Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
Why are 1 star reviews disappearing? Earlier today there were like 7-8 fresh reviews, now they are gone.
Apparently, reviews which are only about the development process and the developer are against the rules.

Avenjq

Jan 29, 2018
Bruh. This was the game I played when I first created an account on here. How can it have less content after all these years with all the money they made ... is some alien magic reality warping stuff. Genuinely Bravo.

I honestly gave up after the update to the "sisters" character removed animations from her hottest scene where the MC takes charge and pumps her full of cum... Checked out 1 more update a year later and the game stopped getting updated anyway lol.

Ifllslonly

Oct 17, 2023
So i just prefer to just wait and see. If this for you is "defending" i suppose we have two very different definitions for this word. I just don't think that act in a toxic way doesn't help at all the future of the game (if it still has one).

No, because world isn't made only by black and white. I'm not attacking and not defending.

If next update will be also underwhelming i will just ignore the game for the time being, luckly there are many daily releases and other interesting projects for my tastes so i'm not worried at all.
To be hopeful and positive is to defend it. I don't know how it's not black and white. I see this as defensive behaviour. As for toxicity, I agree that it's better not to be toxic. But lets make a distinction between toxicity and criticism.

I would agree with you if that were the case. But let's agree to disagree, you're defending this game and the developer. If you were neutral about it, you wouldn't be talking about it so much, it's as simple as that.

Again, let's agree to disagree. Because I don't see many "other interesting projects". Good for you if you really see it differently. For me, this industry is in a really bad state. And rightly so, as long as people are supporting "projects" like this while most developers can't even think about working on their games full time.
This is far worse than I expected. And I didn't expect anything...
That's exactly my reaction.
Yea all the art tasks are pretty much done. Maybe I am wrong but I thought that the tech update was also supposed to update debbie's art. So why the fuck did he release the update with her old art?
My honest reaction.
1717245939565.png

Last edited:

Amedore

Jul 6, 2018
So, now the game is just Debbie and Jenny's stories? The others are locked or something? Or am I wrong?

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
Apparently, reviews which are only about the development process and the developer are against the rules.
That sounds sketchy af dude. Why would mods remove 1 star reviews, but leave new 5 stars? No way this is a 5 star game in its current state. Other games have reviews mentioning development processes and developer issues. If they're doin it only for this game it's a bad look.

demonslender

Jul 26, 2020
Look, I don't know how exactly the code for STS works, and even less how the team works on it. All I know is the Tech Update was advertised as a "de-spagghettification" of DC's original code from way back when, so yeah, basically re-doing everything from scratch. Everyone (should!) knows that this first slice of the original content being released today isn't 100% of the work they did during these years, and that the "under-the-hood" code is probably mostly done by now (seen as you can explore many different locations and such)

I will give my input when it comes to Ren'Py. This is not an engine exactly built with sandbox open-world roaming in mind at all, but rather, Kinetic Novels powered by Python. In fact, there is a very scarce amount of information on how to even do it in the first place, which means most devs will have to improvise their own systems to bring it to life (I know I did lol)

With that said, I was heavily inspired to make my game open world because of STS as well as many others. I was relatively knowledgeable with programming before starting, but had absolutely no clue about Ren'Py, and winged my way through the early stages of development.

From the ground up, knowing nothing about Ren'Py and alone, it took me about 3 months to get my sandbox environment ready enough to make me feel confident in the project - Daily and Weekly cycles, New locations, Different events at different locations, triggers for unique events and so on.

I do not believe my game is as vast and intricate as STS, particularly when it comes to how things react to your progress with different characters and so on. But I cannot understand how or why did it take so long for a team of developers, with the backing they have, to build STS 100% from scratch.

I could be wrong, but it always seemed that DC was ahead of the schedule with his art, and that most of the progress was being bottlenecked by coding and posing. I have been continuously baffled by this long wait ever since I learned Ren'Py myself, because I simply can't fathom what warrants this much coding effort.

I just genuinely hope that they've at least made the foundations for the game to be easily expandable in the future, so they don't face this bottleneck again. After all, I'm pretty sure this was their main goal from the start, but wow did it take long...
i think the answer for why he was bottlenecked by coding is far simpler than you think, most people don't actually know how much time, effort and work is needed for coding so it's the easiest excuse to milk the paypigs for literal years. me personally, i know nothing of coding so i wouldn't know if a person was truly struggling with it or just pretending to be struggling but that's why i don't pay for unfinished products. others however are very quick to financially support someone for years without knowing a single thing of the development process, i.e. paypigs.

Reactions: CigarRex

Bootyman

Apr 7, 2018
Tech updates feel like an excuse to start over so they can keep on milking money with their patreon while drip feeding releases.

Eeliejun

Jul 19, 2017
This is kinda hilarious, like, bravo darkcoockie, this is some galaxy brain move, actually, people were set and done with this game so let's rebuild it, literally downgrade it to it's original 2017 build and drop all the old content he lasted almost a decade making in the form of "brand new" updates.
Imagine fans of this game waiting to 2027 for the brand new roxxie update.
I wanted more roxxie missed her and now this. It is insane how people still defend darkcookie.

Reactions: Exocrine
4.10 star(s) 357 Votes