RT5X

Aug 15, 2021
I am still curious if F95 staff will put the update in this thread or keep this thread flagged as abandoned and start a new thread. It all depends upon how they interpret their own rules. I could see arguments for the fourth bullet in 6.1 and the last bullet in 6.2 for either decision:
View attachment 3680899

Me? I'd just leave this thread as abandoned - with links to the "old version" of the game (v0.20.16) and start a thread with the "new version" of the game as the tech update rolls out chunk by chunk.
Keeping a Pre-Tech update and making a Post-Tech update sounds like a good idea honestly

RT5X

Aug 15, 2021
Of course flower guy wants Darkcookie to have like 3 threads on this site:rolleyes:
I understand being a fanboy but HOLY FUCK!
Nah its a good idea honestly imo
If theres removed content in the new update then i'd rather play the pre-tech if i was a new player
or they could have a link for the pretech update too either idea is fine with me

Reactions: Count Morado

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Nah its a good idea honestly imo
If theres removed content in the new update then i'd rather play the pre-tech if i was a new player
or they could have a link for the pretech update too either idea is fine with me
Yeah, I should have clarified that - if they decide to just keep this thread, putting the "new version" in the OP and removing the flag, they would most likely need to keep links to the "old version" in OP, as well. I just think that gets clunky, personally, and is why I think making a separate thread removes a bit of one type of confusion.

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
I am still curious if F95 staff will put the update in this thread or keep this thread flagged as abandoned and start a new thread. It all depends upon how they interpret their own rules. I could see arguments for the fourth bullet in 6.1 and the last bullet in 6.2 for either decision:
View attachment 3680899

Me? I'd just leave this thread as abandoned - with links to the "old version" of the game (v0.20.16) and start a thread with the "new version" of the game as the tech update rolls out chunk by chunk.
I'd probably argue the opposite, since the story/gameplay/engine is fundamentally unchanged. A Honda Civic is still a Honda Civic even if you upgrade all the wiring and paint it a new color. The only reason to maintain the old version is this case is because the update we're getting this week isn't content-equivalent; if it was, I imagine all the links would be replaced in the OP like normal and nobody other than archivists would raise too much fuss.

F95 has been maddeningly inconsistent in applying those rules, anyways. DMD and BaDIK got to keep their thread despite having separate standalone files for its additional chapters, while poor Timestamps got split into two because it didn't put "Chapter 2" front and center in its title.

Last edited:
Reactions: vks017

CUNTBLAZER420

Jan 24, 2020
View attachment 3680899

Personally, I think they should add a "devolvement hell" tag or dole out the the "on hold' tag a little more liberally for games that don't quite fit the bill. I think that just handing out the abandoned tag as a one-size-fits-all causes more confusion than its worth. I get why they have things the way they are, but I just feel like there's probably a better system for it out there.

Tauro Thurius

Jul 17, 2021
Hold on, guys! Just 2 more days for a big, BIG excuse of why won't be possible to release the new update... The wait is almost over!
Coders' arms gotten amputated in a freak accident, and we need some time to hire a new one.

Oh, don't forget to tune in to one of my streams on Picarto where I unenthusiastically draw crap that you'll probably have to wait another six months to see in game.

mrcmis2133

Mar 27, 2019
Doesn't make it any smarter to donate to them (I definitely wouldn't and won't) but at the same time I don't think they're actively malicious, they just aren't good at the core of organizing and guiding the project.
That could be true, I've just seen to many devs outside of nsfw doing scummy stuff so I'm not surprised if that stuff bled into nsfw games as well, hopefully after all the tech stuff is done that the updates start to come out in a timely fashion but we'll see.

vks017

Jun 30, 2017
No.. D.C. is still doing the art streams the last time I checked. Just entitled Br**s screaming and yelling in the comments until they got their way.
It fits the criteria for the abandoned tag of this website.
I'm glad the mods applied it the same as they do all other games that go through this.
The hysteria from both sides did not affect it. I agree with other comments that we need a more descriptive tag like dev hell but for now this is what fits this game.

Reactions: CUNTBLAZER420

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
It fits the criteria for the abandoned tag of this website.
I'm glad the mods applied it the same as they do all other games that go through this.
The hysteria from both sides did not affect it. I agree with other comments that we need a more descriptive tag like dev hell but for now this is what fits this game.
Why this place has the change the rules for the games?
The devs should be the one who should deliver content quicker than 18 months.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
DC is earning this much money because the game is actually good compared to the vast majority of other 2D games on offer. It's really not that hard to understand.
I feel like this is largely rose glasses and nostalgia speak. The game is a loose set of cliche characters and little vignettes that for the most part go nowhere, and which you'll find implemented in similar manner in the vast majority of these other games on offer. Maybe it was innovative in 2016, but 8 years later there's nothing of real note here. I think my first experience with this title was about a year ago, and tbh i grew bored of it and shelved it fairly quickly, because it was all "same old" with somewhat goofy art that didn't do it any favors.

4.10 star(s) 355 Votes