Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
People repeat themselves because they dont have anything better to do.

Moderators keep the same topic to go on and on, who knows why, and mark anything else as OFF TOPIC.
Meanwhile, the Eternum thread is borderline draconic in modding, where posts get deleted for being off topic and pretty much anything that isn't about the game's contents gets deleted.

One of the mods actually threatened permanent thread bans over yonder.

Reactions: The Black Cat

XJ347

Sep 19, 2017
Yeah some F95 threads have really sensitive moderation at times. You see it especially when the game Dev actively participates.

Most of my "off topic" deletions are about responses to people being rude. I may disagree or even agree with them that the product is flawed or not, but that doesn't warrant being rude about it either way. They end up cutting my posts because they are trying to remove the cancerous post I responded to. I get it, but really frustrating. Some times I had REALLY well thought out posts that got a bazillion likes since the community as a whole shared my point of view, just gone. I don't care about the likes, it's the large public support for reasonableness I like seeing and, and us not auto going into toxicity.

Then there are times I have perfectly on topic posts that get removed for "off topic" because the mod owner complained (I assume). By every definition of "On Topic" it's on topic but it was negative but not toxic, but it still offended the Dev, or a Mod, but I assume it's the Dev. That isn't to common, but I also stop posting in those threads when it does happen...

I have only one time where I actively deserved my post removed from my memory, I think I even DM'd a mod and apologized LOL, then asked for advice on how to respond in the future.

As for moderation, I think this site overall does a decent job. It's not perfect but nothing ever is.

jopofus

Jul 2, 2018
I have a hard time understanding what's coming next for the game. From what I understand the story and art are basically done and for the past 2 years they've been working on "tech update"?

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
It's reasonable to expect that, when income hits a certain point, there develops a degree of professionalism to warrant that financial support. If that doesn't happen it's not unreasonable to criticise it. Supporting and defending amateurish and unprofessional actions that receive professional levels of renumeration is cultlike behaviour.
It's only reasonable if you refuse to accept the reality. Even back then it was obvious that DC doesn't want to work that way (again) and calling him out on that is just so futile. But sure, people will continue and another 5 years down the line the same discussion is going to happen again. If people want to waste their time (as we all do) they should at least waste it on games they actually like...

DC is earning this much money because the game is actually good compared to the vast majority of other 2D games on offer. It's really not that hard to understand.
What I mean by a project manager is someone who manages workflow and is, effectively, a scrum master.
Yes, and I'm saying a project as DC wants to run it (and does run it) doesn't really benefit from scrum. The worlflow simply isn't the main issue you think it is.
That it doesn't have one is why a "two month tech update" has taken over 2 years. That's unconscionable.
Scrum for example wouldn't have prevented that, at all. If the whole team agrees on the outset, that it'll take a few months, but then figures down the line it's going to 10 times that, it's a lack of hard expertise and not a lack of management.

As said, he should have hired another coder/poser for the tech update beforehand, just as he should have hired another artist 5 years ago.
DC may not want to work in that environment but he's being paid to work in that environment. He is in control of his income. He could, and has failed to, pause his subscriptions while this farce has been ongoing. He could have, but has failed to, be honest with his supporters. He could have done a myriad of actions that would have marked him as an honest person. He failed. He's a grifter. It's not unreasonable to call grifters out.
At least now you are saying what it's really about for you. It's certainly more honest than this talk about management.
I bet you want a Cybertruck.
I'd never buy a Tesla in general.

Last edited:
Reactions: OneLuv

dirgetka

Aug 17, 2017
His inability to project manage was obvious even then.
DC has explained a few times how project management was his least favourite part of his old job (supervisor for animation teams in video game studios iirc) and why he refused to "micromanage" -- or simply proactively manage -- the SS team, even before the tech update shambles began. It's a flaw he's never shied away from, or had to be cajoled into admitting

Reactions: j4yj4m

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
DC has explained a few times how project management was his least favourite part of his old job (supervisor for animation teams in video game studios iirc) and why he refused to "micromanage" -- or simply proactively manage -- the SS team, even before the tech update shambles began. It's a flaw he's never shied away from, or had to be cajoled into admitting
I guess they sacked him.

• Haha
Reactions: MrBree

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
You are correct. I point to the 2017 LewdGamer every once in a while about what DC shared is his viewpoint on the game and progress, completion. He's very direct about his view about project management:
1716921179768.png

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Soon we'll be able to bitch about lack of update content rather than the lack of updates.
Can't wait
I am still curious if F95 staff will put the update in this thread or keep this thread flagged as abandoned and start a new thread. It all depends upon how they interpret their own rules. I could see arguments for the fourth bullet in 6.1 and the last bullet in 6.2 for either decision:
1716933060284.png

Me? I'd just leave this thread as abandoned - with links to the "old version" of the game (v0.20.16) and start a thread with the "new version" of the game as the tech update rolls out chunk by chunk.

4.10 star(s) 354 Votes