Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
I'm a web developer myself and you clearly have no idea of what you are talking about. I would say roughly 80% of the colleagues I've met really enjoy what they do, and would not do anything else for a living.
There are so many self taught youngsters, or more experienced people that achieve overwhelming projects, on their free time, for free, as a hobby. Hell, do you even know the principle of "open source software" ? Some, if not most, of these projects are free. The whole linux ecosystem is built on the work of people doing it by passion.
It's a shame people like you can be so ignorant and still blatantly giving their opinions on a subject they have no idea of.
Careful guys, we got a real egghead here! ;)

Cube78

May 10, 2020
Show me even a single coder who has a passion for any work he does. Working with code is one of the most thankless and mind numbing things in the world.
Here I am.
I am an embedded SW engineer and, as an hobby, I have fun designing my personal web application for a FantaCycling game I play with some my friends.
Solving technical issues provides a satisfaction feeling that is hard to explain to "muggles".

InfamousAone

Jan 22, 2018
So I have said this before. Getting total Simbro vibes from this game
As a refresher. Simbro was this cool little flash game with a simple design and decent story.
The dev dies in a car accident and someone tried to string people along for months. Ironically it still has more paid subs than some active games on this site.

We are at a year out+ and nothing to show for it. This game would have to end up being better than biggest game release ever to make up for the pent up frustration of the cucks.. I mean subs to this game.

Such a sad end to a good game
It really is mate,my first and my favourite game...and it came down to this...I'm just sorry for the people giving this dude their money.

Mandragoron

Aug 20, 2018
So I said to myself, I want to play through Summertime Saga again from the start, I'll just wait for the next content patch first.
So, that was 2 and a half years ago...
The sad thing is, then this new tech patch comes out (if)... It will be no new content just a tech update o_O so yeah if you are waiting for new content.. i think you can wait at least 2 more years...

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Do you known how many of them are pissing off before to now?
Do you? No. However many are pissed off, they have every ability to stop subscribing. But many aren't, are they? It's not like DC gets 30k new subscribers each month - the vast majority remain with him month after month after month after month. It's their money, it's their choice, and they appear fine enough with it to remain subscribers. They don't need to subscribe to get access to the game. The game is available for free for all. They subscribe for completely other reasons. Their own reasons. But it's you that can't comprehend that, obviously.

Yet, here you and others are in a discussion forum where you can download the game for free ... a game that is also made available for free directly by the developer on their own website... whining and bitching and complaining day in and day out about how it's not fair, about how people are being scammed, about milking, about so many other things that have nothing to do with you, nothing to do with having access to and playing the game that is available right now, nothing to do with actually anything except that you can get more content that you want "now daddy." It's all a bunch of supposed adults of acting like Veruca Salt.

Wait they put it back up to 74% now, still with "0 changes in last 24h" gotta fucking love it :KEK:
You checked 2 or more times in the same day? Anyway, it was probably an update in the number of tasks that flipped it back and forth.

For example, on - 640 tasks:
1701063654854.png
At this moment - 658 tasks:
1701063629960.png

While percentage is one thing to consider, the number of tasks is important as well.
It appears that Posing has increased by 18 tasks in the previous 5 days, but that 3 of their previously completed tasks had issues and they had to roll them off and back into the workflow. At the same time, Writing has ticked off 6 tasks as complete and Code has done the same with 2 tasks.
As a result - the total number of tasks increased, but so did the total number of them completed. The task count will continue to be modified as they progress in this development because when people work on things, other things which are affected are revealed - whether as needing to be added for attention or "oh, doing this solved that - we don't need to do that now."

Is it taking very long? Yup. Is it worth it? Dunno. Is it important enough to the development team? Seems like it. Will we ever know? Time will tell. Should we fixate on it? Probably not.

Last edited:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Tech update seems bigger than GTA 6
Seeing as more people have downloaded STS than have played six of the seven current GTA titles (and perhaps, even more than GTA V)... perhaps.*
*Note, the "perhaps" is a tongue-in-cheek reply for those who think I'm being serious about the comparison between STS and GTA 6. That said, it is true that STS has had more downloads than any single GTA title had units sold, except for maybe GTA V (maybe). From , , there have been over 70 million downloads of STS (66 million of those downloads from android users). 30 million of those downloads since the start of the tech update. Again, that's just from one site.

4.00 star(s) 359 Votes