Dave98424

Oct 30, 2017
From the early days of Icstor more and more so called game developers have watched and taken note of how little work is needed to keep the money coming in so more and more of them continue to drag their asses and at the end of the day this is about a paycheck and not some creative outlet or dream project. It is simply another way to get money from someone by doing as little as possible to earn it and until the fanboy idiots that defend bad developers get called to the carpet and the majority stop financially supporting them will we see any real change. The best short term option is to call out the good developers and promote them while dropping any financial support for the bad ones.

cadwaladr

Aug 4, 2017
Heck, Ren'Py isn't even that bad for sandbox when you get your shit together. Obviously doesn't hold a candle to Unity, but it's far more workable than people may make it seem. Sometimes very annoying, but any engine will be.

I've heard from dogpark (previous lead programmer) that the hardest part of it all was actually doing the mini-games, which yeah sounds like one hell of a nightmare to do in raw python basically lol
So the hardest part of the game to program is the part of the game that everyone hates?

Sounds on brand.

Morgenthai-U

Mar 1, 2021
It's not how it works. Devs can do what they want and people can do/pay what they like. You can think that someone is stupid to do something but you have no right to tell them that they are stupid because what is stupid for you may not be for another. In my eyes people that follow football games are wasting time because when i tried to do the same i found no joy into it and i felt stupid into follow a game that has so simply ruleset but i don't think that they are stupid, they just watch what they like. Many of them probably aren't into motorsport and could fall asleep watching an F1 race (especially if it's like the last one) neverless i enjoy it a lot. That's the point. You can think what you like about the product and even about the people that support it but if you aren't interested into it why are you here being toxic towards other people? Are they spending your money? Or are they hurting you somehow doing so?
You argue like a manchild redditor. My points were clear. There is no point in responding to this. Feel free to think whatever you want about it, idc.

VegitoHlove

Apr 27, 2018
your analogy of football holds no water. this is not a matter of "i dont enjoy it" its a matter of "theyre making 500k a year and give barely a fraction of what they should back to their supporters". its like paying for an expensive meal and getting 2 fries and the discarded fat of a steak and being told to be happy with it
I mean I wouldn't be unhappy with the the discarded fat from a steak. That said I also want the steak. I want both.

• Red Heart
Reactions: EthanB86

Machinencio

Oct 22, 2017
What the fok? They're remaking the game or am I wrong? afaik the main story was done and now it's only the first day?

Wisconzin

Feb 18, 2021
Damn, there are lots of complainers. Instead of complaining about the update, how about you play the sheer amount of content that was available before the dev released the tech update? I have no idea what goes into development, do you? God knows what kind of things they have to change in the code. It’s been what, six years or so, and they are still working on it. That’s a lot of time to get better at something and look back on your previous work and think, ‘What the fuck was I doing with that part?’ I’ve had that thought over a couple of things I’ve spent time on. Would you have preferred the devs just to give up and leave? If so, get out of here. You clearly don’t like the game in that case.
I do. There is absolutely no way a full time development cannot wrap this in 6 months. They know what it should look like. They know what do do with it. If not, they can reverse engineer it. Three times that, which is the second extreme, is 18 months. The code is not some mysterious scribbles. Its just a bunch of triggers, checks and variables.
After 6 years, when they think: "what I was thinking about this part?" They now have a good idea how to streamline the whole thing. They have 6 years of experience under their belt.

CigarRex

Truly, the Rex of all Cigars...
Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
So don't give them time, what's the matter? Just get past it and play something else, i just don't find logic between this enrage. Very few of us gave even a penny to devs, so why bother so much?
Look, people wouldn't ever be this majorly upset at the current state of things if they didn't enjoy STS once before. This isn't a targeted trolling campaign or something, we're talking about one of the biggest WEGs of all time. It's far less logical to not see the reason for the outrage, from paying subs to free players watching by the sides.

pussyreaperxxx

Oct 18, 2018
If you enjoy the game in this state of development then go ahead and play it.

I always thought discussion was meant for people who wanted to use their brains and to let other people know what the reality is and whether or not to play a game.

No reason to defend #1 financially secure adult game dev and cover up people actually talking about the game.

BigLoada

Mar 15, 2018
Oh wow, he subverted expectations by removing content! It's the Last Jedi of "updates"! If you've been supporting this dev for over a year I hope this nice middle finger in the guise of an update is enough of a reward for you :ROFLMAO:!
Wait for the people to defend it too. I've never been happier I didn't spend money on something than right now.

EthanB86

Jun 7, 2020
What the fok? They're remaking the game or am I wrong? afaik the main story was done and now it's only the first day?
long story short:
>promise rework for a few months time
>devs super lazy and do no work
>(2 years later still nothing)
>gets abandoned tag
>dev releases a WIP build with about a months worth of work to avoid the abandoned tag so they can still keep all the patreons
>people mad

anminter17

Sep 8, 2017
"but you should at least give some month to devs and see how much content they bring back in the next patch"... thats what we have been doing... for years... they said it would only take a couple of months yet here we are. calling this "pointless whining" and for us to "wait and see" is dumb, we are YEARS past that stage. theyve been given far more time than necessary and youre saying "just wait bro"??? lmao. im not even that interested in this project and i dont really care for it that much but seeing the dev become an actual con-artist just makes me angry
And i totally agree, as i stated they probably slept over their game for way too long and this could easily be a cheap move to avoid the abandon tag on patreon but it could also be that they realized that they were going to screw it hard and this put them back on rails. I never paid them anything and if i had i would have stop paying them a lot of time ago but that's not the point. This could be a new start for this game or the last act before the fall, but it's a bit early to say which of those. I just prefer to see what will happens in two months from now then i will decide. You are ofc free to act as you prefer, but i really doubt that being toxic over the project will make any difference in the outcome. Just to be clear, i'm not defending the devs by any means, i'm just saying that's quite pointless to judge any of this now. In two months we could have a release with half or more of the last scenes released or maybe they will give us 5 old scenes with a couple of new arts. And we have a lot of other options in between. I'm just suggesting you to save yourself the bothering and just decide after the next release if this game has still a chance or is definitely dead. That's all.

cadwaladr

Aug 4, 2017
So don't give them time, what's the matter? Just get past it and play something else, i just don't find logic between this enrage. Very few of us gave even a penny to devs, so why bother so much?
One can be angry at people being taken advantage of, at people being conned, at people being lied to, without one being a victim oneself.

It's called empathy and it's humanity's best weapon against it's own baser instincts.

If watching a con artist con, if watching a thief steal, and you don't care andv you don't want to stop it, then you've lost your humanity.

Sasori21

Apr 5, 2020
Dropped on their discord just for shits and giggles and people are mad. Found at least 3 or 4 messages stating that this release and a few wallpapers don't warrant patroen backing and this point and when I rechecked, the messages are gone. Devs are having an absolute mare trying to contain all the anger that's getting thrown at them but It'll be fun checking just how many people withdraw their support after this. I mean, yeah, this was short of a slap in the face, more like a spit on your face.

EthanB86

Jun 7, 2020
And i totally agree, as i stated they probably slept over their game for way too long and this could easily be a cheap move to avoid the abandon tag on patreon but it could also be that they realized that they were going to screw it hard and this put them back on rails. I never paid them anything and if i had i would have stop paying them a lot of time ago but that's not the point. This could be a new start for this game or the last act before the fall, but it's a bit early to say which of those. I just prefer to see what will happens in two months from now then i will decide. You are ofc free to act as you prefer, but i really doubt that being toxic over the project will make any difference in the outcome. Just to be clear, i'm not defending the devs by any means, i'm just saying that's quite pointless to judge any of this now. In two months we could have a release with half or more of the last scenes released or maybe they will give us 5 old scenes with a couple of new arts. And we have a lot of other options in between. I'm just suggesting you to save yourself the bothering and just decide after the next release if this game has still a chance or is definitely dead. That's all.
well yes. now that you state it like this, i kind of agree. hopefull this was a wake-up call for the devs and they actually do some work rather than sit on their asses. but you saying that people are wrong for being upset is just silly, a 2 year wait with almost nothing to show for it while they made 500k a year??? thats INSANE and cant just be ignored cuz "oh maybe it will be better in a few months". thats people's hard earned money pissed into the wind

Reactions: MrBree
4.10 star(s) 359 Votes