Sasori21

Apr 5, 2020
can't wait for that daily livestream news. Where they hopefully rip him a new one.
If you try that they'll ban you forever and ever. I don't watch his streams regularly, but the few times I have, people brought up the subject and got banned on the spot. The DC groupies are super-sensitive. Especially a girl whose name escapes me, defends DC like he's the second coming of Jesus or some shite, it's quite pathetic.

EthanB86

Jun 7, 2020
What you folks can't understand is the concept of patreon. People there aren't paying for the game, they believe in the quality of the project and in dev and they want to support him. If a lot of people still pay them as today that means that they believe in the dev. That's all. If you don't like the project just ignore it. And that is valid for summertime saga and for star citizen in the same way. No one is forcing you into put money on the game, no one is forcing you into playing it and not even reading news about it. Just ignore it, there is absolutely no need to get salty about a videgame that you never paid a cent for.

What other people like to do with their money should not be your concern in any way. And i write this while i never ever considered to give even a penny for STS and not even being a diehard fan of the game. I just read briefly about it when it comes up on "Latest updates" section on f95 because it was one of my first (if not my first) adult game i played. Just chill.
then they're deluded. theres been a VERY clear downward spiral of quality and quantity of content from the dev for years.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
honestly couldnt have said it better myself. the game has been functionally abandoned for years with juuuust enough content reluctantly pushed out to avoid the abandoned tag and to keep the braindead patreon supporters paying, but the devs finally flew too close to the sun this time and its been AMAZING to sit back and watch it all
oh yeah the discord is also on fire now and not even the mods can contain the rage. someone called DC a scammer and the comment is still there even though usually such posts get deleted but there is probably too much for the mods to handle

i don't feel sorry for the patreons though, if you're still donating to this project no matter if it's 1$ or 100$ you must have some sort of self humiliation fetish

cadwaladr

Aug 4, 2017
If you try that they'll ban you forever and ever. I don't watch his streams regularly, but the few times I have, people brought up the subject and got banned on the spot. The DC groupies are super-sensitive. Especially a girl whose name escapes me, defends DC like he's the second coming of Jesus or some shite, it's quite pathetic.
That'll be his wife probably. Earning her keep.

Reactions: MrBree

Wisconzin

Feb 18, 2021
Fuck, I should have leave comments before. I was thinking that for the abandoned tag there would be the smallest update to prevent it. Then there was the thing about partial release and I was thinking: now they have a month to actually start putting it together.
And it seems like the case. To reverse engineer the whole thing cannot take two years.
And now, the next part should be 2 months away. My prediction is to buckle up for 3 months wait. There are going to be some unforseen complications.

Reactions: EthanB86

EthanB86

Jun 7, 2020
oh yeah the discord is also on fire now and not even the mods can contain the rage. someone called DC a scammer and the comment is still there even though usually such posts get deleted but there is probably too much for the mods to handle

i don't feel sorry for the patreons though, if you're still donating to this project no matter if it's 1$ or 100$ you must have some sort of humiliation fetish
LMFAO. couldnt agree more. if i was putting my own money into the project i would have pulled out years ago, the quality and quantity of content has just gone off a cliff, theres no way someone still supports these devs after all this crap unless theyre genuinely deluded

Nullx54

Jun 4, 2017
Well looks like the forum was quick to remove the abandoned tag now that DC released a demo of the Tech Update. Honestly they should have kept it on to make sure he doesn't grift people some more.

Oh well, see you in 2026.

WASDwarrior

Apr 15, 2024
It's clear as day how the developer wants to do this and I'm baffled he still has the amount of support he does. Not only he reset everything to 0 but he also planned out that the next updates will come every 2 months, while already pointing what content will be in the next 3 updates with arrows.

By the looks of it 6 months from now the "tech update" version might be half as big as "pre-tech update", so give or take 1 year from now the current game MIGHT catch up to what it used to be, only for him to decide to update to 4k or something.

Should've just wrapped the game up fine with the current code and art and started a new one with better coding knowledge or something. Welp. I'm out.

View attachment 3691969
Dude has put the game development playlist on "Loop".

So, Rhonda is gonna release in 2027?

Reactions: Mastershake

EthanB86

Jun 7, 2020
Fuck, I should have leave comments before. I was thinking that for the abandoned tag there would be the smallest update to prevent it. Then there was the thing about partial release and I was thinking: now they have a month to actually start putting it together.
And it seems like the case. To reverse engineer the whole thing cannot take two years.
And now, the next part should be 2 months away. My prediction is to buckle up for 3 months wait. There are going to be some unforseen complications.
its a Ren'Py game, it should only take a few short months to reverse engineer the whole game for the code alone and to update any art should take around the same time. if the devs were working full time (which they should be considering how much money theyre raking in) then the update should have been done in 6 months or less. i get that burnout is a thing and i understand that, but over a year is kinda pushing it... TWO years tho? frankly obscene

Surmikas

Mar 30, 2023
What you folks can't understand is the concept of patreon. People there aren't paying for the game, they believe in the quality of the project and in dev and they want to support him. If a lot of people still pay them as today that means that they believe in the dev. That's all. If you don't like the project just ignore it. And that is valid for summertime saga and for star citizen in the same way. No one is forcing you into put money on the game, no one is forcing you into playing it and not even reading news about it. Just ignore it, there is absolutely no need to get salty about a videgame that you never paid a cent for.

What other people like to do with their money should not be your concern in any way. And i write this while i never ever considered to give even a penny for STS and not even being a diehard fan of the game. I just read briefly about it when it comes up on "Latest updates" section on f95 because it was one of my first (if not my first) adult game i played. Just chill.
No need to get salty just because people have opinions, nobody forces you to read the comments, you can go to the dev's discord to clean his boots and ignore the mean people here, just ignore it.
Just chill.

Aug 11, 2017
anybody have any info or anything on these "daily live streams" to actually see what the fuck he's doing outside of pissing away 2 years of everybody's interest?
Haven't watched in a few months but used to catch the streams from time to time. DC was making art long before the last "pre tech update" 2 years ago that has yet to be seen in the game. The art for the new locations was done ages ago and some art for the Rhonda update was shown about a year ago though he tends to avoid showing too many spoilers. This content won't be in the game for a minimum of another 12 months so he's actually well ahead depending on the amount of work needed to replace the old backgrounds.

If you follow the progress tracker on their website, art is always far ahead of everything else. Obviously posing can't be done before art and writing could be much further ahead than it is but coding has consistently been massively behind everything else. This is where all of the holdups are which for a hand drawn game makes little sense as it is much easier to hire more programmers than artists who can match a particular style (which is why animated shows use the same art styles as one another).

Either they are choosing not to hire more programmers to maintain profits or to deliberately slow down production, or else the company and it's leadership are incompetent and don't know how to scale development. Either way they are earning too much money for the rate of progress over the last 4 years since the tech update was announced.

Jul 15, 2020
Damn, there are lots of complainers. Instead of complaining about the update, how about you play the sheer amount of content that was available before the dev released the tech update? I have no idea what goes into development, do you? God knows what kind of things they have to change in the code. It’s been what, six years or so, and they are still working on it. That’s a lot of time to get better at something and look back on your previous work and think, ‘What the fuck was I doing with that part?’ I’ve had that thought over a couple of things I’ve spent time on. Would you have preferred the devs just to give up and leave? If so, get out of here. You clearly don’t like the game in that case.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes