that much.

There's a version of this game that could have been much more streamlined with things like the monstergirls and pregnancy system being "DLC" after the game was done.
honestly, I agree. Pretty much everyone especially agreed on the main story. Nobody really like it that much and it really shouldn’t have been foucused on when it did. It honestly should’ve been the last thing for the game.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Davai099

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
There's indeed a limit on how much you can include into one game/story before it impacts the writing in a bad way. These are just basic principles and in many cases a little can greatly improve the overall product. It's the same with features, too.

You'll either have to explain/introduce extraordinary stuff (like the monster girls, for example) or you'll have to hope that it's small enough so the average player without OCD won't mind (like the telescope, for example). A pregnant futa or even trans person without vagina on the other hand sits pretty much in between these things doesn't really have a place in SS in my opinion.

I'm not saying that you can't write a game where it's the most normal thing in the world - this just isn't it.
Hey, this is not my discussion. I'm just saying, nothing is normal in this game. And you would not be forced to impregnate StEve, nor are you to boink Aqua, if it kills your immersion.

Reactions: poopfartshitcum

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017

The problem is that we don't know how difficult the old coding would actually make adding content going forward. If you ask me, they should have made this tech update a long time ago when it was less of an issue to implement, but the Patrons had spoken that they wanted the routes first.

dirgetka

Aug 17, 2017
monthly status updates are probably a wise idea given that we can go 50 days at a time without the progress bar appearing to move. Would allay concerns that things are still happening despite the apparent lack of movement. Interesting change of tack though; you'd have to think something happened behind the scenes to make DC feel this was necessary

sirviper235

Apr 21, 2017
The problem is that we don't know how difficult the old coding would actually make adding content going forward. If you ask me, they should have made this tech update a long time ago when it was less of an issue to implement, but the Patrons had spoken that they wanted the routes first.
I agree we should’ve gone this a long time ago. Frankly the wait would not be so bad. If this happened earlier in the games, lifespan. It is honestly starting to feel deliberately dragged out.

sirviper235

Apr 21, 2017
monthly status updates are probably a wise idea given that we can go 50 days at a time without the progress bar appearing to move. Would allay concerns that things are still happening despite the apparent lack of movement. Interesting change of tack though; you'd have to think something happened behind the scenes to make DC feel this was necessary
Perhaps the patrons starting to leave is a factor. More likely DC maybe getting nervous that people are getting more and more annoyed at how long it’s taking.

Reactions: GoneHunting

StJesuz

Donor
Jan 17, 2018
The tech update might be a good business idea but it's gone sideways and the team isn't able to release it as a normal operation. I think it will finish sometime, probably before the end of 2023 but it has been the reason for a lack of progress til now.

Reactions: andyboj

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I wonder how fast the updates will be after tech comes out.
Not fast.
In the videos on Picarto he is or was working on art for future updates, for example the locations. So it is good possible that the next update(s) will be faster.
There is still writing, coding, posing and playtesting. The art already being done may take a week or so off (because of layering of tasks between the various staff) - but little more. Also, as the dialogue and narrative writing for each update gets more fleshed out - there is always some additional art or revisions to already made art that is needed. I would not get up false hopes that updates will be any faster than they were before the tech update.

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
Not fast.
There is still writing, coding, posing and playtesting. The art already being done may take a week or so off (because of layering of tasks between the various staff) - but little more. Also, as the dialogue and narrative writing for each update gets more fleshed out - there is always some additional art or revisions to already made art that is needed. I would not get up false hopes that updates will be any faster than they were before the tech update.
One should add: we don't know how far the writing is. That might also be further along than the coding and posing. It's not like writing a story is dependent on how fast someone writes code.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes