j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
DC is getting mogged by the AI art getting cranked out in the Fan Art thread. Here are the backgrounds for the new Stadium, Courthouse, Bar, and Arcade!
Honestly, these are as generic as you can get. If you compare these to DC's bar and arcade, you see why AI won't matter for the good games for many years to come.

I mean:

Biker_Bar.jpg

vs:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sure, many people will argue, that backgrounds won't matter for any NSFW game and that even the most generic ones will be fine, but they have been one of SS' somewhat unique traits from the beginning.

Last edited:

Randy_dg

Sep 2, 2018
SemenDaemon is spot on.
Patreon is a Kickstarter. One asks for money with a promise of a return product.
It would be like taking your car to a mechanic, with the intent to fix it for a year, but all the while asking for more money.
If DC had any scruples at all, he would pause Patreon, finish and release the ''Update'', and let the game speak for itself.
The sad part is, it's not a new game, tweaked yes but not new.

Kaiki-tan

Nov 3, 2022
Honestly, these are as generic as you can get. If you compare these to DC's bar and arcade, you see why AI won't matter for the good games for many years to come.

I mean:

View attachment 3326150

vs:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sure, many people will argue, that backgrounds won't matter for any NSFW game and that even the most generic ones will be fine, but they have been one of SS' somewhat unique traits from the beginning.
You know as a traditional 2D artist, I never know how I truly feel about all these AI tools. I'm happy a lot of people are at least still aware of the shallowness or limitations like lack of consistency and individual traits to AI art, also obviously without mentioning it's usually just trained by plagiarized art or stylized real images.

Though it is worrying how much it is starting to spread online with some seeing it as a replacement even to way of overuse, I'd be lying if I said it's not unmotivating, especially when looking for inspiration after burnout...

Dec 21, 2020
So funny :ROFLMAO:

No, nobody's obligated to do anything outside of TOS/contract. No, I'm not entitled to anything. No I wasn't talking about him drawing faster either. I don't see anyone asking him to draw faster or "divorce his wife and work 24/7" :KEK:. This is all YOU my guy.

As for the rest you're saying it's okay to do nothing more than simply collect the money because you technically can and because you technically don't have to do anything more once you hit the goals.
Speaking of life. Not everyone shares your "do the bare minimum" mentality in real life. You know that. You know exactly why and how this works irl. That's why you bring up TOS and resort to technicality.
If you don't then I suggest you try it out. Do the bare minimum at your job and hit them with technicalities about your contract, see how that works out. Or just go up to people and do it in conversations.

DC also doesn't just work for "fun", it's his job. he's getting paid by patrons. Someone compared this to a museum, sure let's go with that. Some pay the museum to have art on display and others can go for free. If the museum gets a shitload of new donations and doesn't expand the gallery, whether or not it's coming out of your pocket, going "wait wtf are you doing with the money?" is a fair question to ask and if the museum goes "well we're not obligated as per the agreement and we always wanted a small museum so it's going to the director than organizes the pieces..." people will then look at the museum director weird. Sure he can technically do that but that's not the issue is it? Sure you're not paying and patrons can pull out but that's not the point here is it?

People are just saying "hey why not use the money that was donated to the project FOR the project". And IMO this is fair whether or not you donate. As to whether we are entitled to an answer idk but the point remains that it's a fair question.

And again I don't think this isn't something to go apeshit about, saying "it's free" in most cases where people go "I WANT UPDAT NOW" makes sense.

Feel free to reply. Actually naaaah just don't reply. :KEK:
I Agree with mister Fulgrim...

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Patreon is a Kickstarter.
It specifically is not a kickstarter. the two are completely different types of platforms with different missions and goals. You can keep saying it but you would keep being wrong.
One asks for money with a promise of a return product.
Which is not the mission of Patreon. Patreon is for creators to have " "... "with one goal in mind — ."

However, for Patreon, creators can request support from subscribers in exchange for providing tier benefits as outlined on their Patreon pages.

The game, its release schedule, its release dates, is not listed as any of DC's tier benefits. Everything that is listed as tier benefits for his Patreon subscribers, he has fulfilled and continues to fulfill.

siatugst

Aug 29, 2022
With the rate of 1 change every 24 hours .. with coding still, after 6 months, being stuck at 69% with no change in the number of tasks completed or the total number of tasks to be completed .. I'd say sometime ... next year?
more like 2077, right? i think he is preparing for the cyberpunk update so he must wait till 77. :p

Last edited:

Randy_dg

Sep 2, 2018
It specifically is not a kickstarter. the two are completely different types of platforms with different missions and goals. You can keep saying it but you would keep being wrong.
Which is not the mission of Patreon. Patreon is for creators to have " "... "with one goal in mind — ."

However, for Patreon, creators can request support from subscribers in exchange for providing tier benefits as outlined on their Patreon pages.

The game, its release schedule, its release dates, is not listed as any of DC's tier benefits. Everything that is listed as tier benefits for his Patreon subscribers, he has fulfilled and continues to fulfill.
All I hear is Quack Quack Quack.
Proofs in the pudding baby.

Rockonon

Jul 12, 2018
i recommend only paying for the game once it's completed. There are instances where games are not finished, or they are prolonged solely for profit. While supporting someone's project is fine, I wouldn't pay for more than 10 months without receiving a single something . It's not very professional. If you don't like their work approach, don't support it. I canceled my Patreon subscription over 9 months ago because it's incredible to receive nothing in return for the financial support I provide. I'll buy their game when it's finished, hopefully one day it will be .

4.10 star(s) 357 Votes