Skunktail

Jun 4, 2017
i took a look for myself and was disappointed as well, but i also did peer behind the curtain a little and it looks like the old content is still in there, just not accessible
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
that being said, trying to access any of these events fails, doesn't crash, just dumps you out of the conversation.
the new content if you want to call it new content, are new areas/locations that have nothing in them yet.
also this tech update made hacking the save much harder.

Sscdrake

Jun 24, 2018
Japanese ero games are meant to have full releases because that is how they are sold, they don't get away with laying down a framework and then receiving monthly payments to do whatever. They have to budget, invest time and money and throw it on the market as fast as possible to start receiving profit. Like how videogames used to be made in the west a long time ago, before they invented early access.
Anime, manga etc actually have abysmal completion rates... Everything that comes in installments is like this, if it is not making profit anymore development stops. Look at tv-shows that have a satisfying well rounded ending ffs. If a Japanese dev spends 10 months on "During my college years my brother became my lover, but I accidentally slipped and pounded my father instead. My mother pounded my brother as revenge and the magical girl turned me into a futa so I pounded everyone." and sells only three copies there sure as hell is not going to be a part II.
That said I think I would have plenty problems doing a solo project, alone, for years, staying creative, staying motivated. Especially after you hit a block or delay and the money just keeps rolling in with no repercussions. I like to think I would not be able to keep taking money and just lying trough my teeth to the people who support me in good faith, as I still feel bad about taking that five bucks I saw falling out of a collection box when I was 10 years old. But hey, nobody is ever giving me money so I will never have to find out.
Agreed, except that most manga/manhwa and light novels do get completed, they are just released in arcs so maybe the entire potential story isn't. But this is typical for a lot of serialized content, games included, and is just one of the downsides of serialized content which is by design intended to be far longer than reasonably-sized projects.

Most artists and writers actually start small with one-offs or, as I'm sure you know, hard-arc series that COULD continue going if things get popular but have hard arcs that form complete stories.

The manga that would eventually become Naruto was like this.

So my point still stands, though I guess I admit we could debate "completion" here. But there are better ways to do this, like completing a full game loop and then slowly adding story content to it.

I.e. in Summertime Saga's case, finishing a core story with a very few core characters, then adding to it bit by bit over time. That way he could stop whenever the heck he wanted or go as long as he wanted because the core gameplay was there, and that is much more manageable than the what 40 characters we have going on now.

This is actually what a lot of serial content creators do, so the completion rate is technically much higher. I do think you're also mostly talking about professional manga and anime which is a whole other ballpark of problems, like stretching stuff out just to milk it.

My Hero Academia shot well past its intended ending eons ago by mouth of the creator himself just because it got popular, and he regulated the dude who was supposed to be the final villain to some side character lmao.

John_Cenahh

May 14, 2023
Has anyone ever considered a project with this kind of monetization is just a front for something illegal and money laundering? thousands of ppl mindlessly donating hundreds and thousands dollars a month for years with nothing in return. filtering the $$ through patreon.... or is it more likely ppl are just really f*cking stupid?

Dioxon123

Jan 6, 2020
Has anyone ever considered a project with this kind of monetization is just a front for something illegal and money laundering? thousands of ppl mindlessly donating hundreds and thousands dollars a month for years with nothing in return. filtering the $$ through patreon.... or is it more likely ppl are just really f*cking stupid?
People are just stupid. this creater should have been abandoned a long time ago by all his patreons.... over a year to make one update, and this is what he puts out. pathetic.

RustDust

Jul 18, 2017
wow. forget drip-feeding to keep people thirsty and begging for more, they're just taking away content now

coleb1555

Nov 14, 2018
Holy fuck I can't believe they're keeping out Debbie and Eve's story for 4-6 months. Fucking inasno time here truly

4.10 star(s) 356 Votes