Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Alright, so, what the fuck are we getting with this update? Is it now going to contain things were supposed to be separate from the tech update?
No. Only expect the tech update. Anything further would add even more time. Just expect the tech update and the tech update only --- at least 5 months from now, probably longer.

XCelesX

Jun 2, 2020
Oh boy! I can't wait for christmas wallpapers. Those will be 100% perfection. I mean DC had a whole year to concentrate on those so they will be god tier Jenny pics and we will get another message that ignores the elephant in the room and just wishes everyone nice christmas and a happy new year!

KillerBee487

Sep 18, 2022
Being a Summertime Saga fan is a kind of spiritual journey or a journey towards acceptance that nothing is going to change no matter what you do.
1.-In a first phase you enjoy the game, open the cookie jar, visit the wiki and do everything you can to squeeze the game and squeeze yourself. I call this phase the "Honeymoon phase".
2.-In a second phase, you realize that there is no more content but you still support DC as a hardcore fan, you enjoy his live streams and you defend in this forum their work no matter how much the other people criticize it. You even consider becoming a subscriber. The "Plateau or stability phase"
3.-In a third phase you realize that it's going to be 2 years and a half without content, you no longer find the live streams entertaining and an irrepressible rage takes hold of you. You become incapable of opening the game, and everything related to it disgusts you so much, that you come here to cry constantly and try to make all the forumers realize that they are being milked. No doubt, this is the "Berserker phase", and it is very difficult to get out of it.
4.-Finally, we reach the "Buddhist phase". A phase in which you accept that your money (or not) has gone down the drain, that Summertime Saga was just a dream and that maybe the tech update will never come out. And that you have to go on living no matter what. You accept your anger, and even if from time to time you look at the progress bar, you know that nothing will change and that the best thing to do is to dive for hours in F95 to be happy again.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
serious question, who is using summertime saga as their wallpaper?
Very few people, I suppose. It's just DC's way of teasing/pre releasing some coming ingame art. He may as well call them cut scene spoilers or so.

f95zoneguy

Jan 14, 2018
>Thread Updated: 2022-10-31
>Release Date: 2022-10-31

Is this accurate? I have been checking in on this game once or twice a year for the past... almost 5 years now. I remember big gaps in between releases but a year seems really big.

Stareagle lord

Aug 8, 2017
Which is fine, and I would even agree that the tech update has been a big waste of time and it will have to be seen if it was really worth it. But this is mainly a statement for people demanding the abandoned tag, which we have seen is not the case since we see him actively working on it. Now as to the worth of said work, that's an entirely different matter. But people can't claim DC is doing nothing, because that's not true.

He really ought to have gotten someone who keeps an eye on the rest of the crew though.
Might be worth it if he also were after this game, be able to use the engine to make another good game.
I think once the 'new tech' engine drops, he probably will have 2 games running or 3
and keep updating this game for a few years...

Stareagle lord

Aug 8, 2017
Unless something happens - the games will never finish. DC will keep adding content on to this until he gets tired of doing so. People need to stop thinking that games need to be "completed," especially games on the patronage model. There's no motivation to complete a game to get it on shelves for sale to earn revenue, the revenue already comes in monthly.
I do appreciate that DC made it very clear in that announcement that the tech update will not include the Rhonda update. Now we can stop having people try to get their hopes up about that happening so that they can then bitch about it not happening. Straight up, folks... it ain't happening. Just the tech update.
It won't have Rhonda update, but it might have added update or new stuff to former arts because the coding itself seems to be taking ages...

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
>Thread Updated: 2022-10-31
>Release Date: 2022-10-31

Is this accurate? I have been checking in on this game once or twice a year for the past... 4 years now?? A year gap seems bigger than what I remember.
If you've been checking on this game once or twice a year, then you are aware of what's going on with the tech update. If not... See #10 and #9 of the 95th posting of my FAQ here: #73,396. The 96th will be posted in the next few days.
Might be worth it if he also were after this game, be able to use the engine to make another good game.
I think once the 'new tech' engine drops, he probably will have 2 games running or 3
and keep updating this game for a few years...
No, he won't. He'll continue focusing on Summertime Saga.
It won't have Rhonda update, but it might have added update or new stuff to former arts because the coding itself seems to be taking ages...
Yes, there will be some new art - as he has already stated - including new locations. But it won't have anything significant. Any new art adds to coding as well. Any new characters or poses adds to coding as well.

Don't get your hopes up by attempting to force some dreams into it. It's only going to be the tech update and the tech update, only - nothing else but which has already been stated up front. People read these prognostications and then they get it in their head that DC said it and then come back 6 months later to bitch why it didn't happen when it never was supposed to.

It's only the tech update and any new art/locations that DC has announced. Nothing more.

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
I think new art scenes in the vein of intros for the girls seems like a solid addition if only from a narrative perspective.

Reactions: Omniel
4.00 star(s) 359 Votes