srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Most likely. The whole point (well, the main point anyways) of the tech update was to get save file compatibility in the future. So, in theory, this should be the last time a new start is needed.

This update should have been done ages ago, but stupid Patreon voters always demanded more content updates even when it was clear that it'd make the inevitable tech update just to take longer at some point. Of course, nobody probably would have imagined it'd take THIS long. I don't even think the long duration of this one is due to lazyness (mainly), but simply because those dudes suck at coding. And I'm kinda doubting save file compatibility will be achieved for the future, more likely they'll introduce even more bugs they can't get rid of. That's the real thing I'm curious about with this update.
Save compatibility is in the game since several years now. The Tech Update will require a fresh save, though. Most likely they will also provide a 100%-Pre-Tech save.

elbo911

Dec 1, 2018
Save compatibility is in the game since several years now. The Tech Update will require a fresh save, though. Most likely they will also provide a 100%-Pre-Tech save.
That's not how I remember it, but I admit my recollection from way back then may be a bit foggy. :unsure:

Yuki-x

Jul 22, 2021
This month we have some BIG anniversaries.

First, just days ago the $2.16+ million paid for the Tech Update vaporware finally surpassed the $2.11 million previously paid for all the stories ever actually delivered by Summertime Saga. That's quite an achievement for both DC and his paying patreons!
View attachment 3320428
We're quickly coming up on 3 years of: Wallpapers, gruesome 8 h work weeks, word salad status updates (e.g. this month: renamed some files, assisted the assistant to my assistant with an assist), rEcODiNg eNGineEE, aimlessly doodling rando shit on stream, vacations, progress bar that doesn't show actual progress, micro side-releases nobody asked for, vacations, "(3 to 4 months) to complete", thousands of people hired and fired in da' team don't worry we work very much, etc. etc. etc. etc.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Second will come a little later.
:cool: DarkCookie deserves everyone's admiration. :giggle:
And with this "humble" income I'm pretty sure, he can spare some change, of his hard working earned money to hire a bunch of bozos to defend him in the various forums, discord, etc.

edit:
a small tip...
add to your ignore list the 6+ hired bozos and this thread becomes silent as a whisper...

Last edited:

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Well shit, will Roxxy ever be able to get impregnated by MC then?
Her update already lost a poll, so it's certainly on DC's agenda. More so, as he already created art for Missy's part, too.
I loved the yesterday live stream! Finaly a work on preggo Debbie!!
It's kinda sad that this kind of actual game information/discussion doesn't even get a single reply. Looks like by now way too many people care more about the money than they do care about the game.
So do we start from beginning again cus i have finished all the quest?
As said, there'll almost certainly be a 100% save. Then again, they have been reworking most assets and have added a lot of small stuff, so there'll be countless small reworked/new details to see. Because of those you'd likely want to replay the game at some point.
That's not how I remember it, but I admit my recollection from way back then may be a bit foggy. :unsure:
Saves have been compatible since Eve's update.

Last edited:

randommal3

Oct 14, 2018
1. Game is not released any update for a Month or More.
2. The Players grow impatient and put a Protest to boycott the Game Dev.
3. The Game Dev give a small update monthly(With Noods)
4. Satisfied. Going back to Life and gets Excited.
5. Discussing about the Update while Waiting.
6. Back to Number 1.

That's what i saw everytime i checked out this Thread.

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
1. Game is not released any update for a Month or More.
2. The Players grow impatient and put a Protest to boycott the Game Dev.
3. The Game Dev give a small update monthly(With Noods)
4. Satisfied. Going back to Life and gets Excited.
5. Discussing about the Update while Waiting.
6. Back to Number 1.

That's what i saw everytime i checked out this Thread.
Maybe they should try a petition, maybe that'll work. :^)

• Haha
Reactions: Arawn576 and hooter

Kaiki-tan

Nov 3, 2022
They could also just do the mature thing, wash their hands off it and move on with their lives. Hah, I know, silly thing to consider, right?

At least they don't have some Autismus Maximus there doing excel sheets...yet.
I 100% agree lad. Honestly, I personally stopped caring about it the second that first trailer and info dump came out, I said "fuck this" and really only kept looking at the dumpster fire from afar.

You can't deny though, in an amusing sense it's fairly entertaining lol, it's similar to watching the Batman Arkham reddit implode after this week's Suicide Squad release :KEK: .

• Haha
Reactions: GucciGang69

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
I 100% agree lad. Honestly, I personally stopped caring about it the second that first trailer and info dump came out, I said "fuck this" and really only kept looking at the dumpster fire from afar.

You can't deny though, in an amusing sense it's fairly entertaining lol, it's similar to watching the Batman Arkham reddit implode after this week's Suicide Squad release :KEK: .
I dropped out of the fandom after City because I could tell that Knight was gonna be shit, so I can't say I honestly care about what Suicide Squad did lol.

Kaiki-tan

Nov 3, 2022
I dropped out of the fandom after City because I could tell that Knight was gonna be shit, so I can't say I honestly care about what Suicide Squad did lol.
You're doing yourself a favor lad, as a Rocksteady fan that Suicide Squad game broke me... Still pisses me off thinking that we could've had a single player Superman game by now if WB and the committee weren't such greedy bastards. Oh well, it is what it is lol.

Also good taste with Arkham City (y), that game was something very special. Although I don't think Knight was bad either, but it definitely was a downgrade story-wise (the visuals/gameplay were great tho).

Reactions: Senigata

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Is it me wrong, or did the percentage got decrease?
I remember it was 86% 3 month ago
You are correct. The total tasks were 554 in early November, not the 660 listed today.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
What was actually completed and what still needs completed is not necessarily changed - just how it is measured.

Just wait until that final bar starts to increase... 1707010525782.png . Then watch the shit hit the fan in here with the percentage complete bottoming out like a junkie waiting three years for a fix... oh, wait.

Reactions: Andromeda19

SemenDaemon

Nov 4, 2023
DC is not employed by you.

Nobody pays him to do anything at all.

That does not create any obligation other than what was promised on the Patreon page

if people pay him money on Patreon, how can any sane person think that there arises any obligation out of that?

does he have to get divorced and work 24/7 just to meet some weird expectations?

Sorry, that's not how life works, and it's certainly not how Patreon works.

I know you will not accept that answer. Feel free to reply or don't, I don't care.

So funny :ROFLMAO:

No, nobody's obligated to do anything outside of TOS/contract. No, I'm not entitled to anything. No I wasn't talking about him drawing faster either. I don't see anyone asking him to draw faster or "divorce his wife and work 24/7" :KEK:. This is all YOU my guy.

As for the rest you're saying it's okay to do nothing more than simply collect the money because you technically can and because you technically don't have to do anything more once you hit the goals.
Speaking of life. Not everyone shares your "do the bare minimum" mentality in real life. You know that. You know exactly why and how this works irl. That's why you bring up TOS and resort to technicality.
If you don't then I suggest you try it out. Do the bare minimum at your job and hit them with technicalities about your contract, see how that works out. Or just go up to people and do it in conversations.

DC also doesn't just work for "fun", it's his job. he's getting paid by patrons. Someone compared this to a museum, sure let's go with that. Some pay the museum to have art on display and others can go for free. If the museum gets a shitload of new donations and doesn't expand the gallery, whether or not it's coming out of your pocket, going "wait wtf are you doing with the money?" is a fair question to ask and if the museum goes "well we're not obligated as per the agreement and we always wanted a small museum so it's going to the director than organizes the pieces..." people will then look at the museum director weird. Sure he can technically do that but that's not the issue is it? Sure you're not paying and patrons can pull out but that's not the point here is it?

People are just saying "hey why not use the money that was donated to the project FOR the project". And IMO this is fair whether or not you donate. As to whether we are entitled to an answer idk but the point remains that it's a fair question.

And again I don't think this isn't something to go apeshit about, saying "it's free" in most cases where people go "I WANT UPDAT NOW" makes sense.

Feel free to reply. Actually naaaah just don't reply. :KEK:

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 359 Votes