harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
hmm... my impression right now is that dev lost his hdd at some point.
decided, fuck it, I will just enjoy the patron monies forever.
when this thread was marked abandoned he panicked and started working on a reboot.
and that the entire reboot (v21) was made between the time this thread was marked as abandoned and by the time it was released.

Plily

Apr 14, 2018
hmm... my impression right now is that dev lost his hdd at some point.
decided, fuck it, I will just enjoy the patron monies forever.
when this thread was marked abandoned he panicked and started working on a reboot.
and that the entire reboot (v21) was made between the time this thread was marked as abandoned and by the time it was released.
He reused the same art though, it's not like he did new ones, if so, people wouldn't complain.

DC also doesn't care, he posts on X like everything is fine.

Reactions: Sam2537

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
He reused the same art though, it's not like he did new ones, if so, people wouldn't complain.

DC also doesn't care, he posts on X like everything is fine.
He could have easily downloaded the old game from here and then extracted the art from it using unren.

XCelesX

Jun 2, 2020
so i guess stupid question, how much of the old game is in the new version? is this gonna be like my new life revamp where his basically redoing and changing the whole story?
No even better. You get the same game as before, but cut into chuncks with like 3 new pics and everything is widescreen now

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
I've been playing this game from almost the very beginning and he's been saying back then (with everyone's suggestions) he was going to do this very same thing ,he's doing now ......... I just don't know why all the fuss when he is sticking to his words :unsure: o_O:unsure:o_O:love::confused::confused::confused:
I know right? This is exactly what was said was the new plan, not long back. People complained because the full tech update was taking way too long. DC broke the update into smaller chunks and now people are confused because its not all there. Like WTF, did IQ's drop sharply just lately or what? :unsure:

Reactions: Daveck

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
Ok, so, this is pretty wild. Seems like the tech update customized the way the engine stores the art assets to make it impossible to decompress them with unren
Sorry, I missed where you mentioned empty files... Yeah looks like the project uses a lot of custom coded stuff more complicated than a typical AVN... could be the dev used something to keep people out... a lot of 'Signature' object attribute issues.
why bother making content when you can develop DRM.

Reactions: Istaken123

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
What does this "Tech Update" even do? The game runs the same. The only change is removed content.
The main thing was a complete rewrite of the scripting. The original version went through a handful of different coders who all did things differently. This led to a mess of spaghetti code that made it harder and harder to implement features. The new 'tech update' (now broken into separately released chunks) unifies the coding, making new systems, minigames and features much easier to integrate going forward.
It also changed the games aspect from 4:3 to 16:9, for people with widescreen monitors and people playing on handheld devices.

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
It also changed the games aspect for 4:3 to 16:9, for people with widescreen monitors and people playing on handheld devices.
> for people with widescreens
also known as "people who are not time travelers from before 2009". (that is not the year in which widescreen was introduced. but the year into 4:3 became a small minority)

Reactions: joram00
4.10 star(s) 357 Votes