Ifllslonly

Oct 17, 2023
Lol the fact that they disabled comments on the release of this update speaks volumes...
It would be cool if people would share what happens outside of this thread, on the game's discord for example.
Bro its been only a couple hours.. wait a couple weeks there might be one
This game is quite old. Development in hell. I'm really curious to see if anyone wants to update the mods after all this time.
No shot this got updated. Guess the abandoned tag really scares him. I propose we put all games which don't update every two to three months in the abandoned category, maybe it'll help deal with the milkers.
I highly doubt that the abandoned tag scares him, but it is just good to have the abandoned tag on the an abandoned game that is in development hell. The whole industry is underpaid, but people tend to throw money at someone like DC.
Simps gonna simp anyway.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I think it’s fair to complain when the developer’s monthly salary is in the 6 figures lol
Enjoy your complaining: vent, moan, whatever - however, it's 5 figures. It was never more than about $80k. It's around $60k right now. Is that a lot? Fuck yeah. But it's not and has never been 6 figures.

i hope that now they have the new code "ready", make progress faster...
No. it won't make progress faster. No one should expect anything quicker than 3-4 months between updates after the tech update is fully dropped in ... what, a year or so?

beryn

May 8, 2017
So ppl are complaining of lack of new content when the creator EXPLICITLY said there was an upcoming major overhaul of the game that would be taking up most of their time...do ppl actually read and pay attention to the news he posts?
Quite a few do, but they still complain as the "tech" update isn't anything worth talking about.
It adds nothing worthwhile, improved graphics and wide screen, impressive after all that time.
The changelog that is partly lying as to what is in the update, doesn't give a good impression either.
This update is so badly written/paced that I'm uncertain if I have missed something or you just are supposed to be left after the first school day with nothing to do and no one to interact with.
I guess that I'm just supposed to wander around guessing what I need to do, I mean the game states you need to go work for Diane and that you should talk with miss Bissette but they aren't even in the game.
But at least the game unlocks every single location, so you can go around and see how pointless it is.

Stareagle lord

Aug 8, 2017
So am I understanding this right. This "Rebuild" does not have all of the original content in it? They are rolling back the game?
Not rolling back no, more like they made a new engine and all and they inserted some content that they upgraded
the art a little bit. And added a tiny bit of new content probably like 1 scene.. of jenny.

If they keep their word... in 2 months we will probably see more UI stuff and bug fixes then it will probably be more
'fun content' in focus while adding bits of the tech-update. The tech-update isn finished yet,
if you remember the old game it had a lot of characters... It will probably take about whole year to
insert all old content if he also keeps making new content along the way.

Reactions: Hajtand

Stareagle lord

Aug 8, 2017
2 years.
2 million American dollars.
Old Debbie art and cheat mode on because theres literally nothing to do than skip days to unlock the sex scenes.
SCAMTIME SAGA!
let us wait 2-3 months to see what 'updates' will be
Starting with this release we are switching our focus to bringing familiar content into the new engine and releasing our progress every 2 months.*

Before we go on a witch-hunt?...

LordMerek

Romance & Redemption Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
I believe you're missing the whole TWO YEARS posted everywhere today.

And if that's not enough, it's actually been 3 years since the last story update.
Dark Cookie has always had a pathetic update schedule, it's no surprise this happened. However I have no doubt the OG content will be released in future tech updates but he will drag his feet like he always does and make excuses for why there isn't more content and as a result it may be another 2 years before we see the same content we had.

However I will say Dark Cookie is less of a moron than the developers of Something Unlimited or Ecchi Sensei.

Stareagle lord

Aug 8, 2017
Their plan of releasing 1/5 of the content every 2-3 months means its going to take over a year still to get the full tech update
That is fine, i mean (if they do it right*
Also if they keep adding small content along the way like 1-2 scene's here and there or a new girl just added...
I mean we have a mermaid in the game... why not something like elven girls from lotr inspired?...
or hp veela?...

we just need to wait 2-5 months to be able to evaluate exactly if ss corp is being smart
or a smart-ass... X)

jackpierce375

Sep 13, 2017
Why are people expecting an update dedicated to reworking the source code to have a bunch of content. Like, I get being unhappy about the lack of content itself, but how was anyone expecting anything else? Did people think it was going to be an update about a new hacker character when they heard "tech update"?
People weren't expecting new content with the release of the tech update, but the fact that almost the entirety of the content is gone after over 2 years of development is crazy.

WinniDex

Aug 4, 2020
I haven't worked with RenPy by myself, but Summertime Saga seems not to have the size to justify two years of development for a half finished tech update. I mean, what exactly did they do these two years? Rewrite RenPy entirely to transform the engine into something else?

Anyway, prepare for the next abandoned tag guys

Furmilk

Nov 27, 2019
This game is quite old. Development in hell. I'm really curious to see if anyone wants to update the mods after all this time.
If they're reallying using new tech, that should mean that currently the code is nice and clean, therefore easy to work with. If someone wanted to, it shouldn't be too hard to mod it right now.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes