EthanB86

Jun 7, 2020
...the company and it's leadership are incompetent and don't know how to scale development...
yea. this part is accurate. theyve said they dont have any deadlines or requirements or guidelines etc for production in-house. thats fine when its just a single person working on a project, but anything more than that and there NEEDS to be deadlines, guidelines etc to make sure eveything gets done and gets done properly

CigarRex

Truly, the Rex of all Cigars...
Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Some desperate undergrad would have remade the whole game in Unity in 2 years for 5k a month. DC is sitting on 30k and still diddling with Renpy so he could have an excuse "engine wasn't meant for sandbox experience like our game".
Heck, Ren'Py isn't even that bad for sandbox when you get your shit together. Obviously doesn't hold a candle to Unity, but it's far more workable than people may make it seem. Sometimes very annoying, but any engine will be.

I've heard from dogeek (previous lead programmer) that the hardest part of it all was actually doing the mini-games, which yeah sounds like one hell of a nightmare to do in raw python basically lol

Last edited:

anminter17

Sep 8, 2017
then they're deluded. theres been a VERY clear downward spiral of quality and quantity of content from the dev for years.
I don't literally care much, as i stated i kinda follow this game development because it was my first adult game i ever played so it's kinda for "sentimental value" but i'm not much into it and is not between my favourites by far.

I understand that many of you are kinda disappointed after a long wait just to see what seems like a rework/reboot of it but you should at least give some month to devs and see how much content they bring back in the next patch, maybe it will be a huge part of it or maybe not but why don't wait and see instead of this pointless whining? Ofc if i was a patreon i would have stopped my payments until i see what they are going to do for next releases but other than that why complain so much? Especially if you aren't even paying them. Just skip this release and wait at least few of future releases before saying that the game is dead.

To be honest STS was feeling a bit old even few years ago when i played it and while i admit that i would have managed this "backend update" in a different way (for sure i wouldn't have published it with so few content compared to v20) it was quite needed. And with that i'm not stating that i'm happy with this outcome from devs but simply that it's quite early to be so dramatic.

• Angry
Reactions: another___account

Wisconzin

Feb 18, 2021
With this project, the journey is the destination. Someone could write a research paper on human psychology and modern indie game development on this milking shitshow.
My only hope is that this will be the golden standart of game development. The ultimate goal: if we work hard enough and create a good game, we too can have 30k $/month for doing nothing.

mathluccas

Dec 21, 2022
I don't literally care much, as i stated i kinda follow this game development because it was my first adult game i ever played so it's kinda for "sentimental value" but i'm not much into it and is not between my favourites by far.

I understand that many of you are kinda disappointed after a long wait just to see what seems like a rework/reboot of it but you should at least give some month to devs and see how much content they bring back in the next patch, maybe it will be a huge part of it or maybe not but why don't wait and see instead of this pointless whining? Ofc if i was a patreon i would have stopped my payments until i see what they are going to do for next releases but other than that why complain so much? Especially if you aren't even paying them. Just skip this release and wait at least few of future releases before saying that the game is dead.

To be honest STS was feeling a bit old even few years ago when i played it and while i admit that i would have managed this "backend update" in a different way (for sure i wouldn't have published it with so few content compared to v20) it was quite needed. And with that i'm not stating that i'm happy with this outcome from devs but simply that it's quite early to be so dramatic.
Give the dev time?? You got to be fucking kidding me :KEK: I can't with these people

EthanB86

Jun 7, 2020
Damn, there are lots of complainers. Instead of complaining about the update, how about you play the sheer amount of content that was available before the dev released the tech update? I have no idea what goes into development, do you? God knows what kind of things they have to change in the code. It’s been what, six years or so, and they are still working on it. That’s a lot of time to get better at something and look back on your previous work and think, ‘What the fuck was I doing with that part?’ I’ve had that thought over a couple of things I’ve spent time on. Would you have preferred the devs just to give up and leave? If so, get out of here. You clearly don’t like the game in that case.
the people complaining are the ones who already HAVE played the content and have been waiting two years for something whicih should take less than 6 months. i DO know what goes into development and this is simply idiotic. also the dev blatantly pushing out a WIP build to avoid the abandoned tag sticking is predatory at best so they can keep the patreon money funnelling in. no one prefers the devs give up and leave, we prefer they do their job which they are being paid A LOT for, its not like its a single guy at this point with only 1k a month (that 6 month forecast i said earlier would be for just a single individual in their spare time btw). AND they have stated before that they do not have guidelines, deadlines or requirements for their team which is frankly insane. i understand its an creative project, but NO guidelines etc is only condusive to delays, reworks and pushed-back releases (as we can see).

EthanB86

Jun 7, 2020

"but you should at least give some month to devs and see how much content they bring back in the next patch"... thats what we have been doing... for years... they said it would only take a couple of months yet here we are. calling this "pointless whining" and for us to "wait and see" is dumb, we are YEARS past that stage. theyve been given far more time than necessary and youre saying "just wait bro"??? lmao. im not even that interested in this project and i dont really care for it that much but seeing the dev become an actual con-artist just makes me angry

EthanB86

Jun 7, 2020
It's not how it works. Devs can do what they want and people can do/pay what they like. You can think that someone is stupid to do something but you have no right to tell them that they are stupid because what is stupid for you may not be for another. In my eyes people that follow football games are wasting time because when i tried to do the same i found no joy into it and i felt stupid into follow a game that has so simply ruleset but i don't think that they are stupid, they just watch what they like. Many of them probably aren't into motorsport and could fall asleep watching an F1 race (especially if it's like the last one) neverless i enjoy it a lot. That's the point. You can think what you like about the product and even about the people that support it but if you aren't interested into it why are you here being toxic towards other people? Are they spending your money? Or are they hurting you somehow doing so?
your analogy of football holds no water. this is not a matter of "i dont enjoy it" its a matter of "theyre making 500k a year and give barely a fraction of what they should back to their supporters". its like paying for an expensive meal and getting 2 fries and the discarded fat of a steak and being told to be happy with it

EthanB86

Jun 7, 2020
So don't give them time, what's the matter? Just get past it and play something else, i just don't find logic between this enrage. Very few of us gave even a penny to devs, so why bother so much?
THEYVE HAD THE TIME. THATS WHY PEOPLE ARE UPSET LMAO, WHAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND

if this was 5 months into the tech update development then i would agree, but its five times that. over 2 years now. it simply does not take that long to produce this small amount of a rework

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes