D2K

Donor
Aug 18, 2016
While it's true that SS has slowed down on updates quite significantly as of late, it's also hard to deny that the game isn't being worked on during that same time. I'm sure that I've stated this in multiple posts by now, but anyone can see the game being developed at least 3-4 times a week on average, and see the work that's being put into it to improve the over all experience.

It's hard to get a sense that DC is milking anyone when you can literally watch him build the game almost daily.

I honestly don't know how other developers handle their business, but are any of them doing weekly streams to show their fan base what's going on? Are those devs having regular communication though live streams, who have attempted to explain the process countless times? Are there other devs who offer the game for free on their sites for literally anyone?
as of late is a funny way to say 3 years. he streams for 1 hour a day. night city productions (baal) streams 8+ hour days. not making it a pissing contest and he definitely works off stream, but the amount you see on a daily basis is extremely low on every standard.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I have noticed that you tend to type a lot to say nothing substantial, like you think that extending basic sentences and being verbose makes your nonsense somehow true.
Your opinion of me does not change the fact you are incorrect in your assumption about the data. I would rather think that you weren't aware you were incorrect than the alternative that you are deliberately misleading others.

Again, as shown below - the dip that you mentioned happens every month and has nothing to do with either the abandoned flag or DC's regular end of month report.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022

Poggersq

May 2, 2022
lets just say: the aftermath of the entire comments thread: someone went radio silence, and it ain't me.

MisterMeh

Nov 3, 2020
as of late is a funny way to say 3 years. he streams for 1 hour a day. night city productions (baal) streams 8+ hour days. not making it a pissing contest and he definitely works off stream, but the amount you see on a daily basis is extremely low on every standard.
My point is that he's one of very few creators (two I now know of) and the only one I know of so far, who's created this fairly large game from scratch, and communicates through his stream on a nearly daily basis. That alone is noteworthy. Adding in that his game is free is noteworthy as well.

And it's roughly an hour and a half of streaming, not an hour, on average if we're being specific.

We obviously both know that he works offline because there are areas of the game he prefers to keep from people to hide portions of the story line.

Is Night City Productions creating the assets themselves? Are they offering their game for free?

It's the combination of things I've mentioned in my previous post that make the game stand out, not just the streaming.

Reactions: Count Morado
Oct 1, 2017
From his discord,2 days ago. I don't think its abandoned tho.

When will it come out?
All game developers dread this question, but If testing goes well, we hope to release the first build towards the end of the coming month (May). As always, patrons will have exclusive access to a high speed download ahead of public availability.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
From his discord,2 days ago. I don't think its abandoned tho.

When will it come out?
All game developers dread this question, but If testing goes well, we hope to release the first build towards the end of the coming month (May). As always, patrons will have exclusive access to a high speed download ahead of public availability.
Per F95 rules, a game thread can receive the abandoned flag after 18 months without any update, even if the developer has regular communication on their platforms/social media. If the developer eventually releases an update, F95 will consider clearing the flag from the thread.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes