McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
the abandoned tag isn't for making DC lose money or pressuring him to work faster, it's simply for informing people who come to this thread that the game hasn't gotten any updates in a ridiculous long time

as a good side effect, it also shows how far the game has fallen, summertime saga never had the greatest art or the most amazing story (at least in my opinion) but back when summertime saga started one of the greatest things about it was the transparency of the game development and the reliability of DC to release updates on a frequent basis. that has completly gone obviously.

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
Some deluded souls do, but I think the majority want the tag because it would provide a concrete piece of proof that their view of reality is correct: that DC is a con artist, that everyone who supported/defended him is an ignorant sheeple, and (most importantly) that they are vindicated for every low effort shitpost or ten page essay they made mocking the first two camps. Nothing quite motivates a keyboard warrior like being proven that they were right on the internet.

And they will not be shy in letting this thread know. Come May 1st it's gonna look like Lord of the Fucking Flies in here, only with less warpaint and more shit flinging.
So basically your average day on /v/ or /pol/

the abandoned tag isn't for making DC lose money or pressuring him to work faster, it's simply for informing people who come to this thread that the game hasn't gotten any updates in a ridiculous long time as a good side effect, it also shows how far the game has fallen, summertime saga never had the greatest art or the most amazing story (at least in my opinion) but back when summertime saga started one of the greatest things about it was the transparency of the game development and the reliability of DC to release updates on a frequent basis. that has completly gone obviously.
Simply reading the thread is enough for that. Any page, even, because nobody can shut up about it. Anyone who has even a passing interest in the game on this website probably knows.

Not like it matters when he probably gets most of his fans over on Xitter. And good luck rallying people against him over there. :HideThePain:

Last edited:

icherwin

Jun 8, 2017
The bigger issue isnt that the tech update is taking a while, its basically a rebuild. The issue is this:

2/28/24 Progress for Tech Update - Total Tasks: 660 Completed: 80.61% InProgress: 4.55% Remaining: 14.84%
10/7/23 Progress for Tech Update - Total Tasks: 554 Completed: 82.67% InProgress: 2.71% Remaining: 14.62%
5/20/23 Progress for Tech Update - Total Tasks: 553 Completed: 81.56% InProgress: 2.71% Remaining: 15.73%
2/15/23 Progress for Tech Update - Total Tasks: 553 Completed: 80.29% InProgress: 3.44% Remaining: 16.27%
11/2022 Progress for Tech Update - Total Tasks: 546 Completed: 79.49% InProgress: 3.66% Remaining: 16.85%

Over a year and they are really no closer because of feature creep. This is the kind of stuff that gets projects cancelled or stall into oblivion. Also, to me oddly convenient how it's always just a little bit away.
As soon it goes up to 82%, it will go down to 80% again.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Anyone know what the money is called in saves, to cheat with a save editor?
You don't need a save editor.
Start new game with cheats enabled.
If you have a game already saved (or starting at "new content"), make sure to back up your save and then use the WIFI symbol in the game's phone to edit.

See video below. If it is your first time using the WIFI symbol, you will have an extra prompt asking for you to respond "I UNDERSTAND" when warned about messing with anything in that interface.
View attachment money-thatswhatyouwant.mp4

NiKiller88

Jul 5, 2023
he does makes a public patreon post every monday
He has a patreon? Well, damn, I only follow a 3rd party telegram channel that supposedly relays news from him, and that channel doesn't mention any patreon whatsoever. It's not like I'm his big fan, so I literally didn't know he was so vocal online. Now I feel stupid and I have a lot of reading to do, there's a lot of posts on his patreon it seems.

Ragnar_Rykkel

Jan 4, 2018
You don't need a save editor.
Start new game with cheats enabled.
If you have a game already saved (or starting at "new content"), make sure to back up your save and then use the WIFI symbol in the game's phone to edit.

See video below. If it is your first time using the WIFI symbol, you will have an extra prompt asking for you to respond "I UNDERSTAND" when warned about messing with anything in that interface.
View attachment 3422537

Thanks for the information, was thinking more so one could start at the latest content, then simply just add any amount of money, so no slog through the game

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
do you get points for making the same statement over and over and over,congrats on having my last post removed.this game was great in 2021 it had everything.seems dev has gone backwards,3 small updates in 2022-relevant to this thread,then where are we.seems to be operatating to f95 rules-post on media,updates 18 months apart and it seems a mouth piece.mods by all means delete this but know this you are being played.we members should be able to call out devs who dont perform,forget the fact over 28000 patrons.you say off topic-what topic is it.perhaps its time for a rule change.
Didn't you know how DC spends all his Patreon earnings?
  • Paying pirate forum white hats (40%)
    • Additional bonus for each posting repeating the same statement (varying)
  • Preventing additional artists from job applications (20%)
  • Finding reasons to fire developers that work too fast (20%)
  • Marking pirate forum posts for deletion (10%)
  • Generous revards for finding new tasks delaying tech update completion (10%)
  • Baking cookies for himself and his family (5%)
    • No cookies for team members (1% for finding excuses)
  • Finding additional income to cover the missing 6% (-6%)

Hero1

"I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time."
Donor
Sep 20, 2017
Didn't you know how DC spends all his Patreon earnings?
  • Paying pirate forum white hats (40%)
    • Additional bonus for each posting repeating the same statement (varying)
  • Preventing additional artists from job applications (20%)
  • Finding reasons to fire developers that work too fast (20%)
  • Marking pirate forum posts for deletion (10%)
  • Generous revards for finding new tasks delaying tech update completion (10%)
  • Baking cookies for himself and his family (5%)
    • No cookies for team members (1% for finding excuses)
  • Finding additional income to cover the missing 6% (-6%)
Who broke the NDA and told you?
we know they do it for free which is even more disturbing
Hey, no kink shaming!

KillerBee487

Sep 18, 2022
the abandoned tag isn't for making DC lose money or pressuring him to work faster, it's simply for informing people who come to this thread that the game hasn't gotten any updates in a ridiculous long time

as a good side effect, it also shows how far the game has fallen, summertime saga never had the greatest art or the most amazing story (at least in my opinion) but back when summertime saga started one of the greatest things about it was the transparency of the game development and the reliability of DC to release updates on a frequent basis. that has completly gone obviously.
Man it's funny that WaL got the abandoned tag faster than StS. Hope that changes soon for any of them

KillerBee487

Sep 18, 2022
Using that data, I expect the update to be done around November 2029 (not accounting for any "setbacks"), or December 2043 (if setbacks are considered). During that time, DC would earn $4 million or $14.2 million respectively.

View attachment 3422538
Hahahaha bro this shit literally blew my mind. 2030 if anything goes well! I'm not sure if the fans should cry or laugh at this point

mattius77

May 16, 2017
Game quality is still high for western game standards but yep pace is trash now. The only other person I recall really putting in work in hand drawn 2D western games using Renpy in particular was Akabur. Thinking about it, funny how thats almost a decade ago that he completed his two Trainer games Witch Trainer and Princess Trainer. Everyone was copying him.

I miss that guy, sucks that Akabur only has one casual project nowadays
Ha! I just replayed Witch Trainer a couple months ago.

4.00 star(s) 358 Votes