Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
I just looked at rule34 and did a search for the name. And some of the ones reminded me of something.

SS was one of the earliest things i saw with an Xray cam, and i discovered i like that.

But iirc, the Xray has steadily been removed as the reworks uodates came out.

Hopefully those are re-added.
The Xrays being gone is probably a good thing, since they absolutely made no anatomical sense sometimes. Especially MC's hyperschlong taken into the equation.

Amedore

Jul 6, 2018
[178/255] 69%

atm... will be probably in quarter 3 80% again on the code work...

So tech-update id wager if it comes... it will most likely be 2025 sometime.
if it goes on to 2026 i would not be suprised...
And it's a tech-update, I mean, it's just toying with the code because they screw it up when they started the game, back in 2016, no actual new content in next update, right?

Reactions: tankdick

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
And it's a tech-update, I mean, it's just toying with the code because they screw it up when they started the game, back in 2016, no actual new content in next update, right?
You are correct in that no one should expect any new lewd content in the game. There will be some new locations, etc. But don't expect anything more in the terms of lewd than what is already in it.

That being said, you are incorrect about "it's just toying with the code." It's a lot more than toying. It's essentially rewriting 26mb of code and narrative, updating all images from 4:3 display ratio to 16:9, reposing image layers onto the new ratio backgrounds - that's over 1600 images to work with, and more.

Here's a breakdown on the original goals of the Tech Update. Here are the monthly reports for Dec 2023, Nov 2023, Oct 2023, Sep 2023, Aug 2023, Jul 2023, Jun 2023, May 2023 on its status.

Amedore

Jul 6, 2018
You are correct in that no one should expect any new lewd content in the game. There will be some new locations, etc. But don't expect anything more in the terms of lewd than what is already in it.

That being said, you are incorrect about "it's just toying with the code." It's a lot more than toying. It's essentially rewriting 26mb of code and narrative, updating all images from 4:3 display ratio to 16:9, reposing image layers onto the new ratio backgrounds - that's over 1600 images to work with, and more.

Here's a breakdown on the original goals of the Tech Update. Here are the monthly reports for Dec 2023, Nov 2023, Oct 2023, Sep 2023, Aug 2023, Jul 2023, Jun 2023, May 2023 on its status.
Sincerely, I stopped reading after "no one should expect any new lewd content in the game." How badly they screwed up the code at the beginning of the development and how they are trying to fix it now, it's not important for me. Just that they are failing miserably so far, after 14 months; they probably should have taken the opportunity to remake this game from scratch, but making it smaller, with less characters, locations, etc. since they clearly don't have the technical know-how to make such a big game.

Jul 14, 2023
This tech update has become a 'tale of legend', for all the wrong reasons. This game is old now, in it's day, it was amazing, but now it isn't and better games exist. Dark Cookie has fed off his devoted followers like a vampire...he has them under his spell and they believe in him and trust him. Parasites feed off their hosts...and Dark Cookie is starting to look like one. He is charging his subscribers whilst giving them nothing in return...they are happy to pay because they believe in the end result.
It's like Christians...they believe that they will get their reward in Heaven...Bummer if they don't however. I personally wouldn't spin that roulette wheel. Chances are you lose! you bet your existence and you lost! No replays...to hell with that!
If Dark Cookie has even an ounce of morality left, he would disable the monthly charge for his subscribers until the tech update is finished.
It's the right thing to do.

manneychin

May 8, 2017
If Dark Cookie has even an ounce of morality left, he would disable the monthly charge for his subscribers until the tech update is finished.
It's the right thing to do.
:cautious: Dude... At the end of the current month (Jan-2024) DC will have finally cashed in more $ for arduously working on the Tech Update vaporware over the past ~3 years than he cashed in the 5 years before FOR ALL THE STORIES EVER DELIVERED by Summertime Saga.
And you think he'll "disable the monthly charge"?! Does DC need to posts a big "THIS IS A SCAM" flashing neon sign on or will even that not be enough for you to figure it out?
  • 03-Dec-2020: Tech Update is sold by DC to paying supporters as something that'll take "(3 to 4 months) to complete" and voted on as such. This is what supporters approved.
    • See Ref. 1 below.
  • 14-Feb-2021: DC first claims that he already started work on the Tech Update and the team is just about to join him.
    • See Ref. 2 below.
  • Mar-2021 (2 years 9+ months ago): Last ever normal/story release of Summertime Saga: v0.20.5 (Main Story - Part III)
  • Aug-2016..Mar-2021: $2,112,659 total paid by Patreon supporters over ~5 years for all SS stories ever delivered.
    • See Ref. 3 below.
  • Apr-2021..Dec-2023: ~$2,111,693 total paid by Patreon supporters over 2 years and 9 months for the Tech Update vaporware.
    • See Ref. 3 below.
At the end of the current month the second total will finally surpass the first.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Ref. 3: Income was recorded by up to Oct-2023 when the scammer hid the value. For the last 3 months of 2023 historical trends comfortably allow estimation using $ paid / supporter, which was estimated as continuing to drop at: 2.2, 2.1 and 2.1.

Last edited:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
  • Aug-2016..Mar-2021: ___ total paid by Patreon supporters over ~5 years for all SS stories ever delivered.
  • Apr-2021..Dec-2023: ___ total paid by Patreon supporters over 2 years and 9 months for the Tech Update vaporware.
Your ill-informed and incorrect rant is off-topic per F95 General Rules.
1705714811030.png

So I replied to you in the off-topic thread.

Last edited:

TFurguson69

Sep 9, 2019
This game is taking longer than Bethesda to develop Star Field. And Star Field SUUUUUCKED
So what are the odds that DC will stick the landing on a dev time that is longer than a triple A title?

Someone please give us those lottery numbers

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes