mattius77

May 16, 2017
Just to dogpile a bit on top of similar points others have been making this weekend... according to the almighty Search Bar, I discovered this game in mid-2017 at ver 0.13. One of my new coworkers is a young woman just getting started in her professional life who is taking the bar exam this month to become a lawyer. In mid-2017 she had not yet started undergraduate college.

I wonder how much DC has made during that same period off of what has been his sole job for............ four years? Five years? He had to get the game to a point where it could attract 30,000 pledges a month (assuming the public faced numbers on his Patreon are accurate) - that's not small work, and kudos to him for it. But my god, man. Don't pretend that you're single-handedly trying to code the next AAA First Party open world adventure. Holy god man it's fucking Ren'Py. :ROFLMAO:

naoligopraisso

Jun 13, 2018
Oh don't get me wrong.
I'm not defending the shit show happening here.
I'm just replying to the specific question : "Why did they feel the need of redoing the code all over ?"
friend, not even the creator of this game will know how to answer this question, there is no way that a reboot of the game would be easier to do, than implementing changes and reworks little by little in the game, no one expected anything from this "update" but certainly the Those who voted for this did not expect that they would run out of new content for the next 6 years (2 years to launch the reboot and another 4 years to get where it was)

Adoringfan

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2016
So will the scene be reinserted somewhere down the line? Otherwise the whole moment is pointless.
The original scene was changed, so it doesn't exist anymore. Someone did say the changed scene is in the cookie jar though.

redjoe23

Nov 2, 2019
I'm going to try to say this with all the respect in the world, YOU, people like you are the problem, people like you are the reason Darkcookie can spend 2 years just scratching his own scrotum and pretending he's developing something.

Shouldn't we hate the game right now? Did DC draw "new" scenes and with extreme detail? Friend, have you seen the proportions of some characters like Jenny? She looks like the worms from the movie MIB with two hot air balloons attached to her body, and with fingers so thin that they could be used in prostate exams for those who give money to this crap game, not to mention scenes that are literally just mirrors of the original or that are only the template for the highlighted character.

Unfortunately Rhonda's update will come later? Friend, forget Rhonda, forget Judith, forget any character for the next 4 years, do you really want to give money to this guy who in his last post said in so many words "I don't care about this shit", if you want to spend money that bad in breasts, I recommend you look for a prostitute, I guarantee you will have much more fun than with this game that has no sound, no gameplay, no content, no dialogue and no love.
And I would add: The H Game industry would be in a better place right now if the last two years of Summertime Saga Patreon dollars had instead been funneled to competent creators who actually care about their projects.

SinGen

Sep 6, 2018
I just got deleted my review because it was "innapropiate" when i said that is not worth spending time in the game because it has no content at all.

Reactions: fratz982

naoligopraisso

Jun 13, 2018
And I would add: The H Game industry would be in a better place right now if the last two years of Summertime Saga Patreon dollars had instead been funneled to competent creators who actually care about their projects.
honestly, at this point in the championship, even if they invested in text-based games or games made with images in AI, it would be better money spent than on that.
The best possible scenario would be if DC went bankrupt, abandoned the project and it was continued by those who really understand this game, the modders.
How delusional am I for wanting a Grace update? She's the only character I've ever cared about in this game and I have a feeling her update still might be 3 years away...
Friend, I really don't want to discourage you, but 3 years is only in the best possible scenario, there is no way for the game to reach version 0.20.16 in 1 year or less, my prediction is at least 4, and if the plans continue where stopped, there are still a few characters in line before they consider Grace.
I just got deleted my review because it was "innapropiate" when i said that is not worth spending time in the game because it has no content at all.
Censorship my friend, censorship, they will say that your review does not follow the rules and guidelines of the page and they will not give you the chance to make another review so as not to risk that you evaluate the game badly again, you are obliged to limit yourself to saying things like "the last update made the game unplayable", although I wouldn't be surprised if even those reviews were deleted and only the good 5-star ones remained.

Last edited:

Shawano94

Aug 1, 2018
So let me get this straight, because I haven't played in awhile, the game is being restarted from the beginning? After so many people invested money into it?

Saraf

Mar 16, 2018
I mean my overall opinion about the situation. He should of finished the game first, then he could do all this Tech Update stuff.
Thats how japanese devs tend to do it.
Finish your damn game and then,years down the line,release a HD version for PR.
The big difference is those normally completely switch engine and insert higher resolution artwork(or rather downscale the original artwork less)while also adding the modern VN quality of life features that especially old titles didnt have.
How DC wasted two years of active development to go from Renpy to Renpy in widescreen,while basicly not even reintegrating even a fraction of the original content is beyond me.
His coder must have the coziest job on the market,writing a single line a day,taking off a week whenever he encounters a variable.

How delusional am I for wanting a Grace update? She's the only character I've ever cared about in this game and I have a feeling her update still might be 3 years away...
More like 5 but yes,her story is hanging on a rather horrible cliffhanger.

Reactions: Notadroidyoulookfor

DaedusWolfe

Oct 26, 2017
To everyone keeping tabs on the game and complaining. Just leave the thread like I am. It's obvious that DC can do no wrong as evidenced by the reviews being removed
They are removing all reviews that don't adhere strictly to the reviewing rules. If your review mentions the developer or the dev team in any way .. regardless of whether it is derogatory or basic criticism .. your review will be deleted. Nevermind that criticizing a development process is standard practice at any other game platform. It's not relevant to the user's experience in the eyes of F95.

micekick

Jan 10, 2018
Lmfao I just read the update... is big dawg actually saying that the tech update is gonna bee running for 8-10 more months based on the screenshot?

As we mentioned in our last news post, not all of the Tech Update content is
available yet
. We have been working extensively on all aspects of Summertime
Saga and now have most key systems and art in place. Starting with this release
we are switching our focus to bringing familiar content into the new engine and
releasing our progress every 2 months. As well as moving over existing content,
we will also be slipping in some new additions for players to enjoy each update.

1717346129426.jpeg

SinGen

Sep 6, 2018
To everyone keeping tabs on the game and complaining. Just leave the thread like I am. It's obvious that DC can do no wrong as evidenced by the reviews being removed

They are removing all reviews that don't adhere strictly to the reviewing rules. If your review mentions the developer or the dev team in any way .. regardless of whether it is derogatory or basic criticism .. your review will be deleted. Nevermind that criticizing a development process is standard practice at any other game platform. It's not relevant to the user's experience in the eyes of F95.
"In the current state of the game that has been realesed for 8 years theres no content at all basically, i wouldnt recommend anyone to play this game or support in any way shape or form, i hope this review help people to do not waste his time in this game., the v21.0.0 update is the worst thing i have ever seen in this site, not even milfy city..."

where do i mention a developer? im talking about the current state of the game, they just dont like it because they probably have some contract or something with DC or thats what they make me think (im not saying that they have BUT thats what it looks like, just my thought) when they delete some reviews.

4.10 star(s) 357 Votes