PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
Finally, what does it matter if a title - any title on this sight - gets marked abandoned? It doesn't change whatever the developer is or isn't doing. It's not like they say "Oh fuck, F95 marked my VN abandoned. I might as well just dump everything in the trash" or "Fuck, now I gotta get off my ass." Some might do either of them, but the average developer won't care. And a successful developer would care even less.

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
Also, even when an abandoned tag is given to a game - people still go into the threads and pine for what was and what could have been. They wax nostalgic about the lost potential. They beg for the developer to come back.
Milfy City thread is a pretty good example lol. No matter how "bad" DC is, he'll never be fucking ICSTOR when it comes to fleecing patrons.

• Haha
Reactions: TaurusBR

IdleGuy

Aug 7, 2016
He's actually really active in the thread for Light of My Life (good taste), which itself can get hella salty due to long development times. In between discussions of bears and catapults and catapulting bears.
I don't think they're really comparable other than the objective fact that time between releases skews the same and long. Yes NaughtyRoad takes an incredibly long time but he's updating you every step of the way, you can see the progress bars (or the equivalent with that weird head fill thing he does), so I have no issue there.

Meanwhile DarkCookie has been stuck on this shit for like 3 years now, the progress bar has been stuck on 80% for like half of that time, every time progress update are asked it's usually in the line of "we had unforeseen problems with the backgrounds", his streams are usually either very relaxed drawing sessions of backgrounds or future content (which is totes ready to release after this update, by the way ;) ) and any inclination this is actually being worked one is a case of "just trust me, bro" and, gotta say, that trust is running a bit thin.

SonofOrion

Sep 30, 2019
For crying out loud. Enough with the "It's taking too long... It is abandoned... It is never coming out" Bullshit. There needs to be a thread that they can go to, or be linked to; and get the hell out of this one.

Last edited:
  • Hey there
Reactions: hu lover

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
For crying out loud. Enough with the "It's taking too long... It is abandoned... It is never coming out" Bullshit. There needs to be a thread that they can go to, or be linked to; and get the hell out of this one.
He is right, this game is not getting updates anymore. There hasn't been any recent news on this game anyways.

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
He is right, this game is not getting updates anymore. There hasn't been any recent news on this game anyways.
So why keep moaning about it if it's such an established fact. Jesus Christ, it's like the unholy bastard child of a broken record and a circlejerk inside here. Can this goddamned topic stop being brought up every five fucking posts?

sucklepuck

May 3, 2019
So, would it be against the rules if I were to make a "DarkCookie is a fuckface milker" thread? Just asking.
I'm not trying to cause a great exodus or anything I swear.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
So, would it be against the rules if I were to make a "DarkCookie is a fuckface milker" thread? Just asking.
I'm not trying to cause a great exodus or anything I swear.
As long as you create a new discussion thread, since they are unmoderated, I don't think anyone would stop you.

Bababoooey

May 4, 2017
Per F95 rules, it will be marked abandoned if someone reports it May 1, 2024 and no update by that time. Set yourself a reminder. You took my quote out of context.
View attachment 2869775
You whined, incorrectly, that the progress bar hadn't moved but 1% in the six months in question. I simply replied that it had moved by 13%. I made no statement how I felt about it or my hopes. So, let's get that straight, right up. So your first "gotcha moment" is more a meh.

In the past year and a half it has moved another 12%. You are correct. I also have been saying for a little bit of time, that I don't expect an update until sometime spring 2024 at the earliest... and probably later. So your second "gotcha moment" is a ho-hum.

Finally, what does it matter if a title - any title on this sight - gets marked abandoned? It doesn't change whatever the developer is or isn't doing. It's not like they say "Oh fuck, F95 marked my VN abandoned. I might as well just dump everything in the trash" or "Fuck, now I gotta get off my ass." Some might do either of them, but the average developer won't care. And a successful developer would care even less.

Also, even when an abandoned tag is given to a game - people still go into the threads and pine for what was and what could have been. They wax nostalgic about the lost potential. They beg for the developer to come back.

And there will still be trolls who come in and bitch "update when?"
Yea i said it "hadnt moved" just like it hadnt moved in the last 1.5years (bc it went up by just fucking 12%max, 82% now). Get it

randommal3

Oct 14, 2018
here's my concern : When the Update finally comes, will our Save Data on the Current update be Compatible with the New Version ?
i know there's a Skip Button but it will be a Shame if Our Progress from the Previous version can't be used

Reactions: SonofOrion

SonofOrion

Sep 30, 2019
here's my concern : When the Update finally comes, will our Save Data on the Current update be Compatible with the New Version ?
i know there's a Skip Button but it will be a Shame if Our Progress from the Previous version can't be used
I know. I've been wondering that too.

SonofOrion

Sep 30, 2019
There are 3 new wall papers released on Patreon. This should suggest that the game is still in production. That is too counter the 3,000 pages of "The game is dead"... Maybe more.

Vernalcash

May 20, 2017
Most likely no. They are revamping all the code.

9phil9

Jun 28, 2018
Sure label anyone who is complaining about the state of the thread a supporter, a shill or a paypig. For people like you there can only be black and white.
I didn't label anyone, anything. You, on the other hand, did. (You called supporters a, "paypig" ? ) Not my words. Just yours.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes