jackpierce375

Sep 13, 2017
So ppl are complaining of lack of new content when the creator EXPLICITLY said there was an upcoming major overhaul of the game that would be taking up most of their time...do ppl actually read and pay attention to the news he posts?
It took over 2 years just to get 1/5th of the tech update. They couldn't even release the full tech update

diras2010

Nov 4, 2017

The first release using our new source code is finally here!

As we mentioned in our last news post, not all of the Tech Update content is
available yet
. We have been working extensively on all aspects of Summertime
Saga and now have most key systems and art in place. Starting with this release
we are switching our focus to bringing familiar content into the new engine and
releasing our progress every 2 months. As well as moving over existing content,
we will also be slipping in some new additions for players to enjoy each update.

------------------------------------------------------
Here's a brief summary of what's changed and is available in this release:
  • The game is now widescreen and higher resolution (varied across platforms).
  • Many new locations across town have been added to the map (and you'll be able to visit them all).
  • All locations have been improved visually and extended (art, buttons, crowds, etc).
  • UI, buttons and navigation improved and streamlined.
  • Jenny's story has been improved and updated with a bit of new content.
  • Debbie's story is relatively the same (some parts use old art and no pregnancy yet) but we added various improvements.
  • First day of school has been reworked with new art and content to introduce players to the game.
------------------------------------------------------
Download:
Welp... the Abandoned tagdid not lasted that long

No.. is a waiting game in ordert to see if they would keep their word and will deliver every 2 months, as officially stated

Reactions: splamo

jimmyjambles

Mar 8, 2022
Oh my god, after all this time, they release just a WIP (work in progress).
It took over 2 years just to get 1/5th of the tech update. They couldn't even release the full tech update
Right? After all this time, they release a fraction of what people have been waiting for.

I have no personal stake -- I'm not a patron, and I have plenty of other leisure activities on my plate. I'm just amazed that they have so little to show after all this time. I was expecting the whole thing to drop, when it finally arrived. Not this. This will not go over well.

fapmeister

Sep 4, 2017
Mate, I have a live outside of waiting for the next update for some lewd game. I don't have much of a horse in this race.
Maybe the tech upgrade took to long and wasn't worth it. But honestly maybe it was necessary because the code before was a total mess? I'm not gonna deep-dive to evaluate that.
I am simply pointing out that complaining about lack of content for a tech update is retarded.
If you wonna complain that it took to long go ahead, seems appropriate but also doing anything is hard, doing anything well is downright impossible.
If this was what I accomplished after two years of being paid like this I wouldn't have a job, nor would anyone else here. Scratch that, make it a few months. He's been coasting along because he's had ZERO incentive to do anything, he still gets paid for doing nothing. That's my issue. The exploitation and the morons defending it.
1717194577914.png
Were it a hobby project they were doing out of the good of their hears? I'd understand. Hell I'd be greatful of anything. Were it a second job and/or they were pausing funding because they weren't doing anything? I'd understand. But no.

Insane. Absolutely insane.

PierrotSol

Sep 15, 2017
So ppl are complaining of lack of new content when the creator EXPLICITLY said there was an upcoming major overhaul of the game that would be taking up most of their time...do ppl actually read and pay attention to the news he posts?
I believe you're missing the whole TWO YEARS posted everywhere today.

And if that's not enough, it's actually been 3 years since the last story update.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes