either that or this guy has a humiliation fetish
After I read all the threads of the conversation about the update of the game:

View attachment 3692210
long story short:
>promise rework for a few months time
>devs super lazy and do no work
>(2 years later still nothing)
>gets abandoned tag
>dev releases a WIP build with about a months worth of work to avoid the abandoned tag so they can still keep all the patreons
>people mad

anminter17

Sep 8, 2017
''It's a bit early to say'' Dude, are you retarded? We're waiting for 2 years. And yes, you are defending the dev. Get real.
Tbh i'm not. I multiple times stated that i would have stopped paying them long time ago if i ever gave them even a single cent (and i've not) so i'm not "defending them". I just prefer to see a shitty update over no update. A dead game is worse than an half-dead game and maybe they will deliver a good part of the old content in the next update. Ofc they could also not deliver it but why cry over it now? They didn't work on the game for long time and that's obvious, what i'm saying thats too early to say that this is only a scam because if they decided to go back to work just 2 weeks ago it's obvious that this update would have been a shit. And it's a shit. Now they have two full months to deliver a good update and go back on rails or they could deliver a second shitty update and i won't even click on this thread anymore and i won't even write a single line here announcing so, it's not important for anybody else. If you don't believe that next update could be at least decent why are you even here? You should just ignore this game and play something else. You didn't pay a dime for STS so what makes you stick here? I just believe that sometimes you folks like to being toxic just for the fun of it. :rolleyes:

• Angry
Reactions: BeaAndNessa

Ifllslonly

Oct 17, 2023
I could be wrong, but it always seemed that DC was ahead of the schedule with his art, and that most of the progress was being bottlenecked by coding and posing. I have been continuously baffled by this long wait ever since I learned Ren'Py myself, because I simply can't fathom what warrants this much coding effort.
I don't know about that. If that's the case, can anyone explain why the old Debbie art is in the game at all? What did he do on his art streams? Wallpapers, please?
Tbh my interest isn't that high about it but all in all i'm happy that the game isn't dead yet. It could be in two months or they can surprise positively in the same time frame. I'll just wait, it doesn't cost me anything to just watch what next update will deliver before despair.
The game is dead for a lot of people, dead for a long time. A lot of people waited long enough and weren't positively surprised in the 2 year time frame. Many people have long forgotten that this game even exists. Waiting doesn't cost you anything if you're not a supporter, but in this case it doesn't give you anything ether.
If you don't believe that next update could be at least decent why are you even here?
A lot of people had forgotten this game even existed. The abandoned tag on this forum didn't help much, but this "update" was a great reminder.
What other people like to do with their money should not be your concern in any way. And i write this while i never ever considered to give even a penny for STS and not even being a diehard fan of the game. I just read briefly about it when it comes up on "Latest updates" section on f95 because it was one of my first (if not my first) adult game i played. Just chill.
You're being hypocritical. You're basically contradicting yourself.
Because if you say that what other people do with their money shouldn't be your concern. Then what other people care about shouldn't be your concern either.
So why are you telling other people what they should or should not worry about?
1717205601925.png

macca_joe

Feb 1, 2019
Wow supposed to be a tech update, effectively restarting the game and charging for content that they already made. Completely lost it.

anminter17

Sep 8, 2017
i have no vested interest in this game, but im mad on behalf of the people who DO and mad at the incompetance of the devs. ive not been scammed by an indian phone operator, but i still dont like them because they scam people. ive not been assaulted by anyone but i still dislike people who do assault people because its bad. taking 500k a year from people and giving them nothing in return is bad. i dislike it. im happy to wait, but 500k a year of peoples money has been taken from them and they wont ever get it back. its BAD.

just because it doesnt affect me doesnt mean its not bad
Tbh patreon doesn't work like that. People don't pay for the game, they pay to support the dev. If they don't like what the dev is doing they can opt out anytime. If a lot of people keep paying is because they still like what dev is doing. Being scammed by an indian phone operator is a total different matter and is basically like being robbed on the street (just with less physical violence involved), people giving money over patreon aren't being robbed. They gives money by their will like many people do each week at church. Are they stupid? I don't think so, they just do what they like, but even if they were i don't think it's my problem. When you pledge these devs on patreon you don't get any long term promise that they broke not delivering updates, it's clearly stated in the website what you will get and it's usually things in the very short term (until next payment). So no, i don't think people are getting scammed, they just have questionable spending behaviors but it's totally a their issue and not something i should care of.

EthanB86

Jun 7, 2020
Tbh patreon doesn't work like that. People don't pay for the game, they pay to support the dev. If they don't like what the dev is doing they can opt out anytime. If a lot of people keep paying is because they still like what dev is doing. Being scammed by an indian phone operator is a total different matter and is basically like being robbed on the street (just with less physical violence involved), people giving money over patreon aren't being robbed. They gives money by their will like many people do each week at church. Are they stupid? I don't think so, they just do what they like, but even if they were i don't think it's my problem. When you pledge these devs on patreon you don't get any long term promise that they broke not delivering updates, it's clearly stated in the website what you will get and it's usually things in the very short term (until next payment). So no, i don't think people are getting scammed, they just have questionable spending behaviors but it's totally a their issue and not something i should care of.
except the dev lied to the patreon supporters??? are you an idiot?

Reactions: iHellraiser

Yuki-x

Jul 22, 2021
I'm curious about the 8-10 people that always defend DarkCookie here and exchange likes with each other posts.
Were are they?
Are they sleeping or are very busy moderating the game's discord?

anminter17

Sep 8, 2017
The game is dead for a lot of people, dead for a long time. A lot of people waited long enough and weren't positively surprised in the 2 year time frame. Many people have long forgotten that this game even exists. Waiting doesn't cost you anything if you're not a supporter, but in this case it doesn't give you anything ether.
If i were a supporter i would have been happy over the things the devs was doing at least until the last month when i renewed my support. If people doesn't stop paying means they are happy about that (especially because this update isn't late by a month or two, we are talking of years, there is no chance that people didn't notice that) or they just like to waste money. Why i should care if someone is happy about something doesn't make me happy or even worse if they like to burn out money for no reason? I'm happy for them in the first case, i totally don't care in the latter.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 359 Votes