EthanB86

Jun 7, 2020
DC is just a reflection of the industry as a whole. He's a full-time developer, top 1 adult game developer on Patreon who doesn't deliver at all. It's just nonsense to defend him.
What you're saying is just a monetization model. It's only free because supporters pay for it. Do you think this game would be the same with 0 supporters? Do you think this game would exist without support?
this is my point. this guy simply just doesnt understand it. AND he keeps saying "wait" like its not already been years

Reactions: TurtleKing9000

Tronn4

Apr 7, 2024
this should have kept then abandoned tag. closed this entire chat and started off a new thread. it would tell people this pre-tech version was at least a full game. the new shit DC posted is a WIP.

and stop asking for an incest patch 4 hours after the game has been released! ask in about 7 hours :p

redjoe23

Nov 2, 2019
Guys, I just woke up from a 2-year coma and rushed to the thread of my favorite game to see the latest release. Can anyone please summarize the new content I can look forward to as I wait for the download to finish?

• Haha
Reactions: Somnus

puddingontheritz

Mar 20, 2024
I love the DarkCookie defenders being like "its really hard to make a game, it's hard to do code"

Not in Renpy. NOT in Renpy. Especially with the content in front of us. There is nothing complicated in this game. It's a point and click game with a few minor timing puzzles. DC is not writing code from scratch. He is not pioneering new game mechanics. There aren't complex dialouge trees. There aren't complex stat progressions. There's no combat to balance. There isn't even a basic crafting system. There aren't complex branching storylines. The games industry was making games more complex than this in the 1980s, around 40 years ago. Renpy itself is a tool suite specifically created to streamline visual novel games exactly like Summertime Saga. The most complex work he has to do is sorting out his triggers for events. if X stat >3, then event = true. That sorta shit. In two years, Dark Cookie could have got an associates degree in actual programming.

I picked up Game Maker and in an afternoon I was making stuff more complicated than this game. Not because I'm good at programming, but because a visual novel with light timing puzzles is not complicated. I don't care what he claimed, there's nothing crazy under the hood of this game that takes 2 years to clean up. With a little effort, this simple little game could have been recoded from the ground up in a month by a halfway competent Renpy author, especially for $30k/month. Give them a script and some assets and it should just be fucking done already.

I'm glad DC is gonna suffer for this. Dude is a scammer and a fraud.

Bir2

Aug 3, 2021
My god, why did DarkCookie do this? 2 years without an update and now there is no new content, only content temporarily removed to ''redo'' what was already perfectly done.

Reactions: GrandSekiza

capicoli

Mar 8, 2018
I can't believe It, I swear to god I haven't checked this game since the pizza guy's wife was added and haven't played since Eve. Are they really starting over from the bottom? How Jenny's story being improved this time? Last time it was taking out all the scenes where the MC sticks it in when Jenny tried to blue ball him.

Blumph

Sep 4, 2019
My god, why did DarkCookie do this? 2 years without an update and now there is no new content, only content temporarily removed to ''redo'' what was already perfectly done.
Because it's easier to push the same script through a new engine every couple of years than to come up with a satisfying end to one game and then worry about SS2 or something not pulling the same numbers..

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes